返回首页

EmmettShear_2019-_串流转播在未来的娱乐中扮演什么角色?_-

I am obsessed with forming healthy communities , and that's why I started Twitch -- to help people watch other people play video games on the internet. 我很著迷於創造健康的社群, 這也是為什麼我創造了 Twitch —— 協助大家在網路上 看其他人玩電玩遊戲。
obsessed:v.使痴迷;使迷恋;使着迷;(obsess的过去式和过去分词) communities:n.社区;社会;团体;共有(community的复数) Twitch:n.抽搐;抽动;痉挛;阵痛;vi.抽搐;抽动;阵痛;vt.使抽动;攫取;猛拉;
(Laughter) (笑聲)
Thank you for coming to my TED talk. 謝謝各位來聽我的 TED 演說。
(Laughter) (笑聲)
So in seriousness , video games and communities truly are quite related. 說真的, 電玩遊戲和社群關係很密切。
seriousness:n.严重性;严肃;认真;
From our early human history, we made our entertainment together in small tribes. 從人類早期歷史開始, 我們就是以小部落的形式一起歡樂。
We shared stories around the campfire , we sang together, we danced together. 我們圍著營火分享故事, 我們一起唱歌,我們一起跳舞。
campfire:n.营火;营火会;
Our earliest entertainment was both shared and interactive . 我們最早期的娛樂 是共享的,也是互動的。
interactive:adj.合作的;相互影响的;互相配合的;交互式的;n.交互式视频设备;
It wasn't until pretty recently on the grand scale of human history that interactivity took a back seat and broadcast entertainment took over. 在整個漫長的人類歷史中, 一直要到最近期, 互動性才讓位到後座去, 由廣播娛樂接手。
recently:adv.最近;新近; scale:n.规模;比例;鳞;刻度;天平;数值范围;v.衡量;攀登;剥落;生水垢; interactivity:n.交互性;互动性; broadcast:v.广播; n.广播节目; adj.[无线]播音的;
Radio and records brought music into our vehicles , into our homes. 無線電台和唱片把音樂 帶到我們的車上、家中。
vehicles:n.车辆;飞行器;运行工具;(vehicles是vehicle的复数)
TV and VHS brought sports and drama into our living rooms. 電視和錄影帶把運動和戲劇 帶到我們的客廳裡。
drama:n.戏剧;戏剧艺术;戏剧文学;戏剧性事件;
This access to broadcast entertainment was unprecedented . 現在大家能輕易地取得廣播娛樂, 這是前所未見的情況。
unprecedented:adj.空前的;无前例的;
It gave people amazing content around the globe. 廣播娛樂能將很棒的內容 帶給全球各地的人。
content:n.内容,目录;满足;容量;adj.满意的;vt.使满足;
It created a shared culture for millions of people. 它為數百萬人創造出共同的文化。
And now, if you want to go watch or listen to Mozart, you don't have to buy an incredibly expensive ticket and find an orchestra . 現在,如果你想要看或聽莫札特, 你不用買非常貴的票, 也不用去找交響樂團。
incredibly:adv.难以置信地;非常地; orchestra:n.管弦乐队;乐队演奏处;
And if you like to sing -- 如果你想要唱歌——
(Sings) I can show you the world -- then you have something in common with people around the world. (唱歌)我能讓你看見全世界—— 你和全世界各地的人有些共同點。
have something in common with:与…有共同之处;
But with this amazing access, we allowed for a separation between creator and consumer , and the relationship between the two became much more one-way . 但,也因為取得容易, 把創作者與消費者的距離拉開了, 兩者之間的互動關係 變得越來越單向。
separation:n.分离;分开;分割;隔离; consumer:n.[经]消费者;[生,生态]消费者; one-way:adj.单程的;单行道的;单方面的;
We wound up in a world where we had a smaller class of professional creators and most of us became spectators , and as a result it became far easier for us to enjoy that content alone. 過去我們活在一個專業創作者 大多數人成為了觀眾, 如此一來,個人能 輕鬆享受這些內容。
