返回首页

DanielleFeinberg_2015P-_将皮克斯电影带入生活的魔法元素_

When I was seven years old, some well-meaning adult asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. 在我7岁的时候, 有位好心的大人问我长大后想做什么。
well-meaning:adj.善意的;好心的;
Proudly , I said: "An artist." 我自豪地说:“一名艺术家。”
Proudly:傲慢地
'"No, you don't," he said, "You can't make a living being an artist!" “不,你不会,” 他说道, “当艺术家你是养不活自己的!”
make a living:谋生,维持生活;
My little seven-year-old Picasso dreams were crushed . 我7岁的小小毕加索梦想破灭了。
Picasso:n.毕加索(西班牙画家); crushed:v.压坏;压伤;挤压变形;(crush的过去分词和过去式)
But I gathered myself, went off in search of a new dream, eventually settling on being a scientist, perhaps something like the next Albert Einstein. 但是我重整旗鼓, 去寻找新的梦想, 最终我确定要当一名科学家, 也许会成为下一个爱因斯坦。
eventually:adv.最后,终于; settling:n.安置;固定;沉淀物;移居;v.解决;安居;(settle的现在分词)
(Laughter) (笑声)
I have always loved math and science, later, coding . 我一直都热爱数学和科学, 后来还爱上了写代码。
coding:n.译码;v.把…编码;(code的现在分词)
And so I decided to study computer programming in college. 因此在大学里我决定学习电脑编程。
In my junior year, my computer graphics professor showed us these wonderful short films. 在大学三年级的时候, 我的计算机图形教授向我们展示了这些神奇的短片。
junior:n.青少年;职位较低者;adj.青少年的;地位低下的; graphics:n.[测]制图学;制图法;图表算法;
It was the first computer animation any of us had ever seen. 我们全班都是第一次见到电脑动画。
animation:n.活泼,生气;激励;卡通片绘制;
I watched these films in wonder, transfixed , fireworks going off in my head, thinking, "That is what I want to do with my life." 我惊奇地看着这些短片,简直惊呆了, 激情的火花在我的脑中迸发, 我想, 这就是我梦想的工作。
transfixed:vt.钉住;刺穿;使呆住; fireworks:n.烟花;烟火表演;激烈的言辞;令人激动的行动;(firework的复数)
The idea that all the math, science and code I had been learning could come together to create these worlds and characters and stories I connected with, was pure magic for me. 所有我学到的数学,科学和编程, 整合在一起可以用来创造这些世界,角色, 以及故事的这种想法, 对我来说充满了魔力。
Just two years later, I started working at the place that made those films, Pixar Animation Studios . 就在两年之后,我开始在 创作了这些电影的地方工作,皮克斯动画工作室。
Pixar:n.皮克斯;皮克斯动画工作室; Studios:n.工作室(studio的复数);
It was here I learned how we actually execute those films. 在这里我真正学会了如何制作那些电影。
execute:vt.实行;执行;处死;
To create our movies, we create a three-dimensional world inside the computer. 为制作电影, 我们在电脑里制作了3D世界。
three-dimensional:adj.三维的;立体的;真实的;
We start with a point that makes a line that makes a face that creates characters, or trees and rocks that eventually become a forest. 我们从一个点连成线,线构成面, 这样创造角色, 或者树,或者石头,逐渐形成了一片森林。
And because it's a three-dimensional world, we can move a camera around inside that world. 因为这是一个3D世界, 我们可以在那个世界里移动镜头。
I was fascinated by all of it. 我被这一切深深吸引住了。
But then I got my first taste of lighting. 然后我第一次尝试了布光。
Lighting in practice is placing lights inside this three-dimensional world. 布光实际上就是在这个3D世界里放置光源。
in practice:在实践中;实际上,事实上;
I actually have icons of lights I move around in there. 我有光源的图标能够在里面移动。
move around:v.走来走去;绕着…来回转;
Here you can see I've added a light, 这里你们可以看到我加了一个光源,
