|
|
CarlosMoreno_2020T-_15_分钟城市_-
|
For too long, those of us who live in cities big and small have accepted the unacceptable . |
长久以来,无论是生活在 大城市还是小城市里的我们—— 都已经接受了无法接受的现状。 |
We accept that in cities our sense of time is warped , because we have to waste so much of it just adapting to the absurd organization and long distances of most of today's cities. |
我们接受了这样的事实: 在城市中,我们的时间观念退化了, 因为我们不得不浪费大量时间来 适应今天大多数城市极不合理的结构规划 和不同地点之间遥远的距离。 |
unacceptable:adj.不能接受(或允许、同意)的; warped:adj.弯曲的;反常的;v.弄歪(warp的过去式和过去分词); adapting:v.使适应,使适合;适应;改编;改写;(adapt的现在分词) absurd:adj.荒谬的;可笑的;n.荒诞;荒诞作品; organization:n.组织;机构;体制;团体;
|
Why is it we who have to adapt and to degrade our potential quality of life? |
我们为什么不得不适应这些不便, 并降低自己的潜在生活质量? |
Why is it not the city that responds to our needs? |
为什么不让城市 反过来满足我们的需要? |
Why have we left cities to develop on the wrong path for so long? |
为什么我们让城市 沿着错误的道路发展了这么久? |
I would like to offer a concept of cities that goes in the opposite direction to modern urbanism , an attempt at converging life into a human-sized space rather than fracturing it into inhuman bigness and then forcing us to adapt. |
在此,我要提出一个 与现代大都市的发展方向相反的新的城市概念, 即尝试把生活融合进 一个以人为本的空间内, 而不是将其分散在该空间之外, 并强迫我们去适应。 |
degrade:v.降低…身份;使受屈辱;(使)退化,降解;分解;降低; potential:n.潜能;可能性;[电]电势;adj.潜在的;可能的;势的; responds:v.(口头或书面)回答,回应;作出反应;响应;(respond的第三人称单数) urbanism:n.都市生活;都市集中; attempt:n.企图,试图;攻击;v.企图,试图;尝试; converging:n.合并,会聚;adj.会聚的,收敛;v.聚合,集中于一点(converge的现在分词); fracturing:n.水力压裂;破碎;龟裂;v.使破裂;粉碎(fracture的ing形式); inhuman:adj.残忍的;野蛮的;无人性的; bigness:n.大;重大;伟大;
|
I call it "the 15-minute city." |
我称之为“15 分钟城市”。 |
And in a nutshell , the idea is that cities should be designed or redesigned so that within the distance of a 15-minute walk or bike ride, people should be able to live |
简而言之, 城市应该被设计或重新设计, 在步行或骑车 15 分钟的距离内, 人们就能够充分体验到 |
the essence of what constitutes the urban experience: to access work, housing, food, health, education, culture and leisure . |
城市特有的便利—— 外出工作、 回家, 获取食物、 文化 |
Have you ever stopped to ask yourself: |
你是否曾心生疑惑: |
Why does a noisy and polluted street need to be a noisy and polluted street? |
街道本就应该是喧闹和脏乱的吗? |
in a nutshell:极简单地;简言之;简而言之;总而言之; redesigned:adj.重新设计的;修订的;v.重新设计;重新制订(redesign的过去式); essence:n.本质;实质;精髓;香精; constitutes:v.被算作;组成;构成;(合法或正式地)成立,设立;(constitute的第三人称单数) leisure:n.休闲;闲暇;空闲;adj.闲暇的;
|
Just because it is? |
有办法改善吗? |
Why can't it be a garden street lined with trees, where people can actually meet and walk to the baker and kids can walk to school? |
为什么不能是 绿树成荫的花园街道? 人们能够边聊天边步行 去附近的面包店, 孩子也能够走路去学校? |
Our acceptance of the dysfunctions and indignities of modern cities has reached a peak . |
我们对现代城市的 混乱和糟糕的市容 已经容忍到了极点。 |
We need to change that. |
我们要改变现状—— |
We need to change it for the sake of justice , of our well-being and of the climate. |
为了公正、我们的福祉和气候 而彻底改变城市的面貌。 |
baker:n.面包(糕饼)师傅;面包店老板; acceptance:n.验收;接受;认可;承认; dysfunctions:n.[医]机能障碍;(dysfunctions是dysfunction的复数); indignities:n.侮辱;轻蔑;有伤尊严;无礼举动; peak:n.高峰; v.达到高峰; adj.最高度的; for the sake of:为了;为了…的利益; justice:n.公平;公正;司法制度;审判; well-being:n.幸福;康乐;
