|
|
Downton.Abbey.S01E01-唐顿庄园
|
Oh, my God. |
上帝啊 |
That's impossible. |
这不可能 |
I'll take it up there now. |
我这就送去 |
Don't be stupid. |
别傻了 |
None of them will be up for hours. What difference will it make? |
等他们起床还早呢 不差这一会儿 |
Jimmy will do it when he comes in. |
吉米来了自会去送 |
Six o'clock! |
六点了 |
Thank you, Daisy. |
谢谢 黛西 |
Anna. |
安娜 |
Just for once in my life |
哪怕这辈子只有一次 |
I'd like to sleep until I woke up natural. |
我真想睡到自然醒 |
Is your fire still in? |
炉火还旺吗 |
Yes, Mrs Patmore. |
是的 帕特莫太太 |
Oh, my, my, will wonders never cease ? |
还真是不可思议啊 |
cease:v.(正式)停止;结束;中断;平息;n.(正式)不停地;不间断地;连续地;
|
Have you laid the servant's hall breakfast? |
仆人们的早餐摆好了吗 |
Yes, Mrs Patmore. |
好了 帕特莫太太 |
And finished blacking that stove ? |
炉子擦亮了吗 |
stove:n.火炉;窑;烘房;[园]温室;v.用火炉烤[烘干];把…放入温室内培育;
|
Yes, Mrs Patmore. |
是的 帕特莫太太 |
What about the bedroom fires? |
卧室的炉火呢 |
All lit, Mrs Patmore. |
都生好了 帕特莫太太 |
Right, well, take your things and get started on the fires on the ground floor . |
好的 带上家什 去把底楼的火也生了 |
ground floor:n.底层;
|
Now, hurry up. |
动作快点 |
Any sign of William? - No. |
见着威廉了吗 -没有 |
Where have you been? - I'm not late, am I? |
你上哪儿去了 -我没迟到吧 |
You're late when I say you're late. |
我说你迟了就是迟了 |
Daisy, whatever are you doing there, crouching in the dark? |
黛西 你蜷在那儿做什么 黑灯瞎火的 |
crouching:v.蹲;蹲下;蹲伏;(crouch的现在分词)
|
You weren't here and I didn't like to touch the curtains with me dirty hands. |
你不在 我也不想用 脏手去拉窗帘 |
Well, quite right, too. |
说得没错 |
Why didn't you put the lights on? - I daren't. |
你怎么不开灯 -我不敢 |
Well, it's electricity and not the devil's handiwork . |
电又不是什么牛鬼蛇神 |
electricity:n.电力;电流;强烈的紧张情绪; handiwork:n.手工艺;[工经]手工制品;行为后果;
|
You'll have to get used to it sooner or later . |
你早晚都得习惯的 |
get used to:开始习惯于 sooner or later:迟早,早晚;
|
At Skelton Park, they've even got it in the kitchens. |
人家斯凯尔顿庄园连厨房都通上电了 |
Skelton:n.俯式冰橇;
|
What for? |
为什么呀 |
Yes, Mrs Patmore. |
好的 帕特莫太太 |
Breakfast is ready, Mr Carson. |
早膳已备好 卡森先生 |
Ah, William, any papers yet? |
威廉 报纸送来了吗 |
They're late. - They certainly are. |
送报员迟到了 -见怪不怪 |
Get the board out so you can do them as soon as they're here. |
把板子准备好 报纸一来就可以熨了 |
as soon as:一…就;
|
Is the library tidy ? |
书房收拾妥当了吗 |
tidy:adj.整齐的:整洁的:v.使整洁:
|
Yes, Mrs Hughes. |
收拾好了 休斯太太 |
Good. I want the dining room given a proper going over today. |
很好 今天要彻底打扫餐厅 |
dining room:n.餐厅;
|
You can do it when they've finished their breakfast. |
他们用完早餐 你们就开始 |
Oh, heavens, girl! |
天哪 傻丫头 |
You're building a fire, not inventing it. |
你是要生火 又不是钻木取火 |
How many have you done? |
还剩几个了 |
This is me last till they come downstairs . |
主人下楼前最后一个了 |
downstairs:adv.在楼下;往楼下;adj.楼下的;n.楼下(尤指地面的一层);
|
Very well. |
很好 |
Now, get back down to the kitchens before anyone sees you. |
赶紧回厨房 免得被人瞧见 |
And they're off. - No rest for the wicked . |
他们起来了 -片刻不得消停 |
wicked:adj.邪恶的;缺德的;调皮的;n.恶人;邪恶的人;
|
Lady Mary. Are the tea trays ready? |
是玛丽小姐 茶盘备好了吗 |
trays:n.[机]托盘;盘子(tray的复数);
|
All ready, Mrs Patmore. |
都准备好了 帕特莫太太 |
If the water's boiled. |
就等水开了 |