返回首页

EbonyRobertsandShakaSenghor_2019X-_如何成为同盟父母,而不是仇人_-

Ebony Roberts: I remember watching my father raise the pistol to my mother's head. 我记得看着我的父亲举起枪, 对着我母亲的脑袋。
Ebony:adj.乌木制的,黑檀木制的;似木的,黑檀木色的;n.乌木,黑檀; pistol:n.手枪;v.用手枪射击;
She pleaded with him to put the gun down, but he ignored her. 她请求他把枪放下, 但是他没有听她的。
pleaded:v.辩护(plead的过去式); ignored:v.忽视;对…不予理会;佯装未见;不予理睬;(ignore的过去分词和过去式)
When she bolted toward the door, he followed close behind and once outside, he fired one single shot. 当她向闪电一样冲去门边, 他紧紧相随, 当她一脚踏出家门,他开了一枪。
bolted:v.用插销闩上; (bolt的过去分词和过去式)
I was 12. 我那时 12 岁。
I remember this moment frame by frame. 我清楚的记得这个时刻 的每一帧每一秒。
frame:n.框架; v.设计; adj.有木架的;
I remember feeling numb. 我记得麻木的感觉。
I remember feeling alone. 我记得孤独的感觉。
Thank God, the bullet missed her, but my family would never be the same. 感谢上帝,子弹没有射中她, 但是我的家永远的变样了。
bullet:n.子弹;只选某党全部候选人的投票;豆子;vi.射出;迅速行进;
I would never be the same. 我也永远被改变了。
I didn't know then all the ways that my parents' on-again , off-again relationship would impact me, but I knew I didn't want a love like theirs. 那时的我没有意识到 父母断断续续的感情会影响到我, 但是我知道我不想要 像他们那样的爱情。
on-again:adj.断断续续的;时有时无的; off-again:n.动摇不定; impact:n.影响;效果;碰撞;冲击力;v.挤入,压紧;撞击;对…产生影响;
My story would be different. 我的爱情会不一样。
Years later, when I met you, 多年后,当我遇见你,
I fell madly in love. 我疯狂地陷入恋爱中。
madly:adv.疯狂地;发狂地;精神失常地;
Our connection was undeniable . 我们之间的火花是不可否认的。
undeniable:adj.不可否认的;公认优秀的;无可争辩的;
It was as if you had been hand-picked just for me. 就像是你是专门为我打造的。
hand-picked:adj.精选的;用手挑选的;
I thought we'd be together forever. 我以为我们会永远在一起。
But we struggled with some of the same issues my parents had, and after nearly nine years together, we called it quits . 但是我们在与我父母 相同的问题中挣扎, 过了 9 年在一起的生活, 我们分开了。
struggled:v.奋斗;努力;争取;艰难地行进;抗争;(struggle的过去式和过去分词) issues:n.重要议题;争论的问题;v.宣布;公布;发出;(issue的第三人称单数和复数) quits:v.离开;离任;戒掉;(quit的第三人称单数)
We had Sekou then. 我们生下了塞古。
He was only three. 他才 3 岁。
Though he was too young to really understand what was going on, he was old enough to know that mommy and daddy were not going to be living in the same house anymore. 虽然他太小不明白发生了什么, 但在他的年纪足够知道 妈妈和爸爸 不会在同一个屋檐下生活了。
Our breakup hit me really hard. 我们的分手真的让我伤透了心。
But I decided 但我决定
I wouldn't let my broken heart get in the way of what was best for Sekou. 我不会让我的伤心影响到塞古。
broken heart:n.破碎的心;哀恸; get in the way:妨碍;挡道;挡住去路;阻碍;
We struggled initially , trying to navigate this new space as co-parents. 最开始我们挣扎过, 尝试着如何作为共同监护 开始新的生活。
initially:adv.最初,首先;开头; navigate:vt.驾驶,操纵;使通过;航行于;vi.航行,航空;
I asked myself, how do we raise this beautiful boy full of wonder and promise and so much power, in spite of our failures as a couple? 我问我自己, 我们如何抚养这个 既对世界饱含好奇和希望 又充满活力的漂亮男孩, 尽管我们的婚姻失败了。
in spite of:尽管;不管,不顾;
The answer for me was simple. 答案对我来说很简单。
answer for:因…而受罚;对…负责;
I could either choose fear, fear of being alone, fear of the unknown, or choose love. 我可以选择恐惧, 对孤独的恐惧, 对未知的恐惧, 或者选择爱。
And I chose love. 然后我选择了爱。
