返回首页

CarloRatti_2011-_建造的感应和回应_

Good afternoon, everybody. 大家下午好。
I've got something to show you. 我有些东西想展示给大家。
(Laughter) (笑声)
Think about this as a pixel , a flying pixel. 把这个看作一个像素,一个飞行的像素。
pixel:n.象素;图像的基本单位;表示显示在萤幕上的一点;
This is what we call, in our lab, sensible design. 我们在实验室里,叫它感应设计。
sensible:adj.明智的; n.可感觉到的东西;
Let me tell you a bit about it. 让我为你们介绍一下这个东西
Now if you take this picture -- I'm Italian originally , and every boy in Italy grows up with this picture on the wall of his bedroom -- but the reason I'm showing you this is that something very interesting happened in Formula 1 racing over the past couple of decades. 现在如果你拿着这张照片--我是意大利人, 每个意大利男孩卧室墙上都有 这张照片来伴随他们长大。 但是我给你看这个原因是因为 一些有趣的事情 发生在F1方程式赛上 在过去的几十年里。
originally:adv.原来;起初; Formula:n.公式; adj.(赛车)方程式的(指赛车要符合规定的体积,重量及汽缸容量等);
Now some time ago, if you wanted to win a Formula 1 race, you take a budget , and you bet your budget on a good driver and a good car. 以前, 如果你想在F1赛上夺冠, 你只需要有预算,然后把你的预算赌在 一个好车手和好车上。
budget:n.预算,预算费;v.安排,预定;把…编入预算;adj.廉价的; bet:n.打赌;赌注;预计;估计;v.下赌注(于);用…打赌;敢说;八成儿;
And if the car and the driver were good enough, then you'd win the race. 如果你的车和车手够好的话,那你会夺冠。
Now today, if you want to win the race, actually you need also something like this -- something that monitors the car in real time , has a few thousand sensors collecting information from the car, transmitting this information into the system, and then processing it 现如今,如果你想夺冠, 事实上你还需要其他一些东西比如这个-- 一些能实时检测赛车的装备 它连接着上千感应器 能把收集到的车的相关数据, 传输进系统中, 并处理
real time:adj.实时的;接到指示立即执行的; sensors:n.[自]传感器,感应器;感测器(sensor的复数); transmitting:v.传送;输送;发射;传播;传染;(transmit的现在分词) processing:v.加工;处理;审核;数据处理;v.列队行进;缓缓前进;(process的现在分词)
and using it in order to go back to the car with decisions and changing things in real time as information is collected. 并用这个来反馈决定给车本身 使其实时地改变 做到与信息收集同步。
This is what, in engineering terms, you would call a real time control system. 这就是,用工程师的说法, 叫做实时监控系统。
engineering:n.工程;工程学;v.密谋策划;设计制造;改变…的基因;(engineer的现在分词)
And basically , it's a system made of two components -- a sensing and an actuating component. 基本上,这个系统包括两个部件 一个是感应器一个是驱动器
basically:adv.主要地,基本上; components:n.部件;组件;成份(component复数); actuating:adj.启动的;v.驱使(actuate的ing形式);开动;
What is interesting today is that real time control systems are starting to enter into our lives. 如今,有趣的是 这个实时监控系统 正开始渗透到我们的生活中。
enter into:进入;讨论;成为…的一部分;研讨;分享;体谅;
Our cities, over the past few years, just have been blanketed with networks, electronics . 我们的城市,在过去的几年中, 已经被网络,电子工业 所覆盖。
electronics:n.电子学;电子工业;
They're becoming like computers in open air. 它 们变得好像无线收放电脑。
And, as computers in open air, they're starting to respond in a different way to be able to be sensed and to be actuated . 同时,作为无线收放的电脑, 它们开始做出不同的回应 能传感和制动。
respond:vi.回答;作出反应;承担责任;n.应答;唱和; actuated:adj.开动的;动作的;v.驱动;激励(actuate的过去分词形式);使运转;
If we fix cities, actually it's a big deal . 如果我们能优化城市,实际上这是个飞跃。
a big deal:na.要人;重要的事;
