|
|
FerasFayyad_2021F-_现实中帮助叙利亚难民的超级英雄_
|
[SHAPE YOUR FUTURE] |
[塑造你的未来] |
Society has a set of stories it tells itself about who refugees are and what they look like. |
对于难民们的身份与样貌, 社会已经有了既定的印象。 |
But let me tell you a different story. |
但是让我来告诉你一个不一样的故事。 |
My story. |
我的故事。 |
I'm a filmmaker and a refugee from a small village in northern Syria . |
我是电影导演, 一个来自叙利亚 北部小村庄的难民。 |
In our village, growing up, there was no stable electricity supply. |
从小,我们的村庄里就没有稳定的供电。[00:37] |
refugees:n.避难者;逃亡者;难民;(refugee的复数) filmmaker:n.电影制作人;电影摄制者; Syria:n.叙利亚共和国; stable:n.马厩;牛棚;adj.稳定的;牢固的;坚定的;vi.被关在马厩;赶入马房; electricity:n.电力;电流;强烈的紧张情绪;
|
We spend most of our nights around gas lanterns and told stories about Syrian mythological superbeings that protected the vulnerable . |
我们大部分的夜晚都是围绕煤气灯, 听着叙利亚神话英雄 保护弱势群体的故事度过的。 |
I was a boy who loved the stories of superheroes . |
我是个热爱超级英雄故事的男孩, |
But later on, these stories shifted to tales of heroes that my family has to face under the Assad dictatorship . |
但是这些英雄故事 象是逐渐变成了阿萨德独裁下, 我的家庭需要面对的的英雄事迹。 |
Syrian:adj.叙利亚的;叙利亚人的;叙利亚语的;n.叙利亚人;叙利亚语; mythological:adj.神话的;神话学的;虚构的; vulnerable:adj.易受攻击的,易受…的攻击;易受伤害的;有弱点的; superheroes:超级英雄(superhero的名词复数); shifted:转移;移动(shift的过去式和过去分词); dictatorship:n.专政;独裁权;独裁者职位;
|
One of my uncles was killed under torture . |
我的一个叔叔死于酷刑之下。 |
My father had to burn his books before they were even published in order to protect us from the regime . |
为了保护我们,在叔叔的书籍出版前, 父亲便把它们都烧毁了。 |
He burned his dreams along with his books. |
随着书籍的烧毁,叔叔的梦想也破灭了。 |
These stories must not be forgotten, my parents insisted. |
我的父母告诫我们, 不可以忘记这些故事。 |
torture:v.折磨;拷问;歪曲;n.折磨;拷问;歪曲; regime:n.政权,政体;社会制度;管理体制;
|
The stories stopped being a pastime . |
这些故事不再用于消遣, |
It became a form of resistance . |
他们转变成了一种反抗。 |
I studied filmmaking and focused on documentaries. |
我学习了电影制作,并且专注于纪录片。 |
Documentary filmmaking, you see, became my way of resistance. |
纪录片也逐渐成为 我表示反抗的一种方式。 |
I documented stories of Syrians who opposed the Assad regime, in 2011, when the revolution started. |
我记录了那些叙利亚人 反对阿萨德政权的故事。 革命于2011年开始。[01:46] |
pastime:n.娱乐,消遣; resistance:n.电阻;抵抗;阻力;抗力; filmmaking:n.制片,电影摄制; Syrians:n.叙利亚人(Syrian的复数); opposed:adj.强烈反对; v.反对(计划、政策等); (oppose的过去分词和过去式) revolution:n.革命;旋转;运行;循环;
|
I was arrested, tortured and sexually assaulted . |
我被逮捕、拷打、并遭受性侵犯。 |
When I was released , I left Syria. |
我被释放后,离开了叙利亚。 |
I was traumatized and tried to end my life. |
我受到了心理创伤, 并且尝试过结束自己的生命。 |
My wife stood by me and helped me hang onto life. |
我的妻子陪伴在我身边, 给予了我生活的希望。 |
But as a result , I stopped making films. |
但是也因为如此,我停止了制作电影。[02:15] |