That means seeing the good in you as a father. 那代表我会关注你 作为一个父亲的优点。
It means seeing the good in you as a father and not your missteps as a partner. 这代表我看到的是你 作为父亲的善良 而不是作为伴侣所犯下的错误。
missteps:n.失足;过失;踏错;失策;vi.失足;走上歧途;
It means putting Sekou first every time, even if it means I don't get my way. 这代表塞古永远排在第一位, 纵然我牺牲自己的利益也在所不辞。
I know my parents went back and forth trying to work things out for my brother and I's sake . 我知道我的父母分分合合, 为了我哥和我而努力。
back and forth:前后移动的,来回的,反复的; sake:n.目的;利益;理由;日本米酒;
Though I appreciate their effort, 虽然我感谢他们的努力,
appreciate:v.欣赏;感激;感谢;理解;
I wish they hadn't. 但我希望他们没有那么做。
I saw too much, I heard too much. 我看了太多,听了太多。
I knew I didn't want that to be Sekou's story. 我知道我不想让同样的事情 发生在塞古身上。
I wanted Sekou to know what it was like to see two parents who got along, two parents who worked together as a team. 我想让塞古体验到 有一对和谐的父母是什么感觉, 两位家长像一个队伍一样共同努力。
I wanted him to know what love looks like in its truest form. 我想让他知道 爱在最真实的状态下是什么样的。
Love is patient , love is kind. 爱是耐心,爱是善良。
patient:adj.有耐心的,能容忍的;n.病人;患者;
Love does not anger easily, it keeps no wrongs. 爱不会轻易发怒, 爱没有任何错误,
Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres . 爱会永远保护, 永远信任,永远有希望, 永远支持与鼓舞。
perseveres:v.坚持不懈(persevere的第三人称单数);
Shaka Senghor: It was 1983. 沙卡 · 桑格尔(Shaka Senghor): 那是在 1983 年的时候。
Shaka:n.沙加(黄金圣斗士之一);
I was 11 years old. 我 11 岁。
I remember being in a basement with my father, in our home on the east side of Detroit . 我记得和我爸一起呆在地下室, 在我们底特律东部的家里。
Detroit:n.底特律(美国一座城市);
I watched him stuff albums into the blue and orange milk crates , as tears streamed from his eyes. 我看着他把专辑 收起来放在蓝橙相间的牛奶纸箱里, 眼泪从他的眼里留下。
stuff:n.东西:物品:基本特征:v.填满:装满:标本: crates:n.[包装]板条箱(crate的复数);
Just before that, him and my mother had just sat me and my siblings down and told us that they were calling it quits. 就在那之前, 他和我妈 让我和我的兄弟姐妹们坐下来 然后告诉我们他们要分手了。
siblings:n.兄;弟;姐;妹;(sibling的复数)
Thirty years later, 30 年之后,
I found myself with tears in my eyes, as I packed my belongings in our home. 我发现我自己饱含眼泪, 在我的家里收拾行李。
belongings:n.[经]财产,所有物;亲戚;
Ebony and I met while I was serving a 19-year prison sentence. 我和艾博妮相遇时 我正在服一段19 年的刑劳。
For four years, we used letters, phone calls and visits to build what we had imagined to be an unshakeable bond. 在 4 年时间里, 我们通过信件、电话和拜访 创建了想象中我们之间 坚不可摧的联系。
unshakeable:adj.不可动摇的;坚定不移的;
We fought the system together, and we thought that we would be able to right the wrongs of our parents. 我们共同对抗体制, 然后我们以为我们可以 弥补我们父母所犯下的错。
She was a poet, 她是一位诗人,
I was a writer. 我是一位作家,
She was gorgeous , with a PhD. 她非常优秀,有博士学位。
gorgeous:adj.华丽的,灿烂的;极好的;
I was handsome, with a GED. 我很帅气, 有高中文凭。
(Laughter) (笑声)
We built something magical. 我们一起创造了奇迹。
We built something that we thought would endure . 我们一起创造了 我们以为能永远留存的事物。
endure:v.忍受;忍耐;持续;持久;
But unfortunately , our relationship became unhinged when I was released from prison. 但不幸的是, 我们的关系从我被监狱放出来之后 就开始脱轨了。
unfortunately:adv.不幸地; unhinged:adj.精神错乱的; released:v.释放;使免除;已发布;(release的过去分词和过去式)