wound:n.创伤,伤口;v.使受伤;受伤,伤害; professional:adj.专业的;职业的;职业性的;n.专业人员;职业运动员; spectators:n.观众;旁观者(spectator复数); as a result:结果;
There's a trend counteracting this: scarcity . 後來有一個相反的潮流產生:稀有性。
trend:n.趋势;动向;趋向;动态;v.走向;趋向; counteracting:vt.抵消;中和;阻碍; scarcity:n.不足;缺乏;
So, Vienna in the 1900s, was famous for its café culture. 1900 年代,維也納的 咖啡文化很有名。
And one of the big drivers of that café culture was expensive newspapers that were hard to get, and as a result, people would go to the café and read the shared copy there. 形成那種咖啡文化的重要成因之一 就是很難取得的昂貴報紙, 因此, 大家會去咖啡廳共享那裡的報紙。
And once they're in the cafe, they meet the other people also reading the same newspaper, they converse , they exchange ideas and they form a community . 當他們到了咖啡廳, 他們就會遇見其他 也在閱讀同一份報紙的人, 他們會交談,他們會交換想法, 他們會形成社群。
converse:adj.相反的,逆向的;颠倒的;vi.交谈,谈话;认识;n.逆行,逆向;倒;相反的事物; exchange:n.交换;交流;交易所;兑换;v.交换;交易;兑换; community:n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体;
In a similar way, 同樣的,
TV and cable used to be more expensive, and so you might not watch the game at home. 過去,電視機和有線電視比較昂貴, 所以你可能不會在家中看比賽。
cable:n.电缆; v.打电报; (用锚链,缆索等)系住;
Instead you'd go to the local bar and cheer along with your fellow sports fans there. 你會去當地的酒吧, 和其他迷運動的夥伴們一起舉杯。
But as the price of media continues to fall over time thanks to technology , this shared necessity that used to bring our communities together falls away. 但,因為科技進步, 媒體的價格隨時間一直下降, 過去形成我們社群的這種 共同必要性漸漸消失。
media:n.媒体;媒质(medium的复数);血管中层;浊塞音;中脉; technology:n.技术;工艺;术语;
We have so many amazing options for our entertainment, and yet it's easier than ever for us to wind up consuming those options alone. 我們有好多很棒的娛樂選擇, 現在也比以前更容易 獨自一人去消費這些選擇。
options:n.选择; v.得到或获准进行选择; (option的三单形式) consuming:adj.消费的;强烈的;v.消耗(consume的ing形式);
Our communities are bearing the consequences . 承受後果的就是我們的社群。
bearing:n.关系;影响;姿态;举止v.承受;忍受;承担责任;(bear的现在分词) consequences:n.后果,结果;影响(consequence的复数);
For example, the number of people who report having at least two close friends is at an all-time low . 比如,認為自己有至少 兩名親密好友的人數 達到史上最低。
all-time low:低谷;
I believe that one of the major contributing causes to this is that our entertainment today allows us to be separate. 我相信,這背後的主要成因之一 就是現今的娛樂容許我們分離。
contributing:v.捐献,捐赠(尤指款或物);捐助;增加;增进;(contribute的现在分词)
There is one trend reversing this atomization of our society: modern multiplayer video games. 有一個趨勢在反轉 這種社會的分化: 現今的多玩家型的電玩遊戲。
reversing:v.颠倒;彻底转变;使完全相反;(reverse的现在分词) atomization:n.雾化,[分化]原子化; multiplayer:n.多人游戏;多玩家;
Games are like a shared campfire. 遊戲就像是共享的營火。
They're both interactive and connecting. 遊戲既是互動性的也有連結性。
