|
|
Forever-永恒
|
My name is Henry Morgan. |
我叫亨利.摩根 |
My story is a long one. |
我的故事说来话长 |
It might sound a bit implausible . |
听起来有点难以置信 |
implausible:adj.难以置信的,不像真实的;
|
In fact, you probably won't believe me. |
也许你都不会相信 |
But I'll tell you anyway, because, beyond all else, |
但我还是要告诉你 因为相比起来 |
I have lots and lots of time. |
我最不缺的就是时间 |
Doors are closing. |
车门即将关闭 |
How did you know I was Russian? |
你怎么知道我是俄罗斯人 |
Korovka. Russian chocolate. |
科洛夫卡 俄罗斯巧克力 |
You have a smudge . |
你嘴边还有巧克力渍 |
smudge:v.弄脏,涂污;用浓烟熏;n.污点,污迹;烟熏火堆;
|
Good luck at the performance tonight. |
祝你今晚的演出顺利进行 |
performance:n.性能;表现;业绩;表演;
|
Sorry. |
抱歉 |
I noticed the indentations on your fingers. |
我注意到你手指的压痕 |
indentations:n.缺口;[物]压痕;[物]刻痕(indentation的复数);
|
At first I thought the violin, but the spacing is a bimarkingst too wide, and there's no markings under your chin , so cello . |
一开始我以为你是拉小提琴的 但压痕的间距太宽了 而且你的下巴没有印子 所以应该是大提琴 |
markings:n.标记;记分;成交价格记录(marking的复数); chin:n.下巴;颏;v.(口)用下巴夹住(提琴等);(单杠)引体向上使下巴高过横杠;谈话; cello:n.大提琴;
|
How did you know I have a performance? |
那你怎么知道我今晚有演出 |
Your collar has a bit of moisture . |
你的领子有点湿 |
collar:n.衣领;领子;箍;(动物,尤指狗的)颈圈;v.抓住;捉住;揪住;逮住; moisture:n.水分;湿度;潮湿;降雨量;
|
Freshly showered. |
看得出来你刚刚洗过澡 |
Freshly:adv.新近;精神饱满地;
|
So I assumed you're either headed to work or going out on a date, and, with all due respect, it would be unusual for a woman as beautiful as you to be taking the subway to a date. |
所以我猜 你不是去上班 就是去约会 我无意冒犯 但是佳人如你 是不会 坐地铁去约会的 |
assumed:adj.假定的;假设的;v.假定;假设;认为;承担;(assume的过去分词和过去式)
|
You see a lot. |
你看到的真多 |
Well, I've seen a lot. |
我只是见得多了而已 |
Next stop: 66th Street, Lincoln Center. |
下一站 六十六大街 林肯中心 |
Perhaps you would like to come to the performance? |
你愿意来看我的演出吗 |
Maybe afterwards, you could grab a drink? |
之后说不定我们能一起喝一杯 |
grab:v.攫取;霸占;将…深深吸引;n.攫取;霸占;夺取之物;
|
I would love to. |
我很乐意 |
I've lived a full life, been madly in love. |
我曾经有美满的生活 深爱过 |
madly:adv.疯狂地;发狂地;精神失常地;
|
I've had my heart broken. |
也曾经一度心碎 |
I've fought in wars and seen more than my fair share of death. |
从前征战沙场 目睹无数死亡 |
In my long life, I've experienced many ends, but only one beginning. |
在我漫长的一生中 我经历过无数个尽头 却只有一个开始 |
It all started 200 years ago. |
一切始于两百年前 |
It's just a fever. This man will be fine. |
只是感冒而已 这伙计没什么大碍 |
He's not a man. He's property. |
他不是伙计 他就是个东西而已 |
He has cholera . Throw him overboard . |
他得了霍乱 把他丢下船 |
cholera:n.[内科]霍乱; overboard:adv.自船上落下;向船外;adj.极其热心的;全身心投入的;
|
I can assure you he is not infected ! |
我可以保证 他没有染病 |
assure:vt.保证;担保;使确信;弄清楚; infected:adj.带菌的; v.传染; (infect的过去分词和过去式)
|
You allow my men to remove him, or I shall. |
你最好让我的手下把他带出去 不然我就自己动手了 |
Step aside, Dr. Morgan, or I will shoot you. |
摩根医生 一边站着去 不然我就开枪了 |
I cannot let you do this. |
我不能让你这么做 |
So be it. |
那就你去死吧 |
You see, something happened that night. |
那晚发生了一些事 |
I was transformed . |
我被转化了 |
transformed:v.使改变形态;使改变外观(或性质);(transform的过去分词和过去式)
|
I still feel love, pleasure, pain. |
我仍然能感知到爱 快乐和痛苦 |
My life is just like yours. |
我的生命和你的几乎一样 |
Except for one small difference. |
除了一个小小的差别 |
It never ends. |
我的生命从没有尽头 |
Since that night nearly two centuries ago, every time I die, I always return in water, and I'm always naked . |
自从近两个世纪前的那晚之后 每次我经历死亡 总是会回到水里 而且总是一丝不挂 |
naked:adj.裸体的;无装饰的;无证据的;直率的;
|