|
What do we need to create 15-minute cities? |
我们为什么需要 打造 “15 分钟城市”? |
First, we need to start asking questions that we have forgotten. |
首先,我们需要问一问 早已被我们忘却的问题。 |
For instance , we need to look hard at how we use our square meters. |
例如,我们需要认真考虑 如何利用好每一寸土地。 |
What is that space for? |
每个地方用来做什么? |
Who's using it and how? |
谁在使用, 以及如何使用这片区域? |
We need to understand what resources we have and how they are used. |
我们要清楚我们有哪些资源, 以及这些资源 是否得到了合理利用。 |
Then we need to ask what services are available in the vicinity -- not only in the city center, in every vicinity. |
然后,我们要问问 周围有哪些服务设施—— 不仅是在市中心, 而是在每一片区域——[03:11] |
instance:n.实例;情况;建议;v.举...为例; resources:n.[计][环境]资源; v.向…提供资金(resource的第三人称单数); vicinity:n.邻近,附近;近处;
|
Health providers , shops, artisans , markets, sports, cultural life, schools, parks. |
医疗卫生机构、商店、 工艺品店、市场、 运动场所、文化生活、 学校、 |
Are there green areas? |
有自然景观吗? |
Are there water fountains placed to cool off during the frequent heat waves? |
在频繁的酷热天气中, |
We also have to ask ourselves: |
我们还得问问自己: |
How do we work? |
我们如何工作?[03:42] |
providers:n.供应者;提供者;供养人;(provider的复数) artisans:n.[劳经]工匠;技工(artisan的复数形式); cultural:adj.与文化有关的;文化的;与艺术、文学、音乐等有关的; fountains:n.[地质]喷泉;户外喷泉(fountain的复数); frequent:adj.频繁的;经常发生的;v.常到(某处);
|
Why is the place I live here, and work is far away? |
为什么工作的地方离我家那么远? |
We need to rethink cities around the four guiding principles that are the key building blocks of the 15-minute city. |
我们需要围绕以下这四项指导原则 重新思考城市的设计, 它们是“15 分钟城市”的重要基石。 |
First, ecology: for a green and sustainable city. |
首先,以生态学为指导: 建设绿色、可持续的城市。 |
Second, proximity : to live with reduced distance to other activities. |
第二,邻近居住: 缩短居住地与 其他日常活动地点的距离。 |
Third, solidarity : to create links between people. |
第三,团结: 打造人与人之间的联系。 |
rethink:v.重新考虑;再想;n.重新考虑;反思;新想法; principles:n.原则;主义;本质;政策;(principle的复数) building blocks:(儿童玩的)积木;建筑砌块;堆积木;建筑砖块;基石; sustainable:adj.可以忍受的;足可支撑的;养得起的;可持续的; proximity:n.接近,[数]邻近;接近;接近度,距离;亲近; solidarity:n.团结,团结一致;
|
Finally , participation should actively involve citizens in the transformation of their neighborhood . |
最后,居民们应该 积极参与社区的改造。 |
Don't get me wrong -- |
但我要澄清一点, |
I'm not angling for cities to become rural hamlets . |
我不是要把城市变成小村庄。 |
Urban life is vibrant and creative . |
城市生活是充满生机和创造力的。 |
Cities are places of economic dynamism and innovation . |
城市是经济活力和创新的体现。[04:40] |
Finally:adv.终于;最终;(用于列举)最后;彻底地; participation:n.参与;分享;参股; involve:v.包含;需要;牵涉;牵连;影响;(使)参加; transformation:n.转变;(用于南非)民主改革; neighborhood:n.附近;地区;街坊;adj.附近的; rural:adj.农村的,乡下的;田园的,有乡村风味的; hamlets:小村; vibrant:adj.振动的;充满生气的;响亮的;战栗的; creative:adj.创造性的; economic:adj.经济的,经济上的;经济学的; dynamism:n.活力;动态;物力论;推动力;精神动力作用; innovation:n.创新,革新;新方法;
|
But we need to make urban life more pleasant, agile , healthy and flexible . |
但我们要让城市生活 更加令人愉悦, 更加充满生机、健康和灵活性。 |
To do so, we need to make sure everyone -- and I mean everyone, those living downtown and those living at the fringes -- has access to all key services within proximity. |