Now these campfires may have beautiful animations , heroic quests , occasionally too many loot boxes, but games today are very different than the solitary activity of 20 years ago. 這些營火可能有很漂亮的動畫、 英雄旅程、 偶爾有過多的戰利品箱, 但現今的遊戲 和二十年前的個人活動非常不同。
campfires:n.营火;营火会; animations:n.[电影]动画片(animation的复数); heroic:adj.英雄的;英勇的;记叙英雄及其事迹的;夸张的;n.史诗;英勇行为; quests:n.过关模式(游戏用语); v.探索; occasionally:adv.偶尔;有时候;偶然; loot:n.战利品;抢劫;掠夺品;v.抢劫,洗劫;强夺; different than:不同于; solitary:adj.孤独的;独居的;n.独居者;隐士;
They're deeply complex , they're more intellectually stimulating , and most of all, they're intrinsically social. 現今的遊戲很複雜, 在智力上更具有刺激性了, 最重要的,它們具有社交的本質。
complex:adj.复杂的;合成的;n.复合体;综合设施; intellectually:adv.智力上;理智地;知性上; stimulating:adj.激励人的; v.促进; (stimulate的现在分词) intrinsically:adv.本质地;内在地;固有地;
One of the recent breakout genres exemplifying this change is the battle royale . 最近一種爆紅的遊戲類型 就放大了這項變革, 那就是大逃殺類的遊戲。
breakout:n.爆发;突围;越狱;脱逃; genres:n.流派(genre的复数);体裁;种类; exemplifying:v.举例;例示(exemplify的ing形式); royale:n.蛋糕饰块(用作汤中饰菜);
100 people parachute onto an island in a last-man-standing competition . 一百個人被丟到一個島嶼上,
parachute:n.降落伞;vi.跳伞;空投; competition:n.竞争;比赛,竞赛;
Think of it as being kind of like "American Idol ," 可以把它想成是《美國偶像》,
Idol:n.偶像,崇拜物;幻象;谬论;
but with a lot more fighting and a lot less Simon Cowell. 只是有更多打鬥,更少的評審 (西蒙 · 高維爾)。
You may have heard of "Fortnite," 你可能聽過《要塞英雄》,它就是
which is a breakout example of the battle royale genre, which has been played by more than 250 million people around the world. 大逃殺遊戲的爆紅例子, 全世界玩過這個遊戲的玩家 有兩億五千萬人。
It's everyone from kids in your neighborhood to Drake and Ellen DeGeneres. 大家都在玩,從你街坊的孩子, 到德瑞克(歌手)和艾倫(主持人)。
neighborhood:n.附近;地区;街坊;adj.附近的; Drake:n.公鸭;蜉蝣类(等于drakefly);
2.3 billion people in the world play video games. 全世界有二十三億人玩電玩遊戲。
Early games like " Tetris " and "Mario" may have been simple puzzles or quests, but with the rise of arcades and then internet play, and now massively multiplayer games of huge, thriving online communities, 早期的《俄羅斯方塊》 和《超級瑪莉》 但隨著大型街機出現, 接著是網路遊戲, 現在則是不斷成長的大型線上社群 所玩的大規模多玩家遊戲,
Tetris:n.俄罗斯方块(一种早期的益智游戏); puzzles:智力游戏;谜题(puzzle的第三人称单数和复数) arcades:n.拱形游廊;拱形图饰(arcade的复数形式); massively:adv.大量地;沉重地;庄严地; thriving:v.兴旺发达;繁荣;旺盛;茁壮成长;(thrive的现在分词)
games have emerged as the one form of entertainment where consumption truly requires human connection. 電玩遊戲這種娛樂形式的消費, 已經演變成了真正 需要人類連結的消費。
emerged:v.(从隐蔽处或暗处)出现;暴露;露出真相;显现;(emerge的过去分词和过去式) consumption:n.消费;消耗;肺痨;
So this brings us to streaming. 這就帶到了串流。
Why do people stream themselves playing video games? 為什麼大家會用串流轉播 自己玩電玩遊戲的過程?
And why do hundreds of millions of people around the world congregate to watch them? 為什麼全世界有數億人 會集合起來看這些串流?
