返回首页

CarolineLavelle_FartherthantheSun_2005-_caroline_lavelle演奏大提琴_

Thank you very much. 非常感谢。
Now, I've got a story for you. 现在我有个故事要将给你们听。
When I arrived off the plane, after a very long journey from the West of England, my computer, my beloved laptop , had gone mad, and had -- oh! -- a bit like that! -- and the display on it -- anyway, the whole thing had bust . 我长途跋涉从英格兰西部赶来 当我下飞机时, 发现我的电脑,我心爱的笔记本电脑, 像发疯一样出故障了。 然后——噢!——就像刚才那样! 然后显示屏上-- 不管怎样, 整个都坏掉了.
journey:n.旅行;行程;vi.旅行; beloved:adj.心爱的;挚爱的;n.心爱的人;亲爱的教友; laptop:n.便携式电脑;笔记本电脑; display:n.显示;炫耀;vt.显示;表现;陈列;vi.[动]作炫耀行为;adj.展览的;陈列用的; bust:n.(石或金属的)半身像; v.打破; adj.破碎;
And I went to the IT guys here and a gentleman mended my computer, and then he said, "What are you doing here?" 然后我找到这里的IT人员, 一位绅士帮我修好了电脑 然后他问道, 你是来这里做什么?
mended:v.修改(mend的过去式);
and I said "I'm playing the cello and I'm doing a bit of singing," 我说 我要演奏大提琴 还有我会唱一些歌曲,
cello:n.大提琴;
and he said, "Oh, I sort of play the cello as well." 然后他说“噢,其实我也算会拉大提琴。”
And I said, "Do you really?" 然后我问,“真的吗?”
Anyway, so you're in for a treat , because he's fantastic , and his name's Mark. 不管怎样, 你得把这当作一件乐事, 因为他真是棒极了, 他名叫马克.
treat:v.治疗;处理;招待;款待;n.款待;乐事;乐趣; fantastic:奇异的,空想的
(Applause) (掌声)
I am also joined by my partner in crime, Thomas Dolby. 还有我的“同犯”,Thomas Dolby
(Applause) (掌声)
This song is called "Farther than the Sun." 这首歌的名字是“比太阳更遥远”
(Music) (音乐)
? Strung in the wind I called you ? 在串起的微风中我呼唤你
Strung:v.捆扎,系上(string的过去式和过去分词);收紧; in the wind:即将发生;在进行;
? but you did not hear ... ? 但你听不到
? And you're a plant that needs poor soil ? 你是个犁,需要贫瘠的土壤
? and I have treated you too well ? 可我对你太好
treated:v.以…态度对待;把…看作;(treat的过去分词和过去式)
? to give up flowers ... ? 还是想给你鲜花盛开的丰饶
? Oh, I have been too rich for you ... ? 噢, 我一直以来对你太好...
? Farther than the sun from me ? 比太阳离我更遥远
? Farther than I'd have you be ? 比我曾拥有的过去更遥远
? And I go north, I get so cold ? 当我向北,我感到寒冷
? My heart is lava under stone ? 我的心是石层下的岩浆
lava:n.火山岩浆;火山所喷出的熔岩;
? You are not worthy ? 你根本不值得
worthy:adj.值得的; n.杰出人物;
? You are not worthy ... ? 你根本不值得 ...
? With your calculating eyes ? 在你诡秘多端的眼中
? spinning figures ? 编织着轮廓
spinning:n.纺纱(手艺):纺线v.(使)旋转:纺线:纺纱;(spin的现在分词)
? you cannot see me. ? 你看不到我.
? You cannot see me ... ? 你看不到我...
? And if I tell myself enough ? 如果我对自己说已经够了
? I'll believe it. ? 我会相信.
? You are not worthy. ? 你不值得.
? The sea, it freezes over ... ? 海面, 它已经冻结 ...
? to trap the light ? 去捕捉光亮
trap:v.使陷入困境;卡住;夹住;收集;吸收;n.陷阱;圈套;捕捉器;诡计;
? And I'm in love with being in love ? 而我爱这沉浸在爱中的感觉
being in love:恋爱;恋爱中的;拍拖;
? and you were never quite the one ? 而你从来不是我像要的
? In Gerda's eyes ? 在Gerda的眼中
? Fragments of what you've become ? 撕碎你所成为的样子
Fragments:n.碎片(fragment的复数);片断;[计]分段;v.破碎(fragment的三单形式);打碎;
? And all the moths that fly at night ? 在夜晚翱翔的那些日子
moths:n.飞蛾,蛾(moth的复数);
? believe electric light is bright ? 相信这电灯的光亮
electric:n.供电;adj.电的;用电的;电动的;发电的;
? You are not worthy ? 你不值得
? You are not worthy ? 你不值得
? With your calculating eyes ? 在你诡秘多端的眼中
? Spinning figures ? 编织着轮廓
? You cannot see me, no ? 你看不到我,不
? And if I tell myself enough ? 而我对自己说该停下了
? I'll believe it. ? 我会相信
? You're not worthy. ? 你不值得
? Farther than the sun from me ? 比太阳离我更加遥远
? Farther than I'd have you be ? 比我拥有的曾经更加遥远
? And I go north, I get so cold ? 当我向北我感到寒冷
? My heart is lava under stone ? 我的心如同石层下的岩浆
? You are not worthy ? 你不值得
? You are not worthy ? 你不值得
? With your calculating eyes ? 在你诡计多端的眼中
? Spinning figures ? 编织着轮廓
? You cannot see me, no ... ? 你看不到我,不
? And if I tell myself enough, I'll believe it. ? 而我对自己说该停下了,我会相信
(Applause) (掌声)
Thank you very much. 谢谢