返回首页

DanBricklin_2016X-_与电子表格的发明人见个面_

How many of you have used an electronic spreadsheet , like Microsoft Excel ? 1990年,史蒂夫?乔布斯 1990年,史蒂夫?乔布斯
electronic:adj.电子的;电子器件的;电子设备的; spreadsheet:n.电子制表软件;电子数据表;试算表; Excel:v.超过;擅长;
Very good. 非常好。
Now, how many of you have run a business with a spreadsheet by hand, like my dad did for his small printing business in Philadelphia ? 那么,你们中又有多少人曾用手写电子表格经营过小企业, 就像我爸爸在费城开设小型印刷业务那样呢?
Philadelphia:n.费城(美国宾夕法尼亚州东南部港市);
A lot less. 少了很多。
Well, that's the way it was done for hundreds of years. 不过几百年来各种表格都是用手写的。
In early 1978, I started working on an idea that eventually became VisiCalc. 早在1978年,我就开始设想一个点子, 它最终变成了VisiCalc(第一款电子表格办公软件)。
eventually:adv.最后,终于;
And the next year it shipped running on something new called an Apple II personal computer . 第二年,它就开始在一个 叫做 Apple II 的个人笔记本电脑新产品上运行了。
personal computer:n.个人电脑;个人计算机;
You could tell that things had really changed when, six years later, the Wall Street Journal ran an editorial that assumed you knew what VisiCalc was and maybe even were using it. 这项发明为世界带来了巨大的改变,就在六年之后, 华尔街日报刊登了一篇报道, 说你一定知道VisiCalc是什么,你也许正在使用它。
Wall Street:n.华尔街(美国纽约金融中心和证券交易所所在地); Journal:n.杂志;日记;日志;(用于报纸名)…报; editorial:adj.编辑的;社论的;n.社论; assumed:adj.假定的;假设的;v.假定;假设;认为;承担;(assume的过去分词和过去式)
Steve Jobs back in 1990 said that " spreadsheets propelled the industry forward." 1990年,史蒂夫?乔布斯 曾说:“电子表格推动了产业发展。”
spreadsheets:n.电子表格;电子数据表;试算表;空白表格程序; propelled:adj.推进的;v.推动;驱使(propel的过去分词);
'"VisiCalc propelled the success of Apple more than any other single event." “VisiCalc推动了苹果的成功,它的作用胜过了任何其它单一事件。”
On a more personal note, 在一个更加私人的评论当中,
Steve said, "If VisiCalc had been written for some other computer, you'd be interviewing somebody else right now." 史蒂夫说:“如果VisiCalc是写给其他电脑公司的, 你们现在就该在采访其他人了吧。”
interviewing:v.对(某人)进行面试;(媒体)采访,访问;(interview的现在分词)
So, VisiCalc was instrumental in getting personal computers on business desks. 所以,把私人电脑搬上商业舞台,VisiCalc发挥了大作用。
instrumental:n.工具格;器乐曲;工具词;adj.起重要作用;用乐器演奏的;为乐器谱写的; on business:为了公事,出差;
How did it come about? 这一切是怎么发生的?
What was it? What did I go through to make it be what it was? 它是什么?我是如何将它变成这样的?
Well, I first learned to program back in 1966, when I was 15 — just a couple months after this photo was taken. 我第一次学会编程是在1966年,那是我只有15岁—— 大概是在拍了这张照片几个月之后。
Few high schoolers had access to computers in those days. 在那个年代,很少有高中生就能接触到电脑的。
But through luck and an awful lot of perseverance , 但是有了运气,加上无数坚持不懈的努力,
perseverance:n.坚持不懈;不屈不挠;n.耐性;毅力;
I was able to get computer time around the city. 我终于得到了在城市里使用电脑的机会。
After sleeping in the mud at Woodstock , I went off to MIT to go to college, where to make money, I worked on the Multics Project. 在伍德斯托克的乡野中过了一阵子之后,我去了麻省理工(MIT)上大学。 为了赚钱,我参与了Multics项目。
Woodstock:n.伍德斯托克音乐节(每年8月在纽约州东南部Woodstock举行的摇滚音乐节);
Multics was a trailblazing interactive time-sharing system. Multics是一个开创性的交互式分时系统。
trailblazing:adj.开拓性的;n.开拓;v.开拓(trailblaze的ing形式); interactive:adj.合作的;相互影响的;互相配合的;交互式的;n.交互式视频设备; time-sharing:n.分时;
Have you heard of the Linux and Unix operating systems? 你们听说过Linux和Unix操作系统吗?