I'm turning on the rough version of lighting in our software, turn on shadows and placing the light. 我打开的是软件里的粗略版光源, 打开阴影, 然后放置光源。
As I place a light, 当我放置一个光源时,
I think about what it might look like in real life, but balance that out with what we need artistically and for the story. 我会想在现实生活中看上去应该是什么样子, 但同时也要平衡我们在艺术和故事上的需要。
artistically:adv.在艺术上;富有艺术地;
So it might look like this at first, but as we adjust this and move that in weeks of work, in rough form it might look like this, and in final form, like this. 所以开始它看起来会像这样, 但是随着我们在接下来的几个星期中 不断进行各种调整和移动, 在粗略模式下看起来就变成这样了, 在最终模式中是这样。
adjust:v.调整;调节;适应;习惯;
There's this moment in lighting that made me fall utterly in love with it. 就在布光完成的这个瞬间,我完全地爱上了它。
utterly:adv.完全地;绝对地;全然地;彻底地,十足地;
It's where we go from this to this. 这是我们从这样 变成这样的地方。
It's the moment where all the pieces come together, and suddenly the world comes to life as if it's an actual place that exists. 这是所有部分整合在一起的时刻, 突然整个世界活了过来, 就好像这是一个真实存在的地方。
This moment never gets old, especially for that little seven-year-old girl that wanted to be an artist. 这个时刻永远也不会被淡忘, 尤其对一个想成为艺术家的7岁的女孩来说。
especially:adv.尤其;特别;格外;十分;
As I learned to light, 随着我不断学习布光,
I learned about using light to help tell story, to set the time of day, to create the mood , to guide the audience's eye, how to make a character look appealing or stand out in a busy set. 我学会了用光去辅助故事的叙述, 去设置一天中的时间, 去创造气氛, 去引导观众的视线, 如何使一个角色有感染力, 或使其在一个凌乱的场景里显得突出。
mood:n.情绪,语气;心境;气氛; appealing:adj.吸引人的; v.呼吁; (appeal的现在分词)
Did you see WALL-E? 你们看到瓦力了吗?
(Laughter) (笑声)
There he is. 他在这儿。
As you can see , we can create any world that we want inside the computer. 就像你们看到的, 我们可以在电脑里创造任何我们想要的世界。
As you can see:正如你所看到的;你是知道的;
We can make a world with monsters, with robots that fall in love , we can even make pigs fly. 我们可以使世界充满了怪兽, 充满了陷入爱河的机器人, 我们甚至可以使猪飞起来。
fall in love:v.坠入情网;坠入爱河;相爱;爱上;
(Laughter) (笑声)
While this is an incredible thing, this untethered artistic freedom, it can create chaos . 这是一件不可思议的事, 同时也是不受束缚的艺术自由, 它可以创造混乱。
incredible:adj.难以置信的,惊人的; untethered:vt.解下拴牛马的绳或链; chaos:n.混沌,混乱;
It can create unbelievable worlds, unbelievable movement, things that are jarring to the audience. 它可以创造出难以置信的世界, 难以置信的运动, 使观众觉得不舒服的东西。
unbelievable:adj.(非正式)难以置信的;不可信的
So to combat this, we tether ourselves with science. 所以,为了对抗这些,我们用科学约束自己。
combat:v.战斗;防止;减轻;与…搏斗;n.战斗;搏斗;打仗;
We use science and the world we know as a backbone , to ground ourselves in something relatable and recognizable . 我们以科学和已知的常识 作为支柱, 把我们与可关联和可识别的事物联系起来。
backbone:n.支柱;主干网;决心,毅力;脊椎; recognizable:adj.可辨认的;可认识的;可承认的;
'"Finding Nemo " is an excellent example of this. “海底总动员” 就是一个杰出的例子。
Nemo:n.现场转播节目;
A major portion of the movie takes place underwater . 电影中很大一部分故事发生在水下。
portion:n.部分;(食物的)一份;分担的责任;v.把…分成若干份(或部分); underwater:adj.在水中的;水面下的;adv.在水下;n.水下;
But how do you make it look underwater? 但是你怎样使它看起来是在水下呢?