congregate:vt.聚集;vi.聚集;adj.集合在一起的;
I want you all the imagine for second -- imagine you land on an alien planet, and on this planet, there's a giant green rectangle . 我想請大家想像一下—— 想像你降落在一個外星球上, 在這個星球上, 有一塊巨大的綠色矩形。
giant:n.巨人;伟人;巨兽;adj.巨大的;特大的 rectangle:n.矩形;长方形;
And in this green rectangle, aliens in matching outfits are trying to push a checkered sphere between two posts using only their feet. 在這塊綠色矩形中, 穿著一致服裝的外星人 只能用腳試圖將一顆方格球體 推到兩根柱子之間。
outfits:n.全套装备; v.装备; checkered:n.检查器; v.划格; (checker的过去分词) sphere:n.球;领域;球体;球形;v.使成球形;包围;把…放在球内;使处于天体之间;
It's pretty evenly matched, so the ball is just going back and forth , but there's hundreds of millions of people watching from home anyway, and cheering and getting excited and engaged right along with them. 他們勢均力敵, 所以球只是來來回回, 但還是有數億人從家中在觀看, 他們會和這些球員一起 歡呼、興奮、投入。
evenly:adv.均匀地;平衡地;平坦地;平等地; back and forth:前后移动的,来回的,反复的; engaged:adj.已订婚的; v.吸引住; (engage的过去分词和过去式)
Now I grew up watching sports with my dad, so I get why soccer is entertaining and engaging . 我成長過程都在 和我父親一起看球賽, 我能了解為什麼足球 很有娛樂性和吸引力。
engaging:adj.有趣的; v.吸引住(注意力、兴趣); (engage的现在分词)
But if you don't watch sports, maybe you like watching "Dancing with the Stars" 但如果你不看運動比賽, 也許你喜歡看《與星共舞》
or you enjoy "Top Chef." 或喜歡《頂尖主廚大對決》。
Regardless , the principle is the same. 不論如何,原則都是一樣的。
Regardless:adj.不管的; v.不顾后果地; principle:n.原理,原则;主义,道义;本质,本义;根源,源泉;
If there is an activity that you really enjoy, you're probably going to like watching other people do it with skill and panache . 如果有一項你真的很喜歡的活動, 你可能也會喜歡看其他有技能 又做得不錯的人所做的影片。
panache:n.羽饰;灿烂;耍派头;
It might be perplexing to an alien, but bonding over shared passion is a human universal . 對外星人來說可能會覺得很困惑, 但聚在一起分享熱情, 是人類的普遍現象。
perplexing:adj.令人不解的;v.迷惑;使困惑;(perplex的现在分词) passion:n.激情;热情;酷爱;盛怒; universal:adj.普遍的;全体的;全世界的;共同的;
So gamers grew up expecting this live, interactive entertainment, and passive consumption just doesn't feel as fulfilling . 所以,玩家長大後就一直期待 被動式的消費已無法滿足他們。
gamers:n.游戏玩家; passive:adj.被动的,消极的;被动语态的;n.被动语态; fulfilling:adj.让人感觉有意义的; v.实现; (fulfill的现在分词)
That's why livestreaming has taken off with video games. 這也是為什麼串流直播 和電玩遊戲會一同起飛。
livestreaming:实况转播;
Because livestreaming offers that same kind of interactive feeling. 因為串流直播提供了 同樣的互動感。
So when you imagine what's happening on Twitch, 當各位在想像 Twitch 上的狀況時,
I don't want you to think of a million livestreams of video games. 我希望各位不要想像
livestreams:现场直播活动;直播流;
Instead, what I want you to picture is millions of campfires. 我希望各位想像的是
Some of them are bonfires -- huge, roaring bonfires with hundreds of thousands of people around them. 有些還是篝火—— 大型的熊熊篝火, 有幾十萬人圍在旁邊。
bonfires:n.篝火;营火(bonfire的复数); roaring:adj.咆哮的; n.咆哮; v.咆哮; (roar的现在分词)
Some of them are smaller, more intimate community gatherings where everyone knows your name. 有些則比較小, 更像是親密的社群聚會, 大家都知道彼此的名字。
intimate:n.知己; v.暗示; adj.亲密的; gatherings:n.聚会;集会;收集;采集;(gathering的复数)
Let's try taking a seat by one of those campfires right now. 咱們現在就來試試在其中 一個營火旁邊找位置坐下。
Hey Cohh, how's it going? 嘿,柯爾,你好嗎?
Cohh: Hey, how's it going, Emmett? 柯:嘿,你好嗎,艾米特?
ES: So I'm here at TED with about 1,000 of my closest friends, and we thought we'd come and join you guys for a little stream. 艾:我在 TED,旁邊有 大約一千個好朋友, 我們想要加入你們,看看串流。
Cohh: Awesome ! It's great to hear from you guys. 柯:好極了!很高興見到大家。
Awesome:adj.令人敬畏的;使人畏惧的;可怕的;极好的;
ES: So Cohh, can you share with the TED audience here -- what have you learned about your community on Twitch? 艾:所以,柯爾,你能不能 和 TED 觀眾分享一下—— 對於你的 Twitch 社群, 你有什麼想法?
Cohh: Ah, man, where to begin? 柯爾:啊,要從何說起?