Just as an aside , I wanted to mention, cities are only two percent of the Earth's crust , but they are 50 percent of the world's population. 说句题外话,我想说, 城市只占了地球表面的百分之2, 但是它们却占据了世界人口的百分之50。
as an aside:闲话一句; crust:n.壳;表面;厚颜无耻;[美国]雪壳;v.用外皮覆盖;结成硬皮;生痂儿;形成硬壳;
They are 75 percent of the energy consumption -- up to 80 percent of CO2 emissions . 它们的能源消耗占世界的百分之75-- 产生百分之80的二氧化碳排放量。
consumption:n.消费;消耗;肺痨; emissions:n.(光、热、气等的)发出,排放;排放物;散发物;(emission的复数)
So if we're able to do something with cities, that's a big deal. 所以如果我们优化城市,那将会是个飞越。
Beyond cities, all of this sensing and actuating is entering our everyday objects. 在这些城市之上, 所有这些传感和制动 正在进入我们每天的日常事物中。
That's from an exhibition that 这是今年夏天柏拉·安东内利
Paola Antonelli is organizing at MoMA later this year, during the summer. 在纽约现代艺术博物馆 组织的一次展览。
organizing:v.组织;安排;处理;分配;管理;(organize的现在分词)
It's called "Talk to Me." 主题为“与我交谈。”
Well our objects, our environment is starting to talk back to us. 我们的事物,我们的环境, 正在开始给我们反馈。
In a certain sense, it's almost as if every atom out there were becoming both a sensor and an actuator . 某种意义上,就像每个原子 都在变成传感器和制动器。
atom:n.原子; actuator:n.[自]执行机构;激励者;促动器;
And that is radically changing the interaction we have as humans with the environment out there. 同时这也根本上改变了我们作为人类 和大自然之间的关系。
radically:adv.根本上;彻底地;以激进的方式; interaction:n.[计]交互,相互作用;相互交流;干扰;
In a certain sense, it's almost as if the old dream of Michelangelo ... 某种意义上, 这简直就是米开朗琪罗古老的梦想...
Michelangelo:n.米开朗基罗(意大利文艺复兴时期成就卓著的科学家,艺术家);
Well today, for the first time, our environment is starting to talk back to us. 今天,第一次, 我们的环境开始给我们反馈。
And I'll show just a few examples -- again, with this idea of sensing our environment and actuating it. 我将展示几个案例-- 有一次,随着我们的意识去感应并回应我们环境。
Let's starting with sensing. 让我们从传感阶段开始。
Well, the first project I wanted to share with you is actually one of the first projects by our lab. 我想分享给你的第一个项目 事实上是我们实验室的最初几个项目之一。
It was four and a half years ago in Italy. 那是在4年6个月之前的意大利。
And what we did there was actually use a new type of network at the time that had been deployed all across the world -- that's a cellphone network -- and use anonymous and aggregated information from that network, that's collected anyway by the operator , in order to understand how the city works. 我们在那里做的 实际上是用那时的一种新型的网络 现如今已经覆盖全球-- 手机网络-- 并通过这个网络收集任何终端发出的 密名的整合过的信息 来理解 城市是如何运作的。
deployed:v.部署(deploy的过去式);展开; cellphone:n.蜂窝式便携无线电话;大哥大; anonymous:adj.匿名的,无名的;无个性特征的; aggregated:adj.聚合的;合计的; operator:n.算子;接线员;操作人员;骗子;
The summer was a lucky summer -- 2006. 那年夏天是个幸运的夏天-2006年。
It's when Italy won the soccer World Cup. 这是刚意大利在世界杯夺冠的那年。
Some of you might remember, it was Italy and France playing, and then Zidane at the end, the headbutt . 你们中的一些也许记得,有场意大利对法国的比赛, 那时齐达内终场前的,那个头槌。
headbutt:用头撞击;头击,用脑袋撞;
And anyway, Italy won at the end. 不管怎样,意大利最后赢了。
(Laughter) (笑声)
Now look at what happened that day just by monitoring activity happening on the network. 现在看看那天发生了什么 就用网格来实时演示 发生的情况。
