|
|
EduardoPaes_2012-_城市规划建设的4大准则_
|
It's a great honor to be here. |
很荣幸能来到这里。 |
It's a great honor to be here talking about cities, talking about the future of cities. |
很荣幸能来这里聊一聊城市, 聊一聊城市的未来。 |
It's great to be here as a mayor . |
很荣幸能以市长的身份来到这里。 |
mayor:n.市长;镇长;
|
I really do believe that mayors have the political position to really change people's lives. |
我坚信市长们因为其政治地位 完全可以改变人们的生活水平。 |
mayors:市长;
|
That's the place to be. |
这就是他们的职责所在。 |
And it's great to be here as the mayor of Rio. |
很高兴能以里约热内卢市长的身份来到这里。 |
Rio's a beautiful city, a vibrant place, special place. |
里约是一个非常漂亮的城市, 一个朝气蓬勃、富有个性的地方。 |
vibrant:adj.振动的;充满生气的;响亮的;战栗的;
|
Actually, you're looking at a guy who has the best job in the world. |
事实上,你们今天正看着一个 担任这世界上最好工作的人在演讲。 |
And I really wanted to share with you a very special moment of my life and the history of the city of Rio. |
我非常乐意与大家一同分享 一段我人生中具有特殊意义的经历, 以及里约热内卢这座城市的历史文化。 |
(Video) Announcer : And now, ladies and gentlemen, the envelope containing the result. |
(视频)发言人:女士们,先生们, 激动人心的时刻到了,这个信封将揭晓结果。 |
Announcer:n.[广播]广播员;宣告者; envelope:n.信封,封皮;包膜;[天]包层;包迹;
|
Jacques Rogge: I have the honor to announce that the games of the 31st Olympiad are awarded to the city of Rio de Janeiro. |
雅克·罗格:我很荣幸在这里宣布 第31届奥林匹克运动会主办权将授予 里约热内卢! |
Olympiad:n.奥林匹克运动会;四年周期;
|
(Cheering) |
(鼓掌欢呼) |
EP: Okay, that's very touching, very emotional , but it was not easy to get there. |
市长爱德华多?派希:这真是一个激动人心的感人时刻, 但是申办的过程非常不易。 |
emotional:adj.情绪的;易激动的;感动人的;
|
Actually it was a very hard challenge. |
事实上,对我们来说,那是一个艰难的挑战。 |
We had to beat the European monarchy . |
我们必须打败欧洲君主-- |
monarchy:n.君主政体;君主国;君主政治;
|
This is Juan Carlos, king of Spain. |
西班牙国王胡安·卡洛斯一世(申办城市马德里)。 |
We had to beat the powerful Japanese with all of their technology. |
我们必须打败拥有各种高科技的日本(申办城市东京)。 |
We had to beat the most powerful man in the world defending his own city. |
我们还必须打败这世界上最强劲的对手(申办城市芝加哥)。 他们都在为自己的城市战斗。 |
So it was not easy at all. |
所以真的是困难重重。 |
And actually this last guy here said a phrase a few years ago that I think fits perfectly to the situation of Rio winning the Olympic bid. |
而事实上, 这最后一个人(奥巴马)在几年前说过一句话, 我觉得用在里约热内卢申办奥运这件事上 非常贴切 |
We really showed that, yes, we can. |
因为我们充分展示了这句话的含义:是的,我们可以。 |
And really, this is the reason I came here tonight. |
事实上,这就是我今晚来这里的原因。 |
I came here tonight to tell you that things can be done, that you don't have always to be rich or powerful to get things on the way, that cities are a great challenge. |
我今天来到这里就是为了告诉你们, 你完全可以实现目标, 你未必要非常富有或者强大 才能把事情做好。 建设城市是一项艰巨的任务, |
It's a difficult task to deal with cities. |
与城市打交道是困难重重, |
But with some original ways of getting things done, with some basic commandments , you can really get cities to be a great, great place to live. |
但是凭借很多有创新性的方法 我们能够把事情做好。 或者凭借基本的一些城市规划法则, 你可以把这些城市 变成适宜人类居住的舒适场所。 |
original:n.原件;原作;原物;原型;adj.原始的;最初的;独创的;新颖的; commandments:n.诫命(commandment的复数);戒律;
|
I want you all to imagine Rio. |
我希望你们都能想像一下里约热内卢。 |
You probably think about a city full of energy, a vibrant city full of green. |