I've been doing this for over five years now, and if there's one thing that doesn't cease to impress me on the daily, it's just kind of how incredible this whole thing is for communication. 我在這裡已經超過五年了, 有一樣東西,每天都 仍然會讓我感到驚奇, 那就是這個平台 在溝通方面有多不可思議。
cease:v.(正式)停止;结束;中断;平息;n.(正式)不停地;不间断地;连续地; impress:v.盖印;强征;传送;给予某人深刻印象; incredible:adj.难以置信的,惊人的;
I've been playing games for 20 years of my life, 我一生中玩電玩遊戲的 時間已有二十年,
I've led online MMO guilds for over 10, and it's the kind of thing where there's very few places in life where you can go to meet so many people with similar interests. 領導大型多人線上遊戲 團體超過十年, 在人生中,很少有這樣的地方, 可以遇到這麼多有共同興趣的人。
guilds:n.公会(guild的复数);
I was listening in a bit earlier; 我剛有聽一下演說,
I love the campfire analogy , I actually use a similar one. 我喜歡 營火的比喻,我的比喻也類似。
analogy:n.类比;类推;类似;
I see it all as a bunch of people on a big couch but only one person has the controller. 我把它視為一群人坐在一張大型 沙發上,但只有一個人有遙控器。
a bunch of:一群;一束;一堆; couch:n.睡椅,长沙发;床;卧榻;v.蹲伏,埋伏;躺着;
So it's kind of like a "Pass the snack !" situation, you know? 有點像是「把零食傳過來!」的情況,
snack:n.点心;小吃;快餐;易办到的事;v.吃点心(或快餐、小吃);
700 people that way -- but it's great and really it's just -- 七百個人那樣子—— 但很棒,那就是——
ES: So Cohh, what is going on in chat right now? 艾:所以,柯爾,現在 聊天室那邊的狀況如何?
Can you explain that a little bit to us? 能跟大家稍微解釋嗎?
Because my eyesight isn't that good but I see a lot of emotes . 我的眼力不夠好, 但我看到很多表情符號。
eyesight:n.视力;目力; emotes:v.[美口]表现感情(尤指演戏或像在演戏);(emotes是emote的第三人称单数)
Cohh: So this is my community; this is the Cohhilition. 柯:這是我的社群; 叫做 Cohhilition。
I stream every single day. 我每天都做串流播放。我其實 剛完成了連續兩千天的挑戰,
I actually just wrapped up a 2,000-day challenge, and as such, we have developed a pretty incredible community here in the channel. 我們在這個頻道發展出了 一個很了不起的社群。 現在約有六千兩百人與我們同在。
wrapped:adj.极高兴的;十分满意的;v.用…包裹;用…缠绕;(wrap的过去分词和过去式)
Right now we have about 6200 people with us. 現在約有六千兩百人與我們同在。
What you're seeing is a spam of "Hello, TED" good-vibe emotes, love emotes, "this is awesome," 各位看見的是大家 在狂發「哈囉,TED」、 愛心符號、 「這好讚」、
spam:n.垃圾邮件;罐头猪肉;
'"Hi, guys," "Hi, everyone." 「嗨,各位」、 「嗨,大家好」。
Basically just a huge collection of people -- huge collection of gamers that are all just experiencing a positive event together. 基本上就是一大票人—— 一大票玩家, 都在一起經歷一個很正面的活動。
Basically:adv.主要地,基本上; positive:adj.积极的;[数]正的,[医][化学]阳性的;确定的;n.正数;[摄]正片;
ES: So is there anything that -- can we poll chat? 艾:所以有沒有—— 我們能在聊天中做調查嗎?
poll:n.投票; v.获得(票数); adj.当事人一方作成的;
I want ask chat a question. 我想在聊天中問問題。
Is there anything that chat would like the world, and particularly these people here with me at TED right now, to know about what they get out of playing video games and being part of this community? 聊天中的人願不願意告訴世界, 特別是現在在 TED 的這些人, 談談他們玩電玩遊戲 以及成為社群的一部分 能讓他們得到什麼?