Here you see the city. 你现在看到的城市。
You see the Colosseum in the middle, the river Tiber. 你看到正中的罗马圆形大剧场, 台伯河。
Colosseum:n.罗马圆形大剧场;
It's morning, before the match. 这是早晨,比赛前。
You see the timeline on the top. 你看着顶端的时间轴。
timeline:n.时间轴,时间线;大事年表;
Early afternoon, people here and there , making calls and moving. 中午, 这里那里的人 打着电话,行走着。
here and there:各处,到处;
The match begins -- silence. 比赛开始--安静。
France scores. Italy scores. 法国队进球。意大利对进球。
Halftime , people make a quick call and go to the bathroom. 半场,大家迅速地打个电话,上个厕所。
Halftime:n.中场休息;半日工作;adj.正常时间一半的;
Second half. End of normal time. 下半场,比赛结束
First overtime , second. 第一个加时,第二个加时。
overtime:n.加班;加班的时间;加班费;adv.加班;
Zidane, the headbutt in a moment . 齐达内,头槌的那个时候。
in a moment:立刻;
Italy wins. Yeah. 意大利赢了。哈哈。
(Laughter) (笑声)
(Applause) (掌声)
Well, that night, everybody went to celebrate in the center. 那天夜里,每个人都去市中心庆祝。
You saw the big peak . 你可以看到高峰期。
peak:n.高峰; v.达到高峰; adj.最高度的;
The following day, again everybody went to the center to meet the winning team and the prime minister at the time. 第二天,每个人都去市中心 迎接凯旋的队伍 和总理。
prime minister:n.首相;总理;
And then everybody moved down. 接着人流开始回落。
You see the image of the place called Circo Massimo, where, since Roman times, people go to celebrate, to have a big party, and you see the peak at the end of the day. 你们看到图上的这个地方叫做 马西莫赛场, 从罗马时期开始,人们就去那里庆祝-- 会有一个盛大的聚会,在这天结束的时候看到高峰期。
Roman:n.罗马人;古罗马语;adj.罗马的;罗马人的;
Well, that's just one example of how we can sense the city today in a way that we couldn't have done just a few years ago. 话说,这只是我们如今如何感知这个城市的例子之一, 用这种我们几年前 无法做到的方式。
Another quick example about sensing: it's not about people, but about things we use and consume . 另外一个简略的关于感知的例子: 这次不是关于人的, 而是关于我们使用和消耗的东西。
consume:v.消耗;吃;毁灭;烧毁;
Well today, we know everything about where our objects come from. 今天,我们知道每一样 东西从哪里来。
This is a map that shows you all the chips that form a Mac computer, how they came together. 这是一张地图展示给你 所有的一台苹果电脑的零配件,如何组装到一起。
chips:炸土豆条(chip的复数)
But we know very little about where things go. 但是我们却极少知道这些零配件最后报废到哪里。
So in this project, we actually developed some small tags to track trash as it moves through the system. 所以这个项目, 我们实际上发明了一些小的标签 来追踪这些废物从而使它在系统中移动。
tags:n.标签; v.附加; track:n.小道;足迹;车辙;轨道;v.追踪;跟踪; trash:n.垃圾;废物;v.丢弃;修剪树枝;
So we actually started with a number of volunteers who helped us in Seattle , just over a year ago, to tag what they were throwing away -- different types of things, as you can see here -- things they would throw away anyway. 实际上我们和一些志愿者一起 那些在西雅图愿意帮助我们的志愿者, 就在一年之前, 给那些人们丢弃的东西贴上标签-- 不同种类的东西,就像你看到的这些-- 那些我们无论如何都要扔掉的东西。
volunteers:n.志愿者; v.自愿做; (volunteer的第三人称单数和复数) Seattle:n.西雅图(美国一港市); as you can see:正如你所看到的;你是知道的; throw away:adj.信口开河的;用后可扔的;n.废品;
Then we put a little chip, little tag, onto the trash and then started following it. 我们把小的集成块,小的标签, 贴在那些垃圾上 然后开始追踪它。
Here are the results we just obtained . 这是我们观测到的结果。
obtained:v.获得(obtain的过去分词);
(Music) (音乐)
From Seattle ... 从西雅图...