Linux:n.Linux操作系统(一种类似于UNIX的计算机操作系统);
They came from Multics. 他们的前身就是Multics。
I worked on the Multics versions of what are known as interpreted computer languages, that are used by people in noncomputer fields to do their calculations while seated at a computer terminal . 我在Multics主要致力于研究 那些被非计算机领域的, 但是却要坐在电脑终端前进行计算的人们所使用的 所谓的解释型计算机语言。
interpreted:v.诠释;说明;把…理解为;领会;口译;(interpret的过去式和过去分词) terminal:n.终端;航站楼;终端机;航空终点站;adj.晚期的;不治的;致命的;患绝症的;
After I graduated from MIT, 从MIT毕业之后,
I went to work for Digital Equipment Corporation . 我去了数字设备公司(DEC)工作。
Digital:adj.数字的;手指的;n.数字;键; Corporation:n.法人;(大)公司;法人团体;市政委员会;
At DEC, I worked on software for the new area of computerized typesetting . 在DEC,我主攻一个用于 计算机新领域,文稿排版的软件。
computerized:adj.电脑的; v.用电子计算机控制(computerize的过去分词); typesetting:adj.排字用的;n.排字;
I helped newspapers replace their reporters' typewriters with computer terminals . 我帮助那些报社用电脑终端 代替记者们常用的打字机。
terminals:n.[计]终端;终端机;[电]接线端子;终止节点(terminal的复数);
I'd write software and then I'd go out in the field to places like the Kansas City Star, where I would train users and get feedback . 我编写软件, 并实地考察,去像《堪萨斯城明星报》这样的地方, 这那里,我训练那些用户,并得到反馈。
Kansas:n.堪萨斯州(美国州名); feedback:n.反馈;反馈意见;回授;[电子]反馈;
This was real-world experience that is quite different than what I saw in the lab at MIT. 这些实战经历 与我在MIT实验室里所体验到的大相径庭。
real-world:adj.现实生活的;工作的; different than:不同于;
After that, I was project leader of the software for DEC's first word processor , again a new field. 在那之后,我就成为了 DEC第一个文字处理器软件的项目主管,又是一个新领域。
word processor:na.[计]文字处理器;
Like with typesetting, the important thing was crafting a user interface that was both natural and efficient for noncomputer people to use. 和文稿排版软件一样,最重要的是做出一个 对于非计算机领域人士既自然,又高效的用户页面。
crafting:n.工艺;手工艺;v.精巧地制作;加工制作(craft的ing形式); interface:n.接口;人机界面;连接电路;v.连接; efficient:adj.有效率的;有能力的;生效的;
After I was at DEC, I went to work for a small company that made microprocessor-based electronic cash registers for the fast-food industry. 在DEC之后,我又去了一家小公司工作, 他们做的是快餐领域中基于微处理器的电子收银机。
registers:n.登记; v.登记; fast-food:adj.供应快餐的;n.快餐食品;
But I had always wanted to start a company with my friend Bob Frankston that I met on the Multics project at MIT. 但是我一直以来都想和我在MIT,Multics项目中认识的好友 鲍勃·弗兰克斯顿一起开一家公司。
So I decided to go back to school to learn as much as I could about business. 所以,我决定回到学校,尽我所能的学习一下商业经营。
And in the fall of 1977, 之后,在1977年的秋天,
I entered the MBA program at Harvard Business School . 我加入了哈佛商学院的MBA项目。
Harvard:n.哈佛大学;哈佛大学学生; Business School:n.(大学里针对毕业生的)工商学院;
I was one of the few percentage of students who had a background in computer programming. 我就是那一小部分 有计算机编程背景的学生之一。
percentage:n.百分比;百分率;利润的分成;提成;
There's a picture of me from the yearbook sitting in the front row. 这是年鉴中我的照片,我坐在前排。
yearbook:n.年鉴;年刊;(每年出版的)校刊;学校年刊;
(Laughter) (笑声)
Now, at Harvard, we learned by the case method. 在哈佛,我们是以案例分析的方式学习的。
We'd do about three cases a day. 我们每天大约做三个案例分析。