In early research and development , we took a clip of underwater footage and recreated it in the computer. 在早期的研发中, 我们拿出一段水下的影片在电脑里面重建它。
research and development:n.研究和开发; clip:v.剪辑;修剪;削减;固定;n.夹;夹子;速度;钳; footage:n.英尺长度;连续镜头;以尺计算长度; recreated:v.再现;再创造;(recreate的过去分词和过去式)
Then we broke it back down to see which elements make up that underwater look. 然后我们把它进行分解 去找出形成水下场景的元素。
elements:n.要素;基本部分;少量;一群;(element的复数)
One of the most critical elements was how the light travels through the water. 最关键的元素之一 是光线如何在水中移动。
critical:adj.鉴定的;[核]临界的;批评的,爱挑剔的;危险的;决定性的;评论的;
So we coded up a light that mimics this physics -- first, the visibility of the water, and then what happens with the color. 所以我们编码了一种光源模拟这种物理现象—— 首先,是水的能见度, 然后是颜色的变化。
coded:adj.[计]编码的;电码的;译成电码的;v.译成密码(code的过去式和过去分词); mimics:v.模仿; n.会模仿的人(或动物); (mimic的第三人称单数和复数) visibility:n.可见性;能见度;能见距离
Objects close to the eye have their full, rich colors. 距离近的物体有完整的,丰富的色彩。
As light travels deeper into the water, we lose the red wavelengths , then the green wavelengths , leaving us with blue at the far depths. 随着水深增加, 我们失去了红色波段的光, 然后是绿色波段, 在很深的地方只剩下蓝色。
wavelengths:n.[物]波长(wavelength的复数);
In this clip you can see two other important elements. 在这个片段里你们可以看到两个其它重要元素。
The first is the surge and swell , or the invisible underwater current that pushes the bits of particulate around in the water. 第一个是涌动, 或者说是不可见的暗流, 这推动了周围水中的少量微粒。
surge:n.汹涌;大浪,波涛;汹涌澎湃;巨涌;v.汹涌;起大浪,蜂拥而来; swell:n.海浪的涌动; v.膨胀; adj.很愉快的; invisible:adj.看不见的;n.看不见的人或物; particulate:adj.微粒的;n.微粒,微粒状物质;
The second is the caustics . 第二个是光的散射。
caustics:n.[光]焦散线;腐蚀剂(caustic的复数);
These are the ribbons of light, like you might see on the bottom of a pool, that are created when the sun bends through the crests of the ripples and waves on the ocean's surface. 这些是光线照射的条纹, 就像你可以在池底看到的一样, 这些是光线在海面上穿过涟漪和波浪的 波峰时发生了弯曲。
ribbons:n.绶带,丝带; v.用缎带装饰; crests:n.[物]波峰;冠;山顶;顶饰;vi.到达绝顶;形成浪峰; ripples:n.涟漪;波纹(ripple的复数);v.呈波状(ripple的单三形式);
Here we have the fog beams . 这里我们有雾化光束。
beams:[建]梁;
These give us color depth cues , but also tells which direction is up in shots where we don't see the water surface. 这些给了我们不同色彩的深度暗示, 并且在看不到水面的地方 告诉我们哪个方向是上方。
cues:n.开端,线索;提示,关键;球杆;诱因(cue的复数形式);
The other really cool thing you can see here is that we lit that particulate only with the caustics, so that as it goes in and out of those ribbons of light, it appears and disappears , lending a subtle , magical sparkle to the underwater. 在此你们能看到的另一件很酷的事是, 我们只有光的散射来照亮微粒, 因此随着它进入和离开光的散射带, 它出会出现然后消失, 产生了一个微妙的,魔幻的,生气勃勃的水下世界。
disappears:v.消失;不见;消亡;失踪;丢失;(disappear的第三人称单数) subtle:adj.微妙的;精细的;敏感的;狡猾的;稀薄的; sparkle:v.闪烁;闪耀;生气勃勃;神采飞扬;n.闪烁(或闪耀)的光;生动新颖;亮点;