Post-traumatic stress syndrome , trauma from prior to going to prison, baggage from her relationship, my inexperience in a relationship undid the magic of what we built behind the walls. 创伤后压力症候群, 进监狱前就有的创伤, 她情感的负担, 我在感情关系中缺乏经验 把我在监狱时 我们创造的魔力消磨殆尽。
Post-traumatic:adj.受伤后的; syndrome:n.[临床]综合征;综合症状;并发症状;校验子;并发位; prior:adj.先前的; n.(小隐修院)院长; v.居先; baggage:n.行李;[交]辎重(军队的); inexperience:n.缺乏经验;无经验;不熟练;
Centered in all of that was our beautiful boy. 在所有事物中心 是我们漂亮的男孩。
I remember when we first brought Sekou home. 我记得当我们第一次带塞古回家。
It was so exciting, it was amazing, we worked together, we collaborated , we supported each other. 很是激动,非常美妙, 我们一起工作,共同协作, 我们互相依靠。
collaborated:v.合作;协作;通敌;勾结敌人;(collaborate的过去分词和过去式)
You took the night shift , I took the morning shift. 你上晚班,我上早班。
shift:n.移动;变化;手段;轮班;v.移动;转变;转换;
And it was going amazing. 曾是多么的美好。
And then it all changed. 然后就变了。
It changed the morning that you came in really excited, you was like, "Hey, I'm going back to work! 是在某一天早上你回到家 非常激动,然后你说, “嘿,我又可以回去工作了!
Aren't you excited?" 你难道不激动吗?”
And I was like, "Yes. I am ecstatic right now. 然后我说:”是的。我现在很兴奋,
ecstatic:adj.狂喜的;入迷的;n.狂喜的人;
(Laughter) (笑声)
I cannot be more delighted ." 我真的非常高兴。‘’
delighted:adj.高兴的; v.使高兴; (delight的过去分词和过去式)
But inside, I was really afraid. 但是内心,我很害怕。
But I couldn't tell you that. 但是我不能告诉你我的想法。
So instead, I said, "Hey, go off and have a wonderful day." 所以,我说: ”嘿,去吧,祝你有个美好的一天。”
And you left, and I was left with Sekou. 然后你就离开了, 而我留下来陪着塞古。
What I understand now about that moment is that we were fostering a trust that's necessary for parents to coexist . 我现在对那个时刻的看法是 我们在培养一种信任 父母同时存在是很重要的。
fostering:v.促进;助长;培养;鼓励;抚育;(foster的现在分词) coexist:vi.共存;和平共处;
And that you were trusting me with our most precious gift. 而且你把我们最珍贵的 礼物(孩子)托付给了我。
precious:adj.宝贵的;珍贵的;矫揉造作的;
And that you were building the foundation and the blocks for what's important for this portal we call parenthood . 你在为被我们称做为人父母这个事业 建造一砖一瓦。
foundation:n.基础;地基;基金会;根据;创立; portal:n.大门,入口; parenthood:n.亲子关系;父母身份;
ER: Knowing how our parents' breakups impacted us, you know, we were really sensitive about how our breakup would impact Sekou. 父母的离异影响着我们, 你知道,我们真的对我们的分手会不会 影响到塞古感到非常在意。
breakups:n.解体;分裂;崩溃;馏分组成;停止;(breakup的复数) impacted:adj.压紧的;结实的;嵌入的;(人口)稠密的;v.装紧;挤满(impact的过去分词); sensitive:adj.敏感的;感觉的;易受影响的;n.敏感的人;有灵异能力的人;
We struggled, but we found our way. 我们纠结过, 但我们找到了适合我们的路。
And let Sekou tell it, we're the best parents in the world. 而且还让塞古觉得, 我们是世界上最棒的父母。
I love that he sees us that way. 我大爱他这么看待我俩。
We made a choice in the beginning to co-parent as allies and not adversaries . 最开始我们做了一个决定 做像同盟一样的共同抚养他 而不是成为死对头。
co-parent:与已离婚(或分居)的另一方对子女负有同等的责任; allies:n.盟友,支持者:v.与…结盟(ally的第三人称单数和复数) adversaries:敌手;
To break the toxic pattern that we see play out over and over again when parents lose focus on what's most important, the children. 打破我们反复见证过的 有害的模式, 即父母们不再把注意力 集中在最重要的事上, 也就是孩子们身上。