为了做到这一点, 我们要保证每个人—— 我说的是每个人, 所有住在市中心和郊区的人—— 都能在住所附近获取到 重要的社区服务。 |
agile:adj.敏捷的;机敏的;活泼的; flexible:adj.灵活的;柔韧的;易弯曲的; downtown:n.市区;闹市区;adv.在市区;在热闹街上;到闹市区;adj.闹市区的; fringes:n.额前短垂发; v.形成…的边缘; (fringe的第三人称单数和复数)
|
How do we get this done? |
如何做到这一点呢? |
The first city to adopt the 15-minute city idea is Paris, |
第一个采用 “15 分钟城市”概念的城市 就是法国的 |
France. |
巴黎。 |
Mayor Anne Hidalgo has suggested a big bang of proximity, which includes, for instance, a massive decentralization , developing new services for each of the districts -- |
市长安妮·伊达尔戈(Anne Hidalgo) 提出了“邻近大爆炸”的建议, 包括,例如 为每个区域开发新的服务, |
adopt:v.采取;接受;收养;正式通过; Mayor:n.市长;镇长; Hidalgo:n.西班牙的绅士(低于最高贵族,大公);西班牙的下级贵族; bang:n.猛敲; v.猛敲; v.正好; massive:adj.大量的;巨大的,厚重的;魁伟的; decentralization:n.分散;非集权化;(人口、工业等的)疏散;
|
(City sounds) |
(城市噪音) |
a reduction of traffic by increasing bike lanes into spaces of leisure; new economic models to encourage local shops; building more green spaces; transform existing infrastructure , for instance, fabrication labs in sports centers or turning schools into neighborhood centers in the evenings. |
通过增加基于自行车道的休闲空间 来减少交通拥堵, 用新的经济模式来鼓励 打造更多当地的商铺, 更多绿色空间, 转变现有基础设施,等等。 例如在晚间,把创意实验活动中心 改造成运动中心, 或者把学校改造成社区活动中心。 |
That's actually a golden rule of the 15-minute city: every square meter that’s already built should be used for different things. |
这就是“15 分钟城市”的黄金法则—— 每一寸建成的土地都应当 |
The 15-minute city is an attempt to reconcile the city with the humans that live in it. |
“15 分钟城市”就是让城市 和城市中的居民 和谐共处的一种尝试。 |
reduction:n.减少;缩小;降低;减价;折扣;缩图; lanes:n.线路,跑道(lane复数形式); infrastructure:n.基础设施;公共建设;下部构造; fabrication:n.制造,建造;装配;伪造物; labs:n.实验室;实验大楼;(lab的复数) golden rule:n.成功之重要原则;指导原则; reconcile:v.使和谐一致;调和;使配合;使和解;妥协;
|
The 15-minute city should have three key features. |
这个概念应当有三个主要特点。 |
First, the rhythm of the city should follow humans, not cars. |
首先,城市节奏应当依从人类, 而不是车辆。 |
Second, each square meter should serve many different purposes. |
第二,每一寸土地都应当 具备不同的用途。 |
Finally, neighborhoods should be designed so that we can live, work and thrive in them without having to constantly commute elsewhere . |
最后,社区的设计应该让我们能够 在其中生活、工作和健康发展, 而不必经常往返于不同的地点。 |
rhythm:n.节奏;韵律; thrive:v.繁荣;茁壮成长;蓬勃发展;兴旺发达; constantly:adv.不断地;时常地; commute:v.减刑;交换;通勤;代偿;n.通勤(口语); elsewhere:adv.在别处;到别处;
|
It's funny if you think of it: the way many modern cities are designed is often determined by the imperative to save time, and yet so much time is lost to commuting , sitting in traffic jams, driving to a mall, in a bubble of illusory acceleration . |
仔细想想, 这是个很有意思的现象: 现代城市的设计 常常是为了节省时间, 然而我们都身处 一个虚幻的加速泡沫中, 反而把大量时间浪费在通勤、 交通拥堵 和驾车购物的途中。 |
The 15-minute city idea answers the question of saving time by turning it on its head, by suggesting a different pace of life. |
“15 分钟城市”这一概念 颠覆了传统的生活节奏, 为如何节省时间的问题 提出了自己的答案—— |
A 15-minute pace. |
“15 分钟节奏”。 |
Thank you. |
谢谢大家。 |
determined:adj.决定了的:v.决定;(determine的过去分词和过去式) imperative:adj.重要紧急的; n.重要紧急的事; commuting:n.乘公交车上下班;经常往来; bubble:n.泡;气泡;肥皂泡;一点感情;v.起泡;冒泡;洋溢着(某种感情); illusory:adj.错觉的;幻影的;虚假的;产生幻觉的; acceleration:n.加速,促进;[物]加速度;
|