You can see how we're using the science -- the physics of water, light and movement -- to tether that artistic freedom. 你们可以看到我们是如何使用科学—— 水、光线和移动的物理特性—— 来与艺术的自由相联系。
But we are not beholden to it. 但是我们不会被它禁锢。
beholden:adj.负有义务的;蒙恩的;对…表示感谢的;
We considered each of these elements and which ones had to be scientifically accurate and which ones we could push and pull to suit the story and the mood. 我们会仔细考虑每一个元素, 然后决定哪些必须要达到科学准确度, 哪些为了故事情节和气氛可以妥协。
scientifically:adv.系统地;合乎科学地;学问上; accurate:adj.精确的;
We realized early on that color was one we had some leeway with. 我们在早期就意识到色彩就是一项有发挥空间的元素。
leeway:n.余地;风压差;偏航;落后;
So here's a traditionally colored underwater scene. 这是一个用传统色彩渲染方式制作的水下场景。
traditionally:adv.传统上;习惯上;传说上;
But here, we can take Sydney Harbor and push it fairly green to suit the sad mood of what's happening. 但是这儿,我们可以将悉尼港调整得非常绿 来配合正在发生的悲伤的气氛。
Harbor:n.港口;港湾;(比喻)避难所;[军]坦克掩蔽场;v.停泊;包含;隐匿;怀抱(恶意); fairly:adv.相当地;公平地;简直;
In this scene, it's really important we see deep into the underwater, so we understand what the East Australian Current is, that the turtles are diving into and going on this roller coaster ride. 在这个场景里,到深水下面去看真的非常重要, 这样我们就能理解东澳大利亚的洋流, 那些海龟正在潜入洋流,搭乘这个“过山车”。
turtles:n.海龟;龟;陆龟;水龟;鳖;(turtle的复数) diving:n.潜水;跳水;跳水运动;v.下潜;跳水;潜水;(dive的现在分词) roller coaster:过山车;
So we pushed the visibility of the water well past anything you would ever see in real life. 所以我们将水的能见度 推到一个你们在现实生活中从没见过的程度。
Because in the end, we are not trying to recreate the scientifically correct real world, we're trying to create a believable world, one the audience can immerse themselves in to experience the story. 因为最终, 我们并没有打算重建达到科学精准度的现实世界, 我们在尝试创造一个逼真的世界, 一个可以让观众融入到这个故事中的世界。
immerse:vt.沉浸;使陷入;
We use science to create something wonderful. 我们用科学去创造一些很棒的东西。
We use story and artistic touch to get us to a place of wonder. 通过故事和艺术修饰将我们带到一个神奇的地方。
This guy, WALL-E, is a great example of that. 这个瓦力,就是一个很好的例子。
He finds beauty in the simplest things. 他从最简单的事物中就能发现美。
But when he came in to lighting, we knew we had a big problem. 但到了给他布光的时候,我们发现了一个大问题。
We got so geeked-out on making WALL-E this convincing robot, that we made his binoculars practically optically perfect. 我们在制作瓦力这个逼真的机器人时进行了过于精准的处理, 我们把他的双筒眼睛做得近乎达到了光学上的完美。
convincing:adj.令人信服的; v.使确信; (convince的现在分词) binoculars:n.双筒望远镜; practically:adv.实际地;几乎;事实上; optically:adv.光学地;眼睛地;视力地;
(Laughter) (笑声)
His binoculars are one of the most critical acting devices he has. 他的双筒眼睛是它拥有的最关键的行动部件之一。
devices:n.[机][计]设备;[机]装置;[电子]器件(device的复数);
He doesn't have a face or even traditional dialogue, for that matter. 他没有脸,甚至没有传统的对话。