Cases consist of up to a few dozen pages describing particular business situations. 每个案例都是由好几十页纸组成的,描述了某个具体的企业经营情况。
consist:v.(与…)一致;并存;共存;由…组成; describing:v.描述;形容;把…称为;做…运动;(describe的现在分词)
They often have exhibits , and exhibits often have words and numbers laid out in ways that make sense for the particular situation. 它们通常会有演释,这些演释中经常会有一些字母和数字, 而它们的排列只在特定的情况下才有意义。
exhibits:n.展览(exhibit的复数);陈列品;v.展览;陈列(exhibit的第三人称单数); have words:争吵; make sense:有意义;讲得通;言之有理;
They're usually all somewhat different. 它们通常都是完全不同的。
somewhat:n.几分;某物;adv.有点;多少;几分;稍微;
Here's my homework. 这是我的作业。
Again, numbers, words, laid out in ways that made sense. 又是数字,字母,以一种有意义的方式排列。
Lots of calculations — we got really close to our calculators . 计算量非常大——我们的效率都快接近计算器了。
calculators:n.[计]计算器(calculator的复数);
In fact, here's my calculator. 事实上,这是我当时用的计算器。
For Halloween , I went dressed up as a calculator. 在万圣节,我还穿成了计算器的模样。
Halloween:n.万圣节前夕
(Laughter) (笑声)
At the beginning of each class, the professor would call on somebody to present the case. 在每节课的开始,教授都会叫一个人 去汇报案例。
At the beginning of:在…的开始;
What they would do is they would explain what was going on and then dictate information that the professor would transcribe onto the many motorized blackboards in the front of the class, and then we'd have a discussion. 他们通常会介绍一下案例, 然后口述一下信息,教授就会把信息转录到 教室最前方的电动黑板上, 然后我们会就此展开讨论。
dictate:v.决定;口述;支配;强行规定;n.规定;命令; transcribe:vt.转录;抄写; motorized:adj.摩托化的;机动化的;v.使…机械化(motorize的过去分词);
One of the really frustrating things is when you've done all your homework, you come in the next day only to find out that you made an error and all of the other numbers you did were wrong. 最令人沮丧的事情之一就是当你做完了所有的作业, 然而第二天早上一来,发现出了一个小错误, 然后其它的数据就跟着都算错了。
frustrating:adj.令人沮丧的;v.使沮丧;(frustrate的现在分词)
And you couldn't participate as well. 这样你就没法参与课堂讨论了。
participate:v.参加;参与;
And we were marked by class participation . 可是我们是根据课堂参与度打分的。
participation:n.参与;分享;参股;
So, sitting there with 87 other people in the class, I got to daydream a lot. 所以,跟着其它87个人同坐在一个教室里,我经常开小差。
daydream:vi.做白日梦;n.白日梦;
Most programmers in those days worked on mainframes , building things like inventory systems, payroll systems and bill-paying systems. 那个年代,大多数的程序员都是主攻中央处理器的, 建造一些像是库存系统,工资系统或是账单处理系统之类的。
mainframes:n.大型主机(mainframe的复数形式); inventory:n.存货,存货清单;详细目录;财产清册; payroll:n.工资单;
But I had worked on interactive word processing and on-demand personal computation . 但是我曾在互动语言处理 和按需个人计算领域工作过。
word processing:n.文字信息处理; computation:n.估计,计算;
Instead of thinking about paper printouts and punch cards, 我没有考虑打印纸或是穿孔纸,
printouts:[计]打印输出; punch:n.冲床; v.拳打; (用打孔器等)打孔;
I imagined a magic blackboard that if you erased one number and wrote a new thing in, all of the other numbers would automatically change, like word processing with numbers. 而是想象出了一个神奇的黑板, 只要擦掉一个数字,然后再写一个新的进去, 所有其它的数据都会跟着自动改变, 就像是数字领域的文字处理过程。
erased:v.清除;消除;消灭;擦掉,抹掉(erase的过去分词和过去式) automatically:adv.自动地;机械地;无意识地;adj.不经思索的;