你或许会想到一座充满生机活力的城市 或者一个充满绿色的朝气蓬勃的城市。 |
And nobody showed that better than Carlos Saldanha in last year's "Rio." |
没有人能超越导演卡洛斯·沙尔丹哈在去年影片《里约大冒险》中 对里约热内卢的完美刻画。 |
(Music) |
(音乐响起) |
(Video) Bird: This is incredible . |
(影片片断)蓝鸟:这简直不可思议! |
incredible:adj.难以置信的,惊人的;
|
(Music) |
(音乐) |
EP: Okay, some parts of Rio are pretty much like that, but it's not like that everywhere. |
市长爱德华多?派希:里约的有些地方确实如影片所描绘的一般, 但是却也不是处处如此。 |
We're like every big city in the world. |
我们和世界上的每一个大城市一样, |
We've got lots of people, pollution, cars, concrete , lots of concrete. |
有很多人口、 环境污染、车辆、钢筋混凝土的高楼大厦,很多很多。 |
concrete:n.混凝土;adj.混凝土制的;确实的,具体的;vt.用混凝土覆盖
|
These pictures I'm showing here, they are some pictures from Madureira. |
我今天所展示给你们的照片 有些是来自于马度雷拉。 |
It's like the heart of the suburb in Rio. |
它是里约郊区的核心。 |
suburb:n.郊区;城外;
|
And I want to use an example of Rio that we're doing in Madureira, in this region , to see what we should think as our first commandment. |
我想用里约热内卢的这个例子, 就是我们对马度雷拉这个地区的开发, 来阐述我们是如何构思第一个准则的。 |
region:n.地区;范围;部位;
|
So every time you see a concrete jungle like that, what you've got to do is find open spaces. |
每当你看到这样一个城市混凝土森林, 你要做的就是找到一个开放的空地。 |
concrete jungle:n.混凝土丛林(指高楼林立、无树木无公园因而单调沉闷的现代化城市或地区);
|
If you don't have open spaces, you've got to go there and open spaces. |
如果没有这样一块可用空间, 你就必须在城市中开发出一些。 |
So go inside these open spaces and make it that people can get inside and use those spaces. |
所以走到这些开放空间去, 并确保市民也能进入 并且利用这些空间。 |
This is going to be the third largest park in Rio by June this year. |
这里就将成为里约第三大公园, 在今年6月前。 |
It's going to be a place where people can meet, where you can put nature. |
这里将成为人们沟通交流的好地方, 也是接近自然的地方。 |
The temperature's going to drop two, three degrees centigrade . |
这里将使附近的气温平均下降2-3度。 |
centigrade:adj.摄氏的;[仪]摄氏温度的;百分度的;
|
So the first commandment |
所以第一条我建议的城市规划准则, |
I want to leave you tonight is, a city of the future has to be environmentally friendly . |
也是我今晚想带给你们的就是, 一个未来的城市 必须是一个环保的城市。 |
environmentally friendly:adj.对环境无害的;保护生态环境的;
|
Every time you think of a city, you've got to think green. |
每次只要你想到这个城市, 你就会想到绿色。 |
You've got to think green and green. |
你会想到一处又一处的绿色。 |
So moving to our second commandment that I wanted to show you. |
接下来我们来看看第二条准则。 |
Let's think that cities are made of people, lots of people together. |
让我们想一想,城市是由众多人口组成的, 成千上万的人口, |
cities are packed with people. |
城市里往往挤满了人。 |
So how do you move these people around? |
那么如何解决这些人的出行问题呢? |
When you have 3.5 billion people living in cities -- by 2050, it's going to be 6 billion people. |
尤其是当你有35亿人口居住在这些城市-- 到2050年,将有60亿人口。 |
So every time you think about moving these people around, you think about high-capacity transportation . |
因此每次当你想到这些人口流动量, 你就会想到高容量的交通设施。 |
high-capacity:n.高容量;高功率; transportation:n.运输;运输系统;运输工具;流放;
|
But there is a problem. |
但是这里存在一个很现实的问题, |
High-capacity transportation means spending lots and lots of money. |
就是高容量交通运输意味着 花费大笔大笔的资金。 |