particularly:adv.特别地,独特地;详细地,具体地;明确地,细致地;
Cohh: Oh, wow. 柯:喔,哇。
I am already starting to see a lot of answers here. 我已經看到一大堆答案了。
'"I like the good vibes ." 「我喜歡正面情緒。」
vibes:n.共鸣;电颤琴;气氛(vibe的复数);v.发生共鸣(vibe的三单形式);
'"Best communities are on Twitch." 「最好的社群都在 Twitch 上。」
(Laughter) (笑聲)
'"They get us through the rough patches in life." 「能協助我們度過 人生的辛苦時刻。」
patches:n.斑点;小块;补丁;眼罩;v.打补丁;缝补;修补;(patch的第三人称单数和复数)
Oh, that's a message I definitely see a lot on Twitch, which is very good. 喔,我在 Twitch 常常看到這種訊息, 這是好事。
definitely:adv.清楚地,当然;明确地,肯定地;
'"A very positive community," 「一個非常正面的社群。」 「很多正能量。」
'"a lot of positivity ,"
positivity:n.积极性,确实;
which is pretty great. 這也很好。
ES: So Cohh, before I get back to my TED talk, which I actually should probably get back to doing at some point -- 艾:所以,柯爾,在我 回到我的 TED 演說之前, 我也差不多該回去了——
(Laughter) (笑聲)還有什麼 你想要和我分享的嗎?
Do you have anything else that you want to share with me or any question you wanted to ask, you've always wanted to get out there before an audience? 或者有沒有什麼 你一直想要問一群觀眾的問題?
Cohh: Honestly, not too much. 柯:老實說,沒什麼。
I mean, I absolutely love what you're doing right now. 我真的很喜歡你現在在做的事。
absolutely:adv.绝对地;完全地;
I think that the interactive streaming is the big unexplored frontier of the future in entertainment, and thank you for doing everything you're doing up there. 我認為互動式串流 是未來娛樂界中一個 尚未探索的重要邊境, 謝謝你在那裡所做的一切。
unexplored:adj.[地质]未勘查过的;
The more people that hear about what you do, the better --for everyone on here. 越多人能聽到你所做的這些, 對這上面的人就越好。
ES: Awesome, Cohh. Thanks so much. 艾:好極了,柯爾。非常謝謝。
I'm going to get back to giving this talk now, but we should catch up later. 我要繼續回到演說了,之後再聊。 柯:沒問題!
Cohh: Sounds great! (掌聲)
(Applause) (掌聲)
ES: So that was a new way to interact. 艾:所以,這是互動的新方式。
We could influence what happened on the stream, we could cocreate the experience along with him, and we really had a multiplayer experience with chat and with Cohh. 我們能夠影響 在串流中所發生的事, 我們能夠和他人 一起共同創造體驗, 我們也和聊天室的人及柯爾 有了多玩家的體驗。
influence:n.影响;势力;感化;有影响的人或事;v.影响;改变; cocreate:德商创科软件;
At Twitch, we've started calling this, as a result, "multiplayer entertainment." 因此,在 Twitch, 我們開始將之稱為 「多玩家娛樂」。
Because going from watching a video alone to watching a live interactive stream is similar to the difference between going from playing a single-player game to playing a multiplayer game. 因為,從獨自觀看影片, 這差別,就像是 變成玩多玩家遊戲。
Gamers are often as the forefront of exploration in new technology. 遊戲玩家通常都是在 探索新科技的最前線。
forefront:n.最前线,最前部;活动的中心; exploration:n.探索;勘探;探险;[医]探查术;
Microcomputers , for example, were used early on for video games, and the very first handheld , digital mass-market devices weren't cell phones, they were Gameboys ... for video games. 比如,微電腦早期 是用在電玩遊戲上的, 且最早的手持數位大眾市場裝置並不是手機, 而是 Gameboy 遊戲機。
Microcomputers:n.[计]微型计算机;微电脑(microcomputer的复数); handheld:adj.掌上型;手持型; digital:adj.数字的;手指的;n.数字;键; mass-market:adj.销售量大的;畅销的; devices:n.[机][计]设备;[机]装置;[电子]器件(device的复数);
And as a result, one way that you can get a hint of what the future might hold is to look to this fun, interactive sandbox of video games and ask yourself, "what are these gamers doing today?" 因此, 若你想知道未來是怎樣的, 其中一個方式就是 研究這些有趣的、互動的、 測試版的電玩遊戲, 並問問你自己:「現今 這些遊戲玩家在做什麼?」
hint:n.提示;暗示;迹象;窍门;v.暗示;透露;示意; sandbox:n.沙箱;沙盒;