I imagined that my calculator had mouse hardware on the bottom of it and a head-up display , like in a fighter plane. 我想象我的计算器能在底部有鼠标和硬件, 上方还有个显示屏,就像是一架战斗机。
hardware:n.计算机硬件;五金器具; display:n.显示;炫耀;vt.显示;表现;陈列;vi.[动]作炫耀行为;adj.展览的;陈列用的;
And I could type some numbers in, and circle it, and press the sum button. 这样,我就可以输一些数字进去,然后圈中它,按下求和键。
And right in the middle of a negotiation I'd be able to get the answer. 这样,在谈判桌上我们就能够得到结果了。
negotiation:n.谈判;转让;顺利的通过;
Now I just had to take my fantasy and turn it into reality. 现在,我只需要把我的理想变为现实了。
fantasy:n.幻想; adj.虚幻的; v.空想;
My father taught me about prototyping . 我父亲教会了我如何设计原型。
prototyping:n.[计]样机研究;原型设计;
He showed me mock-ups that he'd make to figure out the placement on the page for the things for brochures that he was printing. 他给我展示了那种为了找到 小册子上正确印刷位置 而制作的模型。
mock-ups:n.伪装工事;实物模型; brochures:n.[印刷][图情]小册子(brochure的复数);
And he'd use it to get feedback from customers and OKs before he sent the job off to the presses. 他使用这些模型去收集来自用户的反馈, 当得到好的回复时,他就把他的作品送到印刷厂。
The act of making a simple, working version of what you're trying to build forces you to uncover key problems. 试图去建立一种简单的,可用的版本的行为 迫使你去揭露那些关键问题。
uncover:v.揭开盖子;发现;揭露;揭发;
And it lets you find solutions to those problems much less expensively . 而且这也使你能够更加低成本的解决那些问题。
expensively:adv.昂贵地;乱花钱地;
So I decided to build a prototype . 所以我决定去建造一台原型机。
prototype:n.原型;雏形;最初形态;
I went to a video terminal connected to Harvard's time-sharing system and got to work. 我前往了一个连接在哈佛分时系统里的视频终端 并开始了工作。
One of the first problems that I ran into was: 我遇到的最基本的一个问题就是:
How do you represent values in formulas ? 如何表达算式中的数值呢?
represent:v.代表;表现;描绘;回忆;再赠送; formulas:n.[数]公式;配方;规则(formula的复数);
Let me show you what I mean. 我来解释一下。
I thought that you would point somewhere, type in some words, then type in some somewhere else, put in some numbers and some more numbers, point where you want the answer. 我想象你会指向某个方向, 输入某个单词,然后在另一个位置, 放进一些数字,更多的数字,指一下你想要得到结果的地方。
And then point to the first, press minus , point to the second, and get the result. 指向第一个数字,放上减号,再指向第二个数字, 然后得到结果。
minus:prep.减,减去;n.负号,减号;不足;负数;adj.减的;负的;
The problem was: What should I put in the formula? 问题在于:我应该把什么放进公式里呢?
It had to be something the computer knew what to put in. 这就需要电脑去知道该把什么东西放进去
And if you looked at the formula, you needed to know where on the screen it referred to. 而当你看见公式的时候, 你就需要知道在屏幕上它所代表的位置含义。
referred:v.提到;引用;认为;指示;涉及;(refer的过去式和过去分词)
The first thing I thought was the programmer way of doing it. 我最初想到的是以一种程序员的方式去做这件事。
The first time you pointed to somewhere, the computer would ask you to type in a unique name. 当第一次你指向一个位置的时候, 电脑会要求你输入一个特殊的名称。
unique:adj.独特的,稀罕的;[数]唯一的;n.独一无二的人或物;
It became pretty clear pretty fast that that was going to be too tedious . 而很快事情就变得清晰起来了,这个过程太单调乏味了。
tedious:adj.沉闷的;冗长乏味的;
The computer had to automatically make up the name and put it inside. 电脑要能够自动的编译名称并把它放进所指定的位置。
So I thought, why not make it be the order in which you create them? 所以我就想,为什么不让他们以一种你们创造他们的顺序排列?