tortured:adj.遭受重创的; v.拷问; (torture的过去分词和过去式) sexually:adv.性,性欲 assaulted:v.猛烈攻击,袭击,侵犯人身;使(感官)难受;(assault的过去分词和过去式) released:v.释放;使免除;已发布;(release的过去分词和过去式) traumatized:adj.心理受到创伤的;v.使受创伤(traumatize的过去式和过去分词); as a result:结果;
|
Despite my arrest and torture, |
即使经历了逮捕与拷打, |
I took many risks in order to see my family. |
我仍冒着许多风险与我的家人团聚。 |
So a year later, when the Assad regime lost control of the north of Syria, |
所以,一年之后,当阿萨德政权 失去了北叙利亚的统治权, |
I was able to visit my hometown. |
我才探访我的家乡。 |
Despite:prep.尽管,不管;n.轻视;憎恨;侮辱;
|
There, I met many inspiring Syrians, real life superheroes who stayed behind to save lives. |
在那里,我遇见了 很多鼓舞人心的叙利亚人, 他们是现实世界里拯救生命的超级英雄。 |
I was captivated by how genuine they were. |
我被他们的真诚所打动了。 |
Without planning, I took out my camera and started filming, |
我在没有任何计划下, 便拿出摄像机,开始拍摄 |
I felt inspired . |
我受到了启发。 |
These real-life superheroes saved the filmmaker in me. |
这些现实世界里的超级英雄, 拯救了我内在的那个电影制作人。[02:58] |
inspiring:adj.鼓舞人心的;灌输的;v.鼓舞;激发;使感悟;(inspire的现在分词) captivated:v.迷住;迷惑;(captivate的过去式); genuine:adj.真实的,真正的;诚恳的; inspired:adj.受到启发的; v.鼓舞; (inspire的过去分词和过去式) real-life:adj.现实的;实在的;
|
Khalid was one of the heroes in my first feature film , "Last Men in Aleppo." |
哈立德是我第一部剧情片 “终守阿勒波”的一位英雄。 |
Khaled was a simple man who dreamed to be a firefighter , but he couldn't follow his dream. |
他是个梦想成为消防员的普通人。 但是他却没能实现梦想, |
So he worked as a house painter. |
只成为了油漆工。 |
When the war destroyed his city, he found his calling. |
当战争摧毁了他的城市, |
feature film:n.故事片; firefighter:n.消防队员;
|
He joined the White Helmets, a group of Syrian volunteers who formed a civil defense organization to rescue civilians from their bombed homes. |
使命感使他加入了“白头盔”。 一个由叙利亚志愿者组成的民防组织, 救助那些困于被炸弹摧毁房屋下的平民。 |
Khalid saved hundreds of lives. |
哈立德救了上百个生命。 |
While doing that, he died as a hero. |
在救助生命的同时,他作为英雄、牺牲了。 |
The second hero is Dr. Amani Ballour, whose story I told in my second film, “The Cave.” |
第二位英雄是我在我第二部电影 “山洞” 里提到的 阿曼尼·巴洛尔医生。 |
volunteers:n.志愿者; v.自愿做; (volunteer的第三人称单数和复数) organization:n.组织;机构;体制;团体; rescue:n.救援;抢救;营救;获救;v.抢救;营救;援救; civilians:n.平民;市民;文官;无军职人员;(civilian的复数)
|
It's a story of an extraordinary woman who founded an underground hospital in eastern Ghouta. |
这是一位非凡的女性 在东古塔建设地下医院 。 |
She treated injured children, victims of atrocities , while bombs fell around them. |
在弹雨枪林下,她治疗了受伤的孩童 和肆虐的受害者。 |
As a female scientist, she defied sexism and patriarchy to save civilians who suffered two attacks with chemical weapons . |
作为一位女性科学家, 她抗衡了父权制度与性别歧视, 去救助那些遭受两次化学攻击的平民。 |