And that might give you a hint as to what the future is going to hold for all of us. 那可能能給你一點線索, 了解我們大家的未來會是怎樣的。
One of the things we're already seeing on Twitch is multiplayer entertainment coming to sports. 在 Twitch 我們已經 看到的其中一個現象 就是多玩家娛樂進入了運動領域。
So, Twitch and the NFL teamed up to offer livestreaming football, but instead of network announcers in suits streaming the game, we got Twitch users to come in and stream it themselves on their own channel and interact with their community and make it a real multiplayer experience. 所以,Twitch 和全國橄欖球 聯盟合作,提供足球串流直播, 但不是用穿西裝的網路播報員 用串流直播比賽, 我們是讓 Twitch 使用者來做, 讓他們用自己的頻道 來進行串流直播, 和他們的社群互動, 讓它成為真正的多玩家體驗。
announcers:n.[广播]广播员;宣告者;
So I actually think that if you look out into the future -- only hundreds of people today get to be sports announcers. 所以,我真的認為, 現今只有幾百個人 可以當運動播報員。
It's a tiny, tiny number of people who have that opportunity. 有那種機會的人數非常非常少。
But sports are about to go multiplayer, and that means that anyone who wants to around the world is going to get the opportunity to become a sports announcer, to give it a shot. 但,運動就要向多玩家邁進了, 也就是說,全世界的 任何人,只要想要, 就可以有機會 可以去試著做看看。
are about to:眼看就要;即将;正要;行将;
And I think that's going to unlock incredible amounts of new talent for all of us. 我認為這將為我們所有人 釋出不可思議的新人才。
And we're not going to be asking, "Did you catch the game?" 我們將來也不會問: 「你有看到比賽嗎?」
Instead, we're going to be asking, "Whose channel did you catch the game on?" 我們會改問: 「你是在誰的頻道上看比賽?」
We already see this happening with cooking, with singing -- we even see people streaming welding . 我們已經在烹飪類和唱歌領域類 看到這個現象了—— 我們甚至看過有人用串流轉播焊接。
welding:adj.焊接的;n.焊接;v.焊接;锻接(weld的ing形式);
And all of this stuff is going to happen around the metaphorical campfire. 所有這一切,未來都將會像 營火的比喻一樣逐漸發生。
stuff:n.东西:物品:基本特征:v.填满:装满:标本: metaphorical:adj.比喻性的,隐喻性的;
There's going to be millions of these campfires lit over the next few years. 在接下來的幾年, 會有數百萬個營火被點燃。
And on every topic, you're going to be able to find a campfire that will allow you to bond with your people around the world. 針對任何主題, 你都可以找到相關的營火, 讓你能夠和全世界的夥伴連結。
For most of human history, entertainment was simply multiplayer. 在人類歷史中有極長的時間, 娛樂就是多玩家的。
We sang together in person, we shared news together in the town square in person, and somewhere along the way, that two-way conversation turned into a one-way transmission . 我們一起唱歌、 一起在小鎮廣場上分享新聞, 在過程中的某個時點, 我們從雙向的對話 轉變成了單向的傳輸。
two-way:adj.双向的;相互的;两路的; transmission:n.传输;传染;播送;发射;广播;传动装置;
As someone who cares about communities, 身為在乎社群的人,
I am excited for a world where our entertainment could connect us instead of isolating us. 我很興奮,希望在將來的世界中, 娛樂能夠將我們連結起來, 而不是孤立我們。
isolating:adj.孤立的;绝缘的;v.使隔离;使绝缘(isolate的ing形式);
A world where we can bond with each other over our shared interests and create real, strong communities. 這個世界能夠用我們共同的興趣 將我們連結在一起, 創造出真正的、穩固的社群。
Games, streams and the interactions they encourage, are only just beginning to turn the wheel back to our interactive, community-rich, multiplayer past. 遊戲、串流、互動,所帶來的激勵, 都只是開端, 才剛開始將轉輪反轉, 轉向過去那種互動式、 充滿社群的多玩家娛樂。
interactions:n.[计]交互,相互作用;相互交流;干扰;(interaction复数) wheel:车轮,转动
Thank you all for sharing this experience here with me, and may you all find your best campfire. 謝謝各位和我共享這段經歷, 祝大家都能找到自己最棒的營火。
(Applause) (掌聲)