So the animators were heavily dependent on the binoculars to sell his acting and emotions . 因此动画制作者严重地依赖他的双筒眼睛 去展现他的行为和情感。
animators:n.动画家;赋予生气者(animator的复数); dependent on:依赖于;依靠; emotions:n.强烈的感情;激情;情感;(emotion的复数)
We started lighting and we realized the triple lenses inside his binoculars were a mess of reflections . 我们开始布光,然后我们意识到 他的双筒眼睛中的三层镜片导致光的反射十分混乱。
triple:adj.三部分的; n.三倍的数[量]; v.成为三倍; lenses:n.透镜;镜片;(眼球的)晶状体;(lens的复数) mess:n.混乱;餐厅;杂乱;肮脏;v.使不整洁;弄脏;弄乱;随地便溺; reflections:n.映像;(声、光、热等的)反射;反映;显示;表达;(reflection的复数)
He was starting to look glassy-eyed . 他开始看起来眼神呆滞。
glassy-eyed:adj.目光呆滞的;面无表情的;
(Laughter) (笑声)
Now, glassy-eyed is a fundamentally awful thing when you are trying to convince an audience that a robot has a personality and he's capable of falling in love. 现在问题来了,当你尝试说服一个观众 一个机器人是有个性的,而且他可以陷入爱河, 那么眼神呆滞就是一个致命的问题。
fundamentally:adv.从根本上;基础地;重要地 convince:v.使确信;使相信;说服,劝说; personality:n.性格;个性;人格;魅力;气质;名人;特色; capable:adj.能干的,能胜任的;有才华的;
So we went to work on these optically perfect binoculars, trying to find a solution that would maintain his true robot materials but solve this reflection problem. 所以我们在这些光学上完美的双筒眼睛上进行研究, 努力寻找一个可以维持他真实的机器人身份的材质, 同时又能解决反射问题的方案。
solution:n.解决方案;溶液;溶解;解答; maintain:v.维持;保持;维修;保养;坚持(意见);
So we started with the lenses. 所以我们从镜片上着手。
Here's the flat-front lens, we have a concave lens and a convex lens. 这是前面的平面镜, 后面有一个凹透镜, 最后是一个凸透镜。
concave:adj.凹的,凹面的;n.凹面;vt.使成凹形; convex:adj.凸面的;凸圆的;n.凸面体;凸状;
And here you see all three together, showing us all these reflections. 这里你们可以同时看到这三个, 向我们展示了所有的反射。
We tried turning them down, we tried blocking them, nothing was working. 我们试着关闭它们, 挡住它们, 但是没什么效果。
You can see here, sometimes we needed something specific reflected in his eyes -- usually Eve. 你们可以看到, 有时我们需要在他的眼睛里反射一些具体的东西—— 常常是伊娃。
specific:adj.特殊的,特定的;明确的;详细的;[药]具有特效的;n.特性;细节;特效药; reflected:adj.反射的;得自他人的;v.反射;思考;(reflect的过去式和过去分词)
So we couldn't just use some faked abstract image on the lenses. 所以我们不能只是在镜片上用一些虚假抽象的图像。
faked:v.伪造;冒充;假装,佯装,装出;(fake的过去分词和过去式) abstract:n.摘要; adj.抽象的; vt.摘要; vi.做摘要;
So here we have Eve on the first lens, we put Eve on the second lens, it's not working. 那么在这儿我们将伊娃投影在第一个镜片上, 还试着把它放到第二个镜片上, 都不起作用。
We turn it down , it's still not working. 我们将它关掉, 还是没用。
turn it down:调低;开小声一点;拒绝;将它下;
And then we have our eureka moment. 然后我们有了灵光一现的时刻。
eureka:int.有了!;找到了!;
We add a light to WALL-E that accidentally leaks into his eyes. 我们为瓦力添加了一个光源,光线无意中泄漏到了他的眼睛里。
accidentally:adv.意外地:偶然,偶然地; leaks:n.泄漏; v.漏水; (leak的第三人称单数)
You can see it light up these gray aperture blades . 你们可以看到它照亮了这些灰色的光圈叶片。