extraordinary:adj.非凡的;特别的;离奇的;临时的;特派的; eastern:adj.东方的;向东的;东部的;东方国家的;n.东方人;东正教信徒; treated:v.以…态度对待;把…看作;(treat的过去分词和过去式) injured:adj.受伤的:委屈的: v.伤害,使受伤: n.伤员; atrocities:n.暴行(atrocity的复数);残忍; female:adj.女性的;雌性的;柔弱的,柔和的;n.女人;[动]雌性动物; defied:adj.受蔑视的;遭违抗的;v.违抗(defy的过去式); sexism:n.(针对女性的)性别歧视;男性至上主义; patriarchy:n.父权制;家长统治;父系社会; chemical weapons:化学武器;
|
And then there are the two superheroes who saved my own life. |
接下来的两位英雄救了我的生命。 |
Khalil Ma'touq and Anwar al-Bunni. |
哈立德·马图克和安瓦尔·布尼。 |
They are the lawyers who took up my case and got me out of the most notorious torture facilities in Damascus. |
两位律师接手了我的案子, 并帮助我逃离了大马士革最臭名昭着的拷问机关。 |
While Anwar now is in Germany, fighting for justice for Syrian refugees, |
当安瓦尔在德国, 为叙利亚难民争取自由的时候, |
Khalil was arrested in 2012 because of his work. |
哈利德在2012年被逮捕了。 |
We don't know anything about him because the Syrian regime continues to deny his arrest, but his work is not in vain . |
由于叙利亚政府持续否认他的逮捕, 我们没能得到关于他的任何信息。 但他所做的事情不会是徒劳的。 |
notorious:adj.声名狼藉的,臭名昭著的; facilities:n.设施;设备;特别装置;特色;场所;(facility的复数) justice:n.公平;公正;司法制度;审判; deny:v.否定,否认;拒绝给予;拒绝…的要求; vain:adj.徒劳的;自负的;无结果的;无用的;
|
It's for Khalil I faced my torturer in Germany. |
为了哈立德,我在德国 与拷打我的人对峙。 |
In June 2020 I gave my testimony at the first trial on Syrian state of torture before a German court in Koblenz. |
2020年六月, 我在科布伦茨的法庭上, 为以色列政府的拷问提供了供词。 |
It is for Amani and Khalid |
正是因为阿马尼和哈立德, |
I'm still the filmmaker today. |
我才得以成为今天的电影制作人。 |
torturer:n.虐待者,拷问者; testimony:n.[法]证词,证言;证据;
|
They inspired me to create a new cinematic universe of superheroes, based on their quest to end injustice . |
他们对不公义的反抗使我受到启发, 并开创了充满超级英雄的电影宇宙。 |
Creating this cinematic universe has not been an easy journey . |
创造这个电影宇宙并不简单。 |
It's been a brutal struggle against racism and discrimination in the film industry, an industry dominated by people who think they know how the audience, how you want a film about Syrians to be, how you want superheroes or refugees to look. |
在电影行业, 这是对抗 残酷种族主义和歧视的一种斗争。 这个行业的人认为他们已足够了解观众, 知道他们想看什么样题材的电影—— 叙利亚超级英雄或者难民的样子。 |
cinematic:adj.电影的;影片的; quest:n.追求;寻找;vi.追求;寻找;vt.探索; injustice:n.不公正;不讲道义; journey:n.旅行;行程;vi.旅行; brutal:adj.残忍的;野蛮的,不讲理的; racism:n.种族主义,种族歧视;人种偏见; discrimination:n.歧视;区别,辨别;识别力; dominated:v.支配;控制;左右;影响;(dominate的过去式和过去分词)
|
But refugees look just like me. |
但是难民和我长得一样。 |
These refugees were superheroes who defied the status quo and stereotype . |
这些难民是反抗原状 和刻板印象的超级英雄。 |
So I will not stop. I owe it to them. |
所以我不会停止归功于他们。 |
I owe it to my daughter, the young refugee child. |
也归功于我年幼的难民女儿, |
To tell the stories of superheros who look just like her. |
去讲述那些和她长相一样的超级英雄的故事。 |
For her, I will continue to resist. |
为了她,我会继续反抗。[06:19] |
status quo:n.现状;原来的状况; stereotype:vt.使用铅版;套用老套,使一成不变;n.陈腔滥调,老套;铅版; owe:v.归功于;欠(债);欠(账);欠(情)
|
Thank you. |
谢谢。 |