|
|
Coco.2017-寻梦环游记
|
Sometimes, I think I'm cursed . |
有时候 我觉得我被诅咒了 |
cursed:adj.被诅咒的;讨厌的;v.诅咒;咒骂;(curse的过去分词和过去式)
|
Because of something that happened before I was even born. |
因为一些在我出生之前发生的事 |
See, a long time ago, there was this family. |
很久以前 有这么一家人 |
The papa, he was a musician. |
爸爸是一个音乐家 |
He and his family would sing and dance and count their blessings . |
他和他的家人一起唱歌跳舞 过得很幸福 |
blessings:n.祝福(blessing复数);
|
But he also had a dream. To play for the world. |
可是爸爸有个梦想 要唱歌给全世界听 |
And one day, he left with his guitar and never returned. |
有一天 他背着他的吉他离开了 再也没有回来 |
And the mama... |
而妈妈 |
She didn't have time to cry over that walk-away musician. |
她没时间为爸爸的离开而伤心难过 |
After banishing all music from her life she found a way to provide for her daughter. |
抛弃了生命中所有的音乐后 她想了个办法继续养活自己的女儿 |
banishing:v.放逐;流放;驱逐出境;赶走;(banish的现在分词) provide for:供养,供给;规定;为…作准备;
|
She rolled up her sleeves and she learned to make shoes. |
她卷起了袖子 学习怎么做鞋子 |
sleeves:n.[服装]袖子; v.给…装袖子; (sleeve的单三形式)
|
She could have made candy, or fireworks , or sparkly underwear for wrestlers , but no, she chose shoes. |
她明明可以学做糖果 或者烟花 或者给摔跤手穿的闪亮裤子 但是不 她偏偏选了鞋子 |
fireworks:n.烟花;烟火表演;激烈的言辞;令人激动的行动;(firework的复数) sparkly:adj.耀眼的; wrestlers:n.摔角选手(wrestler的复数);
|
Then she taught her daughter to make shoes. |
后来她教女儿怎么做鞋子 |
And later, she taught her son-in-law . |
然后又教会了她的女婿 |
son-in-law:n.女婿;
|
Then her grandkids got roped in. |
她的孙辈也不例外 |
grandkids:n.(外)孙;(外)孙女;(grandkid的复数)
|
As her family grew, so did the business. |
随着家族日渐壮大 生意也越做越大 |
Music had torn her family apart. |
音乐曾经让她的家族分崩离析 |
But shoes held them all together. |
但是鞋子又帮她建家立业 |
You see, that woman was my great-great-grandmother, Mama Imelda. |
那个女人 就是我的曾曾奶奶 伊美黛 |
She died way before I was born. |
我出生之前很久她就死了 |
But my family still tells her story every year on Dia de los Muertos... |
但是每年亡灵节 我们家 还是会讲她的故事 |
the Day of the Dead. |
这是纪念逝者的节日 |
And her little girl, she's my great-grandmother , Mama Coco . |
她的小女儿 就是我的曾祖母 可可曾奶奶 |
great-grandmother:n.曾祖母;外曾祖母; Coco:n.椰子(果);椰子树(等于coconutpalm);脑袋;adj.椰子壳的纤维所制的;
|
Hola, Mama Coco. |
你好 可可曾奶奶 |
How are you, Julio? |
你好吗 胡里奥 |
Actually, my name is Miguel. |
其实我的名字叫米格尔 |
Mama Coco has trouble remembering things. |
可可曾奶奶记性不太好了 |
But it's good to talk to her anyway. |
但是我还是很喜欢和她聊天 |
So, I tell her pretty much everything. |
我几乎所有事都和她说 |
I used to run like this. |
我以前这样跑步 |
But now I run like this which is way faster. |
但现在我这样跑步快多了 |
And the winner is Luchadora Coco! |
胜利者是 超级无敌的可可曾奶奶 |
I have a dimple on this side, but not on this side. |
我这边有个酒窝 这边没有 |
dimple:vt.使起涟漪;使现酒窝;n.酒窝;涟漪;浅凹;vi.出现酒窝;起涟漪;
|
Dimple, no dimple. Dimple, no dimple. |
有酒窝没酒窝 有酒窝没酒窝 |
Miguel, eat your food. |
米格尔 好好吃你的 |
My abuelita, she's Mama Coco's daughter. |
我的奶奶 她是可可曾奶奶的女儿 |
Oh, you're a twig , mijo. Have some more. |
你太瘦了 孩子 多吃点 |
twig:v.理解;n.小枝;嫩枝;末梢;
|
No, gracias. |
不用了 谢谢 |
I asked if you would like more tamales ! |
我问过你要不要再来点玉米粉蒸肉 |
tamales:n.(墨西哥的)玉米面包卷的辣味肉饼;(tamale的复数)
|
Sí? |
好吧 |
That's what I thought you said! |
我记得你就是这么说的 |
Abuelita runs our house just like Mama Imelda did. |
奶奶和伊美黛老祖宗 当年一样管理这个家族 |
No music! |
不准有音乐 |
No music! |
不准有音乐 |
No music! |
不准有音乐 |
I think we're the only family in Mexico who hates music. |
我觉得我们是墨西哥唯一一个 讨厌音乐的家族 |