aperture:n.孔,穴;(照相机,望远镜等的)光圈,孔径;缝隙; blades:n.刀身;刀片;刀刃;叶片;桨叶;桨身;(blade的复数)
Suddenly, those aperture blades are poking through that reflection the way nothing else has. 突然,这些光圈叶片透过那个反射突显出来, 其他任何方式都达不到这种效果。
poking:v.捅;推;戳;探;露出;伸出;探出;(poke的现在分词)
Now we recognize WALL-E as having an eye. 现在我们可以看出瓦力有眼睛。
recognize:v.认识;认出;辨别出;承认;意识到;
As humans we have the white of our eye, the colored iris and the black pupil. 像我们人类有眼白部分, 有带色彩的虹膜 以及黑色的瞳孔。
iris:n.[植]鸢尾(花);[解]虹膜;[神]伊利斯;[名]艾丽斯;
Now WALL-E has the black of an eye, the gray aperture blades and the black pupil. 现在,瓦力有眼睛的黑色, 灰色的光圈叶片 和黑色的瞳孔。
Suddenly, WALL-E feels like he has a soul, like there's a character with emotion inside. 突然间,瓦力感觉他是有灵魂的, 就像这是一个有内心情感的角色。
Later in the movie towards the end, 在电影快结束的时候,
WALL-E loses his personality, essentially going dead. 瓦力失去了他的个性, 基本上说是快要死去了。
essentially:adv.本质上;本来;
This is the perfect time to bring back that glassy-eyed look. 这是将他呆滞的眼神带回来的完美时刻。
In the next scene, WALL-E comes back to life. 在下一个场景中,瓦力又活了过来。
We bring that light back to bring the aperture blades back, and he returns to that sweet, soulful robot we've come to love. 我们将那个光源弄回来重新照亮光圈叶片, 然后他变回了那个我们喜爱的甜美的,有灵魂的机器人。
soulful:adj.感情上的;高尚的;充满精神的;
(Video) WALL-E: Eva? (视频)瓦力:伊娃?
Danielle Feinberg: There's a beauty in these unexpected moments -- when you find the key to unlocking a robot's soul, the moment when you discover what you want to do with your life. 丹尼尔·范伯格:在这些无法预料的时刻中蕴含着一种美—— 当你发现如何解锁一个机器人的灵魂时, 当你知道了你的人生中要做什么时。
unexpected:adj.意外的,想不到的; unlocking:v.(用钥匙)开…的锁;发现;揭示;揭开;(unlock的现在分词)
The jellyfish in "Finding Nemo" was one of those moments for me. “海底总动员”中的水母对我来说也是这些时刻之一。
jellyfish:n.水母;[无脊椎]海蜇;软弱无能的人;
There are scenes in every movie that struggle to come together. 在每部电影里都有一些需要纠结一番才能完成的场景。
This was one of those scenes. 这就是那些场景之一。
The director had a vision for this scene based on some wonderful footage of jellyfish in the South Pacific. 导演对这个场景有一种期待, 他看过关于南太平洋中的水母的一些很棒的片段。
vision:n.视力;美景;幻象;想象力;v.想象;显现;梦见;
As we went along, we were floundering . 随着工作的深入, 我们开始变得焦头烂额。
floundering:v.不知所措;挠头;支吾;困难重重;艰苦挣扎;(flounder的现在分词)
The reviews with the director turned from the normal look-and-feel conversation into more and more questions about numbers and percentages . 导演的评审 从普通的观后感过渡到了 越来越多关于数字和百分比的问题。
reviews:n.综述; v.回顾; percentages:n.[数]百分率,百分比;命中率(percentage的复数);
Maybe because unlike normal, we were basing it on something in real life, or maybe just because we had lost our way. 也许因为和正常情况不同, 我们是基于一些真实生活来创作它, 或者也许只是因为我们失去了方向。
But it had become about using our brain without our eyes, the science without the art. 但这只是在使用我们的大脑而不是眼睛, 是使用了没有艺术性的科学。