toxic:adj.有毒的;中毒的; over and over again:adv.一再地;反复不断地;
They allow their relationship pain to get in the way. 他们就让感情的痛苦挡在孩子路中间。
But at the end of the day, we're on the same team, and that's Sekou's team. 但最终,我们站在同一战线, 大家都在塞古的队伍里。
You know, I have to admit, we have an unconventional relationship a lot of people don't understand. 你知道,我必须承认, 我们经营着不合常规的感情, 很多人都不明白。
unconventional:adj.非常规的;非传统的;不依惯例的;
We're not perfect as parents or people. 我们没有正常父母或他人那么完美。
But we honor each other's role in Sekou's life. 但我们尊重各自在塞古人生中的角色。
We allow him to do things that our parents would never allow us to do. 我们准许他做很多事 我们的父母可能 永远不会允许我们做的。
We don't allow our fears to put limits on him. 我们不允许我们自己的恐惧限制塞古。
We nurture his natural curiosity about the universe and his relationship to the world. 我们鼓励他对这个世界的好奇心。 还有他对世界的感情。
nurture:v.养育;培养;养护;支持; curiosity:n.好奇,好奇心;珍品,古董,古玩;
Remember that time when we were coming in from a long day at work, and Sekou found a puddle outside, a puddle of mud, mind you. 记得那次我们经过 一天漫长的工作后回到家, 塞古在外面找到一个小水坑, 其实是小泥坑,提醒你哦。
puddle:n.水坑,泥潭; vt.使泥泞,搅浑; vi.搅泥浆;
Had a brand new fresh outfit on, Levi's from head to toe . 他当时穿着全新的衣服, 从头到脚的李维斯。
brand new:adj.崭新的;最近获得的; outfit:n.全套服装;团队;小组;分队;v.装备;配置设备;供给服装; toe:n.脚趾;鞋头;v.用脚趾踩;用脚尖踢;
And he found this puddle of mud, and he reached for it. 然后他找到了这个小泥坑, 想去玩玩。
And he wanted to touch the muddy earth, and we allowed him to do that. 他想要去触摸那些泥土, 然后我们准许他这么做了。
muddy:adj.泥泞的; vt.使污浊; vi.变得泥泞;
We resisted the urge to say no, and in fact, went and got him a shovel , and allowed him to feel the earth's properties and explore as much as he wanted to, and he played, and was as happy as a pig in mud. 我们忍住了说不行的冲动, 事实上, 我们去给他找来了一把铲子, 然后允许他和泥土玩耍, 尽可能探索他想要探索的, 所以他这么做了, 他就像泥地里的小猪那么开心。
resisted:v.抵制;阻挡;反抗;回击;抵抗;忍住;(resist的过去分词和过去式) shovel:n.铁铲;一铲的量;铲车;v.铲除;用铲挖;把…胡乱塞入; explore:v.探索:探测:探险:
(Laughter) (笑声)
We realized that the outfit could be washed, that a bath would clean up all the dirt , but the thrill of being in the moment, of being able to touch and be amazed at this thing that he had never discovered before was more valuable than the clothes or the dirt that could be washed away. 我们意识到身上的衣服是可以清洗的, 而身体上的泥土也是可以洗澡洗掉的, 但活在当下的兴奋, 可以去探索未知事物, 和为它感到惊奇, 是比衣服和可以洗掉的泥土更有价值的。
dirt:n.污垢;尘土;下流话; thrill:n.兴奋感;兴奋;激动;v.使非常兴奋;使非常激动; valuable:adj.有价值的;贵重的;可估价的;n.贵重物品;
We continue to rethink what is right and wrong when it comes to parenting. 我们持续思考着身为父母 什么是对的什么是错的,
rethink:v.重新考虑;再想;n.重新考虑;反思;新想法;
Sekou challenges us every day. 塞古每天都在改变着我们。
You know, we allow him to climb on couches and draw on his clothes and his shoes, let him run around the store -- well, I do, anyway. 你知道,我们允许他攀爬沙发 允许他在衣服和鞋子上画画, 允许他在商店里跑来跑去—— 至少我允许,总之。
couches:n.睡椅,长沙发;床;卧榻;vi.蹲伏,埋伏;躺着;vt.使躺下;表达;弯下; run around:n.遁词;借口;
And I get the death stares from other mamas who look at me and who think that children should be quiet and well-behaved in public. 这让其他妈妈死命的地盯着我。 那些妈妈认为孩子应该 在公共场合保持安静并表现良好。