I tried that. Value 1, value 2. 我尝试了。数值1,数值2。
Pretty quickly I saw that if you had more than a few values you'd never remember on the screen where things were. 然后,很快我就意识到了,如果你的数字很多, 要想记住它们在屏幕上的位置是根本不可能的。
Then I said, why not instead of allowing you to put values anywhere, 然后我就说,为什么不让你们随便把数值放在哪里,
I'll restrict you to a grid ? 然后我来用一个表格进行限制?
restrict:v.限制;约束;阻碍;束缚; grid:n.网格;格子,栅格;输电网;
Then when you pointed to a cell, the computer could put the row and column in as a name. 然后当你指向一个单元格, 电脑就会自动生成携带名字的行与列。
column:n.栏目,纵队;
And, if I did it like a map and put ABC across the top and numbers along the side, if you saw B7 in a formula, you'd know exactly where it was on the screen. 然后,如果我把它做的和地图一样,在顶上横向生成ABC,侧面纵向生成数字, 那么当你在公式中看到B7时, 你就会准确的知道它在屏幕中的位置了。
And if you had to type the formula in yourself, you'd know what to do. 如果你必须要手动输入公式的时候,你也会知道该怎么做。
Restricting you to a grid helped solve my problem. 把这些都限制在表格当中解决了我的问题。
Restricting:n.整形,限制;扼流;v.限制(restrict的ing形式);
It also opened up new capabilities, like the ability to have ranges of cells. 这也开启了一些新的功能,比如设定单元格的操作范围。
But it wasn't too restrictive — you could still put any value, any formula, in any cell. 但是它并非很死板—— 你仍旧可以把任何值,任何公式放进任意的单元格当中。
And that's the way we do it to this day , almost 40 years later. 这就是我们一直到今天都在做的,将近40年之后。
to this day:至今;
My friend Bob and I decided that we were going to build this product together. 我的朋友鲍勃和我决定要一起制作这个产品。
I did more work figuring out exactly how the program was supposed to behave . 我花了更多的时间去研究这个程序究竟该如何运作。
supposed:adj.误信的;所谓的;v.认为;假设;设想;(suppose的过去分词和过去式) behave:v.表现;(机器等)运转;举止端正;(事物)起某种作用;
I wrote a reference card to act as documentation . 我还写了一篇参考文档,用作记录。
reference:n.参考,提及;参考书目;证明书;v.引用; documentation:n.文件,证明文件,史实,文件编制;
It also helped me ensure that the user interface I was defining could be explained concisely and clearly to regular people. 这也帮助了我确保我所定义的用户界面 可以向普通人简洁,清晰地阐述。
ensure:vt.保证,确保;使安全; defining:v.解释(词语)的含义;给(词语)下定义;阐明;界定;(define的现在分词) concisely:adv.简明地,简洁地;
Bob worked in the attic of the apartment he rented in Arlington , Massachusetts. 鲍勃是在马萨诸塞州阿灵顿市租的公寓小阁楼上工作的。
attic:n.阁楼;顶楼;鼓室上的隐窝; Arlington:n.阿林顿(美国马萨诸塞州一城市);
This is the inside of the attic. 这就是小阁楼的内部。
Bob bought time on the MIT Multics System to write computer code on a terminal like this. 鲍勃购买了MIT,Multics的分时系统, 用于在像这样的终端上书写代码。
And then he would download test versions to a borrowed Apple II over a phone line using an acoustic coupler , and then we would test. 然后他就会使用声音耦合器,通过电话线 将测试版本下载到借来的Apple II电脑上, 然后我们就会测试它。
acoustic:adj.声学的;音响的;听觉的;n.原声乐器;不用电传音的乐器; coupler:n.[电子]耦合器;联结器;
For one of these tests I prepared for this case about the Pepsi Challenge. 我准备的测试之一就是百事挑战。
Pepsi:n.[食品]百事可乐(一种饮料的商标名称);
Print wasn't working yet, so I had to copy everything down. 那时还没法打印,所以我只能将所有东西抄录下来。
Save wasn't working, so every time it crashed, 当时也没有保存功能,所以每次程序崩溃时,
I had to type in all of the formulas again, over and over again . 我都必须将所有的公式都一遍又一遍地重输进去。
over and over again:adv.一再地;反复不断地;
The next day in class, I raised my hand; I got called on, and I presented the case. 第二天在课堂上,我举起了我的手;我被叫到了台上展示案例。
I did five-year projections . I did all sorts of different scenarios . 我做了一个五年的预测。我做了各种各样的情景预期。
projections:n.预测;设想;投影;投影图;(projection的复数) scenarios:n.情节;脚本;情景介绍(scenario的复数);
I aced the case. VisiCalc was already useful. 我成功的做出了这个案例,VisCalc已经很有用了。
aced:v.发球直接得分(ace的过去分词);
The professor said, "How did you do it?" 教授就问,“你是怎么做出来的?”
