|
|
Clifford.The.Big.Red.Dog.2021-大红狗克里弗
|
This is a story that takes place on an island full of wonder. |
这是一个发生在一座充满奇迹的小岛上的故事 |
The story of two lost souls searching for one another, although they don't know that yet. |
一个两个迷失的灵魂寻找彼此的故事 不过他们现在还不知道 |
Because, you see, no matter how alone or out of place one feels, magic is all around us if you just know where to look. |
因为 你看 无论一个人感到多么孤单或格格不入 只要知道去何处寻找 魔法就在我们身边 |
out of place:adj.不合适的;不相称的;不在适当的位置;
|
Easy, girl. |
放轻松 小美女 |
Hey, Mama. Good girl. |
狗妈妈你好 好姑娘 |
Come on. We're gonna take good care of you. |
我们一定会好好照顾你的 |
Come on. |
走吧 |
Let's go, gang . We're going to the pound. |
走吧 宝贝们 我带你们去收容所 |
gang:n.一群; v.(英)去;
|
Come on, girl, you're okay. |
走吧 没事的 |
Come on, girl. |
快跟上 |
Hey, Food Stamp . |
你好啊 食品券 |
Food Stamp:n.(政府发给贫民的)食物券;
|
New girl. |
她是新来的 |
The last tenant put the unit on Airbnb . |
上一个租户把房子挂到爱彼迎上 |
tenant:n.房客;租户;佃户;v.(作为租赁者)居住; Airbnb:寻找奇居;爱本卜(一个网站);
|
We don't play that 'cause we got rules. |
我们不能这样 因为我们有规矩 |
No subletting , no water beds and no pets. |
不能转租 不能有水床 不能养宠物 |
subletting:n.分包;转租;v.转租(sublet的ing形式);
|
Y'all got that? |
明白吗 |
Absolutely , Mr. Packard. We won't even drink water in bed. |
当然 帕卡德先生 连在床上喝水我们都不会 |
Absolutely:adv.绝对地;完全地;
|
Hey, 5-C! |
5C的 |
If your mama wants her dishwasher repaired, tell her try a little grease . |
如果你妈妈想修洗碗机 告诉她试试加点润滑油 |
dishwasher:n.洗碗工;洗碟机; grease:v.涂脂于;贿赂;n.油脂;贿赂;
|
She'll know what I'm talking about. |
她会明白我在讲什么的 |
O-Okay, Mr. Packard. |
好的 帕卡德先生 |
Yes, I know it's important and I wouldn't ask unless- |
我知道这很重要 我也不想开这个口 只不过... |
Hey, mom. |
妈妈 |
Yeah, okay, I understand. |
好的 我能理解 |
Yeah, I'll figure it out. Okay, yeah. Thanks. |
我在想想办法 好的 谢谢 |
Packard wants a bribe for the dishwasher. |
帕卡德想在洗碗机上拿点好处 |
bribe:v.贿赂,收买;n.贿赂;
|
Splendid! Just grab a stack of hundreds. |
棒极了 随便拿一叠百元大钞给他 |
grab:v.攫取;霸占;将…深深吸引;n.攫取;霸占;夺取之物; stack:n.堆栈;一摞;大量;许多;v.(使)放成整齐的一叠(或一摞,一堆);
|
I think they're over there by the gold bars that Aunt Irene left us in this rent-controlled flat. |
钱应该就在这间租金管控的公寓里 艾琳姨妈给我们留下的金条旁 |
How was your day, sweetheart ? |
今天过得怎么样 宝贝 |
sweetheart:n.亲爱的;甜心;爱人;心上人
|
Somewhere between abysmal and atrocious . |
介于糟糕透顶和惨不忍睹之间吧 |
abysmal:adj.深不可测的;糟透的;极度的; atrocious:adj.凶恶的,残暴的;
|
Those are two beautiful words, which you probably wouldn't use if you didn't go to such a good school. |
这两个可是高级词汇 不上这么好的学校 你可学不到 |
Great! |
太好了 |
I'll have an epic vocabulary to use in my upcoming decades of therapy . |
那之后几十年的心理治疗 我都有登峰造极的词语库了 |
epic:adj.史诗的,叙事诗的;n.史诗;叙事诗;史诗般的作品; upcoming:adj.即将来临的; therapy:n.治疗,疗法;
|
Okay. It is hard being the new kid at school. |
好了 你刚转学来到一所新的学校是不容易 |
Those other girls still bothering you? |
那几个女生还在烦你吗 |
bothering:v.使某人烦恼或担忧;打扰;(bother的现在分词)
|
It's mostly just this one girl, Florence. |
主要就是一个女生 弗洛伦斯 |
She calls me "Food Stamp. - "Why? |
她一直叫我 食品券 -为什么 |
Maybe because I'm on scholarship , or I'm small, or because we just moved here from upstate . |
可能是因为我拿奖学金 或者因为我很矮小 又或许因为我们是从穷乡僻壤搬过来的 |
scholarship:n.奖学金;学问;学识;学术成就; upstate:adj.北部的;偏僻的;n.州的北部;adv.在州的北部;在州内远离大城市地区;
|
I don't know. |
我也不知道 |
Well, you're different to those other kids at school. |
你和其他学生不一样 |
That's good. |
这是件好事 |
You know, people who are unique , they're the ones that change the world. |
可以改变世界的人 都是独一无二的 |
unique:adj.独特的,稀罕的;[数]唯一的;n.独一无二的人或物;
|
Great! I'll tell Florence that. |
那好 我就这么告诉弗洛伦斯 |
Just let me call her mother. |
让我给她妈妈打个电话 |