|
|
ErnestineLeikekiSevidzem_2020T-_与自然和谐相处的_“森林一代”_-
|
My name is Sevidzem Ernestine Leikeki. |
我叫赛维泽姆 · 恩尼斯汀 · 莱基 (Sevidzem Ernestine Leikeki)。 |
I'm a climate activist from the North-West Region of Cameroon . |
我是一名来自喀麦隆西北地区的 |
I focus on two things: caring for nature and educating the next generation to do the same. |
我专注于两件事: 关爱大自然 并教育下一代也要这样做。 |
We can't fight the climate emergency if we cannot protect and regenerate our land. |
如果我们不能保护和再生我们的土地, 我们就无法与气候紧急状态抗争。 |
activist:n.积极分子;激进主义分子; North-West:n.西北; Region:n.地区;范围;部位; Cameroon:n.喀麦隆(西非国名); emergency:n.紧急情况;突发事件;非常时刻;adj.紧急的;备用的; regenerate:vt.使再生;革新;vi.再生;革新;adj.再生的;革新的;
|
That's why my colleagues and I at Cameroon Gender and Environment Watch are dedicated to regenerating the 20,000-hectare Kilum-Ijim Forest. |
这就是为什么我和我的同事 在喀麦隆性别与环境观察组织 致力于再生两万公顷的 |
My community of 300,000 people depends on nature for livelihood . |
我社区里的 30 万人依靠自然为生。 |
We find daily solutions in our forest and in our farmlands . |
我们在森林和农田中 找到日常解决方案, |
But our natural resources face a lot of challenges: deforestation , over-exploitation , encroachment and poor soil conservation . |
但是,我们的自然资源面临着许多挑战, 包括森林砍伐、过度开发、 侵占以及水土保护不力。 |
colleagues:n.同事;同行(colleague的复数); Gender:n.性别; dedicated:adj.献身的; v.把…奉献给; (dedicate的过去分词和过去式) regenerating:v.再生(regenerate的ing形式);改革;使恢复原状; community:n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体; livelihood:n.生计,生活;营生; farmlands:n.农田; resources:n.[计][环境]资源; v.向…提供资金(resource的第三人称单数); deforestation:n.采伐森林;森林开伐; over-exploitation:过度开发; encroachment:n.侵入,侵犯;侵蚀; conservation:n.保存,保持;保护;
|
And these are made worse by gender inequality, cultural barriers and little or no knowledge about the goodness of nature. |
这些都是由于性别不平等、 文化障碍和对自然界的善意 知之甚少或一无所知。 |
Worst of them are the devastating bushfires . |
其中最糟糕的是毁灭性的丛林大火。 |
To make sure that this forest continues to exist into the future, we work to educate our children that if they protect the forest, it will, in turn, support them. |
为了确保这个森林在未来继续存在, 我们努力教育我们的孩子, 如果他们保护森林, |
cultural:adj.与文化有关的;文化的;与艺术、文学、音乐等有关的; barriers:n.障碍;栅栏;篱笆墙(barrier的复数形式); devastating:adj.毁灭性的; v.毁灭; (devastate的现在分词) bushfires:n.丛林大火;
|
We educate our children what it means to love nature and treat it with care. |
我们教育我们的孩子 爱护和善待自然意味着什么。 |
I call that "raising a forest generation." |
我把这称之为 “养育一代森林人” 。 |
To date, my organization has provided environmental education to more than 50,000 people in the Kilum-Ijim Forest area, 60 percent of them women. |
迄今为止,我的组织 五万多人提供了环境教育。 其中 60% 是女性。 |
treat:v.治疗;处理;招待;款待;n.款待;乐事;乐趣; organization:n.组织;机构;体制;团体; provided:conj.假如; v.提供; (provide的过去分词和过去式)
|
We have child-friendly sessions every week in our nurseries about the trees found in our forest and how to take care of them. |
我们每周都会在托儿所 开展适合儿童的课程, 关于我们森林中的树木 以及如何照顾它们。 |
Through community radio, we reach out to many people. |
通过社区广播, 我们可以触及到很多人, |
We also develop economic opportunities. |
我们还开发了经济机会。 |
We have trained over 2,000 people in the Kilum-Ijim Forest area in bee farming. |
我们已经在基卢姆-伊吉姆森林地区五万多人提供了环境教育。 |
child-friendly:方便儿童使用的; sessions:n.会议;会期(session的复数); nurseries:n.托儿所(nursery的复数); economic:adj.经济的,经济上的;经济学的;
|
When we recruit bee farmers, that's a chance to rebalance opportunities. |
当我们招募养蜂户时, 这就是重新平衡机会的机会。 |
We give two beehives to women and one to men. |
我们给女人两个蜂箱,男人一个蜂箱, |
We also teach them about honey production, beeswax extraction , making honey wine and honey juice, and making detergents and lotions out of beeswax. |
我们还教他们有关蜂蜜的生产, 蜂蜡的提取,酿造蜂蜜酒和蜂蜜汁 以及用蜂蜡制作洗涤剂和乳液的知识。 |
recruit:n.新兵; v.吸收(新成员); (通过招募)组成; rebalance:vt.再平衡;调整;n.再平衡; beehives:n.蜂房(beehive的复数形式); beeswax:v.涂蜜蜡;n.蜂蜡; extraction:n.取出;抽出;拔出;抽出物;出身; detergents:n.[化工]洗涤剂(detergent的复数);清洁剂; lotions:n.洗液;洗剂(lotion的复数);v.用洗液于;涂洗剂于(lotion的三单形式);
|
When they tend their hives, the community keeps an eye out for bushfires. |
当他们照顾他们的蜂巢时, 社区就会密切留心丛林大火。 |
And the income from bee farming means they can plant more trees. |
而养蜂获得的收入意味着 他们可以种更多的树。 |
It's a powerful equation . |
这是一个强大的等式。 |
Honey equals income, equals jobs, equals gender equality, equals conservation. |
蜂蜜等于收入,等于工作, 等于性别平等,等于养护。 |
As of 2020, we have planted 86,000 trees to regenerate the Kilum-Ijim Forest. |
截至 2020 年, 我们已种植了六千棵树 以再生基卢姆-伊吉姆森林。 |
equation:n.方程式,等式;相等;[化学]反应式;
|
Nature remains our greatest ally to reach our climate mitigation targets. |
大自然仍然是实现我们 减缓气候变化目标的最大盟友。 |
Planting trees is essential , but we need to raise a forest generation that will thrive and live in harmony with nature. |
植树是必不可少的, 但我们需要 “养育一代森林人”, 他们将茁壮成长并与自然和谐相处。 |
Thank you. |
谢谢。 |
ally:n.盟友;同盟国;v.与…结盟 mitigation:n.减轻;缓和;平静; essential:n.要点;要素;实质;必需品;adj.完全必要的;必不可少的;极其重要的;本质的; thrive:v.繁荣;茁壮成长;蓬勃发展;兴旺发达; harmony:n.协调;和睦;融洽;调和;
|