So what I'm going to show here is something that was already presented in TED by the former mayor of Curitiba who created that, a city in Brazil , Jaime Lerner. |
所以今天我要在这里展示给大家的 是已经在TED大会上 由库里提巴市(巴西)前任市长杰米·勒纳 所展示过的创新理念。 |
Brazil:n.巴西(拉丁美洲国家);
|
And it's something that we're doing, again, lots in Rio. |
我们也正在里约再次做这样同样的事情。 |
It's the BRT, the Bus Rapid Transit . |
这就是BRT系统,全称“公交车捷运系统”。 |
Rapid Transit:n.(城市)快速交通系统;(尤指)地铁;
|
So you get a bus. It's a simple bus that everybody knows. |
你只需要一辆公交车,就是大众广泛所知的那种。 |
You transform it inside as a train car. |
你把它的内部改成类似铁路的构造, |
transform:v.使改变;使改观;使转换;n.[数]变换式;[化]反式;
|
You use separate lanes , dedicated lanes. |
并且开设单独的车道,或者专用车道。 |
lanes:n.线路,跑道(lane复数形式); dedicated:adj.献身的; v.把…奉献给; (dedicate的过去分词和过去式)
|
The contractors , they don't like that. |
对于承包商, 他们并不喜欢这个做法。 |
contractors:n.[经]承包商;[法]立约人;合约商(contractor的复数);
|
You don't have to dig deep down underground. |
你不必在地下挖很深的隧道, |
You can build nice stations. |
而只需要建造一些漂亮的公交车站。 |
This is actually a station that we're doing in Rio. |
这个就是我们现在在里约建造的车站。 |
Again, you don't have to dig deep down underground to make a station like that. |
再强调一下,你不必在地下挖轨道 来造这样一个车站。 |
This station has the same comfort, the same features as a subway station. |
但是这些车站与地铁一样舒适, 具有一样的特点。 |
A kilometer of this costs a tenth of a subway. |
但是一千米长的公交系统造价只是地铁的十分之一。 |
So spending much less money and doing it much faster, you can really change the way people move. |
所以花更少的钱但是却很便捷。 你可以真正改变人们的出行方式。 |
This is a map of Rio. |
这个是里约的城市地图。 |
All the lines, the colored lines you see there, it's our high-capacity transportation network. |
所有的线路,你可以看到彩色的线条, 都是我们的高容量公交系统网络。 |
In this present time today, we only carry 18 percent of our population in high-capacity transportation. |
如今, 我们只运载了 全国18%的人口。 |
With the BRTs we're doing, again, the cheapest and fastest way, we're going to move to 63 percent of the population being carried by high-capacity transportation. |
凭借这个BRT系统, 这种既廉价又迅速的方法, 我们未来的目标是用这个高容量公交系统 运输63%的人口。 |
So remember what I said: |
所以请记住我刚刚说过的话, |
You don't always have to be rich or powerful to get things done. |
为了做好一件事 不一定要很有钱或者很有权力。 |
You can find original ways to get things done. |
你可以找到创新性的方法来把事情做好。 |
So the second commandment I want to leave you tonight is, a city of the future has to deal with mobility and integration of its people. |
因此我今晚想带给你们的第二个准则就是, 未来的城市 必须要妥善解决交通的便利性, 以及城市居民生活的一体化。 |
mobility:n.移动性;机动性;[电子]迁移率; integration:n.集成;综合;
|
Moving to the third commandment. |
下面我们来看一看第三条准则, |
And this is the most controversial one. |
也是最具争议的一条。 |
controversial:adj.有争议的;有争论的;
|
It has to do with the favelas , the slums -- whatever you call it, there are different names all over the world. |
这与巴西特色的贫民区,或者叫贫民窟,有关。 全世界有不同的表达方式,但都指同一个地区。 |
favelas:n.(巴西)贫民窟(favela的复数); slums:n.贫民,[经]贫民区(slum的复数); v.到贫民窟去;
|
But the point we want to make here tonight is, favelas are not always a problem. |
但是今天我们晚上要讨论的是, 贫民窟并不永远是一个疑难杂症。 |
I mean, favelas can sometimes really be a solution , if you deal with them, if you put public policy inside the favelas. |