Well, I didn't want to tell him about our secret program. 不过,我不想告诉他我们的秘密项目。
(Laughter) (笑声)
So I said, "I took this and added this and multiplied by this and subtracted that." 所以我就说,“我选取这个,加上这个, 然后乘以这个,然后再减去那个。”
multiplied:v.乘;乘以;成倍增加;(使)繁殖,增殖;(multiply的过去分词和过去式) subtracted:n.无进位加减法器;v.减去;去掉(subtract的过去分词);
He said, "Well, why didn't you use a ratio?" 他说,“好吧,你为什么不用比率呢?”
I said, "Hah! A ratio — that wouldn't have been as exact!" 我说,“哈!因为用比率就没有那么准确了!”
What I didn't say was, "Divide isn't working yet." 但我没有说的是:“除法暂时还不好用。”
(Laughter) (笑声)
Eventually, though, we did finish enough of VisiCalc to be able to show it to the public. 最后,总而言之,我们确实把VisCalc做的足够完整了, 可以把它向大众展示了。
My dad printed up a sample reference card that we could use as marketing material. 我父亲就把参考文档的小样打印了出来。 我们就把它当作我们的宣传材料。
In June of 1979, our publisher announced VisiCalc to the world, in a small booth at the giant National Computer Conference in New York City. 在1979年的六月,我们的出版商在纽约大型计算机会议上的 一个小摊位上,把VisCalc介绍给了全世界。
publisher:n.出版者,出版商;发行人; giant:n.巨人;伟人;巨兽;adj.巨大的;特大的 Conference:n.会议;研讨会;商讨会;体育协会(或联合会)
The New York Times had a humorous article about the conference. 纽约时代周刊为这次的会议写了一篇趣评。
humorous:adj.诙谐的,幽默的;滑稽的,可笑的;
'"The machines perform what seem religious rites ... “机器正在表演看似宗教仪式的东西……
perform:v.表演;执行;履行;演出;工作,运转(好/不好); religious:adj.宗教的;虔诚的;严谨的;修道的;n.修道士;尼姑; rites:n.仪式(rite的复数);
Even as the believers gather, the painters in the Coliseum sign room are adding to the pantheon , carefully lettering 'VISICALC' in giant black on yellow. 信徒们不断聚集而来, 画家们不断聚集到大型场所,加入圣殿, 仔细地在巨大的黄板上写下巨大黑色的‘VISCALC’字样。
believers:n.信徒;相信的人;(believer的复数) Coliseum:n.竞技场;大剧场;大体育馆(等于colosseum); pantheon:n.万神殿;名流群;
All hail VISICALC!" 所有人都在为VISCALC喝彩!”
hail:n.冰雹; v.致敬;
(Gasp) New York Times: "All hail VISICALC." 那可是纽约时报啊:“所有人都在喝彩,VISCALC!”
(Laughter) (笑声)
That was the last mention of the electronic spreadsheet in the popular business press for about two years. 这也是最后一次一个电子表格 能在流行商业新闻中红两年。
Most people didn't get it yet. 大多数人还不是很理解。
But some did. 但是有些人理解了。
In October of 1979, we shipped VisiCalc. 在1979年10月,我们发售了VisCalc。
It came in packaging that looked like this. 它的包装刚到的时候是这样的。
And it looked like this running on the Apple II. 当它在Apple II上运行的时候是这样的。
And the rest, as they say, is history. 剩下的,按照他们的说法,就是历史了。
Now, there's an awful lot more to this story, but that'll have to wait for another day. 现在,这个故事还有好大一截子呢, 但是我只能留到过两天再说了。
One thing, though, Harvard remembers. 尽管如此,但是有一点,哈佛还记得这事。
Here's that classroom. 这就是当时的教室。
They put up a plaque to commemorate what happened there. 他们居然竖了块儿牌子来纪念当时这儿发生的事。
plaque:n.匾;血小板;饰板; commemorate:vt.庆祝,纪念;成为…的纪念;
(Applause) (掌声)
But it also serves as a reminder that you, too, should take your unique backgrounds, skills and needs and build prototypes to discover and work out the key problems, and through that, change the world. 但这也是一个提醒, 那就是,你们一样,也能够运用你们的特殊背景,技能和需求 去设计原型,并发现,解决那些关键问题, 然后通过这一切,改变这个世界。
prototypes:n.原型;技术原型;雏型;
Thank you. 谢谢。
(Applause) (掌声)