stares:vi.凝视,盯着看;显眼;vt.凝视,盯着看;n.凝视;注视; mamas:n.妈妈(口语); well-behaved:adj.很乖的;行为端正的;彬彬有礼的;
I also get those questions that are really judgments , but I don't pay them any mind. 我还收到那些其实是评判你的问题, 但是我丝毫不在意。
judgments:判断;
Because at the end of the day, our job is to guide Sekou on this journey of life, not to control him. 因为到最后, 我们的责任是在人生旅途上引领塞古, 而不是控制他。
journey:n.旅行;行程;vi.旅行;
We're here to help him figure out his place in the world, to uncover his greatest gifts, to discover why he was born. 我们存在的目的是帮助他 找到在这个世界上的位置, 去让他发现自己的天赋, 去让他探寻自己为什么出生。
uncover:v.揭开盖子;发现;揭露;揭发;
We are raising a free black boy in a world that despises black joy, and we refuse to put limits on him that the world already has. 我们在一个藐视黑人快乐的世界里, 抚养一个自由的黑人小孩。 我们拒绝给他设定这个世界已有的限制。
despises:v.轻视(despise的三单形式);
SS: Our parenting can be seen as an allegory for this two-sided coin of possibilities. 沙卡:我们的抚养方式 可以视作一个寓言, 就像硬币两面存在的机遇。
allegory:n.寓言; two-sided:adj.有两边的;两方面的;
On one side, the reality of raising a black boy in a society that says that black boys, black bodies and black lives only seen as profitable or disposable . 在一面, 在社会上抚养黑人小孩的现实 是黑人小孩子,黑人身体和生命 只能被看作有利可图或者用完即丢弃。
profitable:adj.有利可图的;赚钱的;有益的; disposable:adj.可任意处理的;可自由使用的;用完即可丢弃的;
And then there's the other side. 但另一面,
Possibility of two parents who are no longer together coexisting , supporting each other, loving each other, showing affection publicly in a way that honors the relationship with our son. 已离异的父母合作共存 相互支持, 相互关爱,公开示爱的做法 从一方面可以让我们的关系 和儿子更加和谐。
coexisting:adj.共存的;v.[数]共存(coexist的现在分词);
And even more importantly is the power to support each other in all those vulnerable moments. 更重要的是, 有在脆弱的时刻支持对方的能量。
vulnerable:adj.易受攻击的,易受…的攻击;易受伤害的;有弱点的;
There was this one time that it was my day to go pick up Sekou, you remember that time? 有一次 轮到我去接塞古那天,你记得那次吗?
I go pick Sekou up, he's in first grade, and as I'm walking up, another parent walks up and says, "Hey, Shaka. 我去接塞古,他在一年级, 随着我走进, 另一个家长走过来说:“嘿 ,沙卡。
I seen Oprah Winfrey give a shout-out to you on CNN last night." 我看到奥普拉 · 温弗瑞 昨晚在 CNN 称赞你了。”
Oprah:n.奥普拉(美国电视节目主持人); shout-out:突然呼喊,大叫;
She was super excited, exuberant even. 她非常激动,甚至高兴过了头。
exuberant:adj.繁茂的;生气勃勃的,充溢的;
I was mortified . 我有一些不好意思。
mortified:adj.感到屈辱的;惭愧的;v.使难堪;使羞愧;(mortify的过去分词和过去式)
Because I thought, what's going to happen when she tells another parent, and they tell another parent, and then they go and look me up and then they discover that I was in prison for second-degree murder. 因为我在想如果 她告诉其他的家长会发生什么, 这些家长再告诉另外的家长, 他们会去搜索我的信息, 然后他们发现 我因二级谋杀进过监狱。
second-degree:adj.二等的;烧伤程度的第二度的;
And then their child hears about it. 然后他们的孩子也会听说这件事。
And they come to school, and they say to Sekou, "Your dad was convicted of murdering someone." 他们的孩子来到学校,对塞古说: “”你爸爸曾被判谋杀罪。”
convicted:v.定罪;宣判…有罪;(convict的过去式和过去分词)
And I remember, as watching Sekou race out, and I knew that I had to call Ebony. 我记得,看着塞古冲出来 我就知道是时间给艾博妮打电话了。
When I called her, I explained to her what happened, 当我给她打电话, 我给她解释了发生的事情