我的意思是说,贫民窟有时候 也可以成为一种解决问题的方法, 如果你认真处理这个问题, 如果你把国家政策贯彻到贫民窟中。 |
solution:n.解决方案;溶液;溶解;解答; policy:n.政策,方针;保险单;
|
Let me just show a map of Rio again. |
让我再次展示一下里约热内卢的地图。 |
Rio has 6.3 million inhabitants -- |
里约现在大约有630万居民, |
inhabitants:n.居民(inhabitant的复数);
|
More than 20 percent, 1.4 million, live in the favelas. |
大约有超过20%,140万居住在贫民窟。 |
All these red parts are favelas. |
所有这些红色区域就是贫民窟。 |
So you see, they are spread all over the city. |
你可以看到他们散布在城市的各个角落。 |
This is a typical view of a favela in Rio. |
这是里约最典型的贫民窟。 |
typical:adj.典型的;特有的;象征性的;
|
You see the contrast between the rich and poor. |
你可以明显看到贫富差距的存在。 |
contrast:n.对比;对照;反差;明显的差异;v.对比;对照;形成对比;
|
So I want to make two points here tonight about favelas. |
因此,今晚我想就贫民窟问题提谈两点想法。 |
The first one is, you can change from what I call a [vicious] circle to a virtual circle. |
第一个是 你可以将这个“恶性循环”的现状 转变为良性循环。 |
virtual:adj.[计]虚拟的;实质上的,事实上的(但未在名义上或正式获承认);
|
But what you've got to do to get that is you've got to go inside the favelas, bring in the basic services -- mainly education and health -- with high quality. |
但是要达到这样的效果, 你必须真正深入贫民窟, 为他们带去基础生活设施建设, 主要是教育和医疗, 并且必须是高质量的。 |
mainly:adv.大多;大部分;主要地;首要地;
|
I'm going to give a fast example here. |
我给大家举一个小例子。 |
This was an old building in a favela in Rio -- |
这个是里约一栋古老的贫民窟楼房-- |
[unclear favela name] -- that we just transformed into a primary school , with high quality. |
[贫民窟名字] 我们刚刚把它改建成一所小学, 一座高质量的学堂。 |
transformed:v.使改变形态;使改变外观(或性质);(transform的过去分词和过去式) primary school:小学;
|
This is primary assistance in health that we built inside a favela, again, with high quality. |
这是我们为贫民窟提供的 主要医疗健康设施, 同样,它们是高质量保障的。 |
We call it a family clinic . |
我们称之为家庭诊所。 |
clinic:n.诊所;临床实习;(医院的)门诊部;门诊时间;
|
So the first point is bring basic services inside the favelas with high quality. |
所以,第一要点就是把基础服务设施 带到贫民窟去, 并保障它们的质量。 |
The second point I want to make about the favelas is, you've got to open spaces in the favela. |
第二个要点是 拓大贫民窟里的空间。 |
Bring infrastructure to the favelas, to the slums, wherever you are. |
把基础设施 投入到贫民窟中去,投入它的每一个角落。 |
infrastructure:n.基础设施;公共建设;下部构造;
|
Rio has the aim, by 2020, to have all its favelas completely urbanized . |
到2020年,里约将实现目标, 把所有贫民窟完全城市化。 |
urbanized:adj.城市化的;v.使城市化(urbanize的过去式);
|
Another example, this was completely packed with houses, and then we built this, what we call, a knowledge square. |
另外一个例子:这些地方到处都是平房; 然后我们建造了这个,我们把它称为知识广场。 |
This is a place with high technology where the kids that live in a poor house next to this place can go inside and have access to all technology. |
这里有很多的高科技设施, 住在这个广场旁边贫民窟的孩子们 可以进入这里,接触到高科技设备。 |
high technology:n.高科技;
|
We even built a theater there -- 3D movie. |
我们甚至在那里建造了一个剧院,可以播放3D电影。 |
And this is the kind of change you can get for that. |
这种改变是你可以实现的。 |
And by the end of the day you get something better than a TED Prize, which is this great laugh from a kid that lives in the favela. |
而这一天结束后,你可以得到比TED奖品更好的东西, 那就是贫民窟孩子们 爽朗的笑声。 |