That scientific tether was strangling the scene. 科学的束缚扼杀了场景。
strangling:v.扼死;掐死;抑制;压制;扼杀;(strangle的现在分词)
But even through all the frustrations , 但即使经历了所有的挫折,
frustrations:n.沮丧;受阻;阻止;挫败;(frustration的复数)
I still believed it could be beautiful. 我仍然相信它将是美丽的。
So when it came in to lighting, 因此当到了布光的时候,
I dug in. 我投入了全部的心血。
As I worked to balance the blues and the pinks, the caustics dancing on the jellyfish bells, the undulating fog beams, something promising began to appear. 随着我专注于蓝色和粉色的平衡, 散射的光线在钟形的水母上舞动, 起伏的雾化光束, 我开始看到了一些曙光。
undulating:adj.波状的;波浪起伏的;v.使波动(undulate的ing形式);使成波浪形;
I came in one morning and checked the previous night's work. 一天早上我进来检查头一天晚上的成果。
previous:adj.以前的;早先的;过早的;adv.在先;在…以前;
And I got excited. 然后我变得兴奋起来。
And then I showed it to the lighting director and she got excited. 接着我给灯光导演展示, 她也变得兴奋起来。
Soon, I was showing to the director in a dark room full of 50 people. 很快,我在一个坐满50个人的黑房间里给导演展示。
In director review, you hope you might get some nice words, then you get some notes and fixes, generally . 在导演的评审中, 你会希望可以得到一些积极评价, 然后通常你会得到一些解决问题的建议。
generally:adv.通常;普遍地,一般地;
And then, hopefully, you get a final, signaling to move on to the next stage. 然后,可能你还会得到一个最后的 进入到下一个阶段的信号。
signaling:n.发信号;打信号;
I gave my intro , and I played the jellyfish scene. 我做了介绍,播放了水母场景。
intro:n.介绍;简介;
And the director was silent for an uncomfortably long amount of time. 然而导演沉默好长一段时间,让我十分忐忑。
uncomfortably:adv.不舒适地;不自在地;令人不快地;
Just long enough for me to think, "Oh no, this is doomed ." 长得让我不得不想, “噢,不,看来没戏了。”
doomed:adj.注定的;命定的;v.使…注定失败(doom的过去分词和过去式)
And then he started clapping . 然而他开始鼓掌了。
clapping:v.鼓掌,拍手;击掌;(clap的现在分词)
And then the production designer started clapping. 然后制片设计师开始鼓掌。
And then the whole room was clapping. 接着整个房间的人都在鼓掌。
This is the moment that I live for in lighting. 这就是我为布光倾注心血所期待的时刻。
The moment where it all comes together and we get a world that we can believe in. 在所有部分都完成时, 就会得到一个逼真的世界。
We use math, science and code to create these amazing worlds. 我们用数学,科学,和编程来创作这些美轮美奂的世界。
We use storytelling and art to bring them to life. 我们用讲故事和艺术来赋予他们生命。
storytelling:n.讲故事;说谎话;adj.讲故事的;说谎的;
It's this interweaving of art and science that elevates the world to a place of wonder, a place with soul, a place we can believe in, a place where the things you imagine can become real -- and a world where a girl suddenly realizes not only is she a scientist, but also an artist. 艺术和科学的交织 将世界提升到了一个神奇的地点, 一个有灵魂的地方, 一个我们可以相信的地方, 一个让你美梦成真的地方—— 在这个世界中,一个女孩突然意识到 她不但是一名科学家, 还是一名艺术家。
interweaving:n.交织性;v.使交织;使混杂(interweave的ing形式); elevates:vt.提升;举起;振奋情绪等;提升…的职位;
Thank you. 谢谢。
(Applause) (鼓掌)