Ebony said, "You have to have the talk." 艾博妮说:“你必须和他亲自谈一谈。”
So I took Sekou home, got him ready for bed, and we talked for half an hour. 所以我接塞古回了家, 然后让他准备好上床睡觉, 然后我们谈了半小时左右。
I talked to him about why I went to prison. 我告诉他我为什么进监狱。
And I listened to his feedback . 然后我听他对我的回复。
feedback:n.反馈;反馈意见;回授;[电子]反馈;
And then we called his mom so we can do our nightly ritual of her offering prayer and then me doing affirmations . 然后我们叫来他妈妈一起 做睡前祷告, 然后我做自我肯定。
nightly:adj.夜间的;每夜的;adv.每夜; ritual:n.仪式;惯例;礼制;adj.仪式的;例行的;礼节性的; affirmations:n.主张,肯定;断言;
And I remember holding him tightly . 我记得紧紧握住他的手。
tightly:adv.紧紧地;坚固地;
And I realized the importance of the affirmations that we do at night. 我意识到晚上我们一起 做自我肯定的重要性。
And I see them as a road map, as a guide, as a touchstone for other parents to protect and to empower their children, especially in a world where it's very difficult. 我把它们当作公路地图, 就像向导一样, 作为别的父母们的试金石 去保护并激励他们的孩子, 特别是在这样做特别困难的环境里。
touchstone:n.试金石;(检验)标准; empower:vt.授权,允许;使能够; especially:adv.尤其;特别;格外;十分;
For us, co-parenting is so much more than scheduling pick-up and drop-off , playdates , deciding what he's going to wear, what he's going to eat. 为了我们,共同抚养孩子远不止 计划谁接孩子谁送孩子, 谁带孩子去玩, 决定他要穿什么,要吃什么。
co-parenting:n.[美国英语](离婚夫妇经法律手续达成的)子女共同监护(协议); pick-up:捡起,拾起 drop-off:n.急下降; playdates:n.上映期;玩耍约会;(playdate的复数)
For us, it's about helping each other carry the weight, unpack the load, and to show up in the world in a way that honors the beauty of our son. 对我们来说,这是互相帮助共同承担, 卸下重担, 把尊重我们儿子的优秀的方式, 展现给世界。
unpack:vt.卸下…;解除…的负担;vi.打开包裹;
And it's for these reasons that we do affirmations. 这是我们做自我肯定的原因。
ER: We never though we'd be here. 艾博妮:我们从没想过我们会在这儿。
But here we are. 但我们现在在这儿。
And we hope that the way that we show up for Sekou and for each other is a model of what successful co-parenting can look like. 我们希望我们为塞古做的 为对方做的 是共同抚养的成功例子。
We'd like to bring you all in to this nightly ritual of affirmations that Shaka does with Sekou every night at bedtime. 我们想为大家呈现这个每晚沙卡与塞古 一起做的自我肯定仪式。
SS: Hey. 沙卡:嘿。
(Applause) (掌声)
SS: I am great. Sekou: I am great. 沙卡:我很棒。 塞古:我很棒。
SS: I am awesome . Sekou: I am awesome . 沙卡:我很优秀。 塞古:我很优秀。
awesome:adj.令人敬畏的;使人畏惧的;可怕的;极好的;
SS: I'm amazing. Sekou: I'm amazing. 沙卡:我很精彩。 塞古:我很精彩。
SS: I am thoughtful . Sekou: I am thoughtful . 沙卡:我很体贴。 塞古:我很体贴。
thoughtful:adj.深思的;体贴的;关切的;
SS: I am kind. Sekou: I am kind. 沙卡:我很友善。 塞古:我很友善。
SS: I am loving. Sekou: I am loving. 沙卡:我很有爱。 塞古:我很有爱。
SS: I am caring. Sekou: I am caring. 沙卡:我关心他人。 塞古:我关心他人。
SS: I am funny. Sekou: I am funny. 沙卡:我很幽默。 塞古:我很幽默。
SS: I'm smart. Sekou: I'm smart. 沙卡:我很聪明。 塞古:我很聪明。
SS: I'm a big boy. Sekou: I'm a big boy. 沙卡:我是大男孩。 塞古:我是大男孩。
SS: I'm a soldier. Sekou: I'm a soldier. 沙卡:我是一个战士。 塞古:我是一个战士。
SS: I'm a warrior . Sekou: I'm a warrior . 沙卡:我是一个士兵。 塞古:我是一个士兵。
warrior:n.勇士;
SS: I am Sekou. Sekou: I am Sekou. 沙卡:我是塞古。 塞古:我是塞古。
(Cheers and applause) (欢呼与掌声)
ER: Good job, baby. 艾博妮:好样的,宝贝。