So the third commandment I want to leave here tonight is, a city of the future has to be socially integrated . |
那么今天我想给大家的第三个准则就是, 一个未来的城市 必须将它的各项社会服务职能统一起来。 |
integrated:adj.综合的; v.整合; (integrate的过去式和过去分词)
|
You cannot deal with a city if it's not socially integrated. |
你不可能治理得好一个城市, 如果你不能调和社会各个方面的矛盾。 |
But moving to our fourth commandment, |
讨论到今天晚上第四个准则, |
I really wouldn't be here tonight. |
我今天本不应该在这里。 |
Between November and May, Rio's completely packed. |
在11月到5月之间,里约到处都挤满了人。 |
We just had last week Carnivale. |
我们上周刚刚庆祝完狂欢节。 |
It was great. It was lots of fun. |
非常棒,非常有趣。 |
We have New Year's Eve. |
我们度过了新年夜狂欢。 |
There's like two million people on Copacabana Beach. |
当天大约有200万人聚集在科帕卡巴纳海滩。 |
We have problems. |
我们也确实有很多问题。 |
We fight floods, tropical rains at this time of the year. |
我们每年这个时候都与洪水或者热带暴雨做斗争。 |
tropical:adj.热带的;热情的;酷热的;
|
You can imagine how people get happy with me watching these kinds of scenes. |
你可以想像,如果人们知道我时刻关注着这些事件, 他们会多么高兴。 |
We have problems with the tropical rains. |
我们一直都有热带风暴问题。 |
Almost every year we have these landslides , which are terrible. |
几乎每年, 我们都面临滑坡的危险,非常恐怖。 |
landslides:n.[地质]滑坡; v.在竞选中以压倒优胜获胜;
|
But the reason I could come here is because of that. |
但今天我能够来到这里来的原因 就是它, |
This was something we did with IBM that's a little bit more than a year old. |
就是我们与IBM合作的项目。 我们合作了有一年多。 |
It's what we call the Operations Center of Rio. |
我们称它为“里约运营中心”。 |
And I wanted to show that I can govern my city, using technology, from here, from Long Beach, so I got here last night and I know everything. |
下面我向大家展示一下如何运用科技管理我的城市, 从这个延绵的海滩开始。 虽然我昨天就达到这里,但是我知道在里约发生的所有事情。 |
We're going to speak now to the Operations Center. |
我们将与运营中心的人通话。 |
This is Osorio, he's our secretary of urban affairs. |
这个是奥索里奥, 他是城市规划发展部的秘书。 |
So Osorio, good to be there with you. |
奥索里奥,很高兴和你通话。 |
I've already told the people that we have tropical rain this time of year. |
我已经告诉这里的人们 我们今年这个时候有热带暴雨。 |
So how's the weather in Rio now? |
所以现在里约的天气怎么样? |
Osorio: The weather is fine. We have fair weather today. |
奥索里奥:天气很好,我们这里晴空万里。 |
Let me get you our weather satellite radar . |
让我展示一下气象卫星雷达图。 |
radar:n.雷达;
|
You see just a little bit of moisture around the city. |
你看,城市中就只有一点点水气, |
moisture:n.水分;湿度;潮湿;降雨量;
|
Absolutely no problem in the city in terms of weather, today and in the next few days. |
所以整个城市的天气 在未来几天内都会相当好。 |
Absolutely:adv.绝对地;完全地;
|
EP: Okay, how's the traffic? |
市长:那交通状况怎么样呢? |
We, at this time of year, get lots of traffic jams. |
我们在每年的这个时候,交通堵塞一直很严重。 |
People get mad at the mayor. So how's the traffic tonight? |
人们对市长都很愤怒。那么今晚的交通状况怎么样? |
Osario: Well traffic tonight is fine. |
奥索里奥:今晚的交通状况良好。 |
Let me get you one of our 8,000 buses. |
我给你们看下8000条交通线路中的一条。 |
A live transmission in downtown Rio for you, Mr. Mayor. |
市长先生,请您看下里约市中心现场交通运输状况。 |
transmission:n.传输;传染;播送;发射;广播;传动装置; downtown:n.市区;闹市区;adv.在市区;在热闹街上;到闹市区;adj.闹市区的;
|
You see, the streets are clear. |
您可以看到,街道很畅通。 |
Now it's 11:00 pm in Rio. |
现在是里约晚上11点。 |
Nothing of concern in terms of traffic. |
没有任何问题。 |
concern:v.涉及,关系到;使担心;n.关系;关心;关心的事;
|
I'll get to you now the incidents of the day. |
我还要向您报告一下今天的交通意外情况。 |
We had heavy traffic early in the morning and in the rush hour in the afternoon, but nothing of big concern. |
我们今天早上早些时候 和下午高峰期间交通拥堵状况比较严重, 但是都没有发生大的意外事故。 |
rush hour:n.交通拥挤时间;高峰时刻;adj.高峰时刻的;
|
We are below average in terms of traffic incidents in the city. |
城市交通意外发生率 处于平均水平之下。 |
EP: Okay, so you're showing now some public services. |
市长:好的,你能否再给我们展示公共服务的情况。 |
These are the cars. |
解释一下这些汽车的作用。 |
Osorio: Absolutely, Mr. Mayor. |
奥索里奥:当然,市长先生。 |
Let me get you the fleet of our waste collection trucks. |
让我给你们展示一下废物回收车的状况。 |
fleet:n.舰队; v.浅; v.掠过; adj.跑得快的;
|
This is live transmission. |
这个也是现场转播。 |
We have GPS's in all of our trucks. |
我们在所有的卡车上都装有GPS导航系统。 |
And you can see them working in all parts of the city. |
你可以看到他们正在运作, 在城市的各个地方 |
Waste collection on time. |
准时收集废物。 |
Public services working well. |
公共服务系统运作良好。 |
EP: Okay, Osorio, thank you very much. |
市长:好的,奥利索奥,非常感谢你的展示。 |
It was great to have you here. |
很高兴你能参加到这次演讲中。 |
We're going to move so that I can make a conclusion . |
让我们把镜头切回现场,做最后的总结。 |
conclusion:n.结论;结局;推论;
|
(Applause) |
(鼓掌) |
Okay, so no files, this place, no paperwork , no distance, 24/7 working. |
好的,在这个运营中心里,没有文档,没有纸质文件, 没有距离,全年全天候24小时工作。 |
paperwork:n.文书工作;
|
So the fourth commandment I want to share with you here tonight is, a city of the future has to use technology to be present. |
所以今晚我想和大家分享的第四个准则就是, 未来的城市 需要充分利用科学技术。 |
I don't need to be there anymore to know and to administrate the city. |
我不一定非要呆在那里才可以了解和管理我的城市。 |
administrate:vt.管理;经营,实施;
|
But everything that I said here tonight, or the commandments, are means, are ways, for us to govern cities -- invest in infrastructure, invest in the green, open parks, open spaces, integrate socially, use technology. |
但是今晚我所说的所有的东西,所有的准则, 都是一些帮助我们管理城市的 手段和方法-- 包括基础设施建设的投资、绿色环保的投资、 公园扩建、空间空地扩建、 社会资源整合和高科技的利用。 |
invest:v.投资;(把资金)投入;投入(时间、精力等);授予;
|
But at the end of the day, when we talk about cities, we talk about a gathering of people. |
但是在今天演讲的最后, 当我们讨论城市的时候, 我们还会讨论人口的增长。 |
And we cannot see that as a problem. |
我们不能把它看成一个问题。 |
That is fantastic . |
它其实非常美妙。 |
fantastic:奇异的,空想的
|
If there's 3.5 billion now, it's going to be six billion then it's going to be 10 billion. |
如果现在有35亿人口, 将来会变成60亿,然后是100亿。 |
That is great, that means we're going to have 10 billion minds working together, 10 billion talents together. |
这太棒了, 这意味着我们将要有 100亿个大脑一同思考工作, 100亿个有各种天赋的人聚一起。 |
So a city of the future, |
所以未来的城市, |
I really do believe that it's a city that cares about its citizens, integrates socially its citizens. |
我非常确信, 应当是一个关心每一个居民的城市, 并且能够把市民们凝聚在一起。 |
integrates:v.(使)结合;(使)一体化;(使)合并(integrate的第三人称单数形式);
|
A city of the future is a city that can never let anyone out of this great party, which are cities. |
未来的城市是一个不会 让任何一个人被孤立在外的城市。 |
Thank you very much. |
非常感谢! |
(Applause) |
(鼓掌) |