after one week. 一周之后。
With this information we realized there's a lot of inefficiencies in the system. 从这些信息中我们认识到 系统中有太多的低效运作。
inefficiencies:无能;
We can actually do the same thing with much less energy. 我事实上能用更少的能源做同样的事情。
This data was not available before. 这个数据先前还不可用。
But there's a lot of wasted transportation and convoluted things happening. 但是有很多垃圾运输和费解的事情发生了。
transportation:n.运输;运输系统;运输工具;流放; convoluted:adj.复杂的;费解的;旋绕的;v.盘绕;缠绕(convolute的过去分词);
But the other thing is that we believe that if we see every day that the cup we're throwing away, it doesn't disappear , it's still somewhere on the planet. 还有另外一件我们坚信的事 如果我们想那些我们每天 扔掉的杯子,它并没有消失, 它还是在地球上的某个角落。
disappear:v.消失;失踪;不复存在;
And the plastic bottle we're throwing away every day still stays there. 我们每天扔得塑料瓶还是会呆在那里。
And if we show that to people, then we can also promote some behavioral change. 如果我们把这个展示给人们, 接着我们也就能提倡一些行为上的改变。
promote:v.促进;推动;促销;提升;晋升; behavioral:adj.行为的;
So that was the reason for the project. 所以这就是这个项目的意义所在。
My colleague at MIT, Assaf Biderman, he could tell you much more about sensing and many other wonderful things we can do with sensing, but I wanted to go to the second part we discussed at the beginning , and that's actuating our environment. 我在麻省理工的同事,阿萨夫·彼得曼, 他会告诉你更多关于感知 和很多我们用感知能做的奇妙的事情, 但是我想先从第二部分开始讲起, 这实际上是关于我们的环境。
colleague:n.同事,同僚; at the beginning:首先;从一开始;起初;从头开始;
And the first project is something we did a couple of years ago in Zaragoza, Spain. 第一个项目 是关于我们几年前在西班牙萨拉戈萨做的事。
It started with a question by the mayor of the city, who came to us saying that Spain and Southern Europe have a beautiful tradition of using water in public space, in architecture . 它开始于市长提出的一个问题, 他找到我们说 西班牙以至于欧洲南部 用建筑,在公共场合善用水资源的传统。
mayor:n.市长;镇长; architecture:n.建筑学;建筑风格;建筑式样;架构;
And the question was: How could technology , new technology , be added to that? 问题就是:技术,新的技术,怎么样才能 使其锦上添花?
technology:n.技术;工艺;术语;
And one of the ideas that was developed at MIT in a workshop was, imagine this pipe, and you've got valves , solenoid valves , taps, opening and closing. 其中一个点子是来自麻省理工的一个研发组 是关于,想象一个管道,你有它的阀门, 电磁阀,读数表, 开启又关闭。
workshop:n.车间;研讨会;讲习班;工场;v.学习; valves:n.[机]阀门; v.装阀于…; solenoid:n.[电]螺线管;螺线形电导管;
You create like a water curtain with pixels made of water. 你就创造了一个用水作为像素的水帘。
pixels:n.像素(组成屏幕图像的最小独立元素);(pixel的复数)
If those pixels fall, you can write on it, you can show patterns, images , text. 如果这些像素落下, 你可以在它上面创作, 你能展现出花案,图像,文字。
images:n.印象;声誉;形象;画像;雕像;(image的第三人称单数和复数)
And even you can approach it, and it will open up to let you jump through, as you see in this image. 你接近它的时候,它甚至会关闭 来让你跳过, 就像你所看到这个图片。
approach:n.方法;路径;v.接近;建议;着手处理;
Well, we presented this to Mayor Belloch. 我们把这个展示给贝洛克市长。
He liked it very much. 他很喜欢它。
And we got a commission to design a building at the entrance of the expo . 接着我们就得到了在世博会入口 建造一幢大楼的允许。
commission:n.委员会;佣金;犯;委任;委任状;vt.委任;使服役;委托制作; expo:n.展览会;
We called it Digital Water Pavilion . 我们叫它数字水馆。
Digital:adj.数字的;手指的;n.数字;键; Pavilion:n.阁;亭子;大帐篷;展示馆;vt.搭帐篷;置…于亭中;笼罩;
The whole building is made of water. 整个大楼用水建造而成。
There's no doors or windows, but when you approach it, it will open up to let you in. 没有门或者窗户, 但是当你走进它的时候, 它会自动开辟路口让你进入。
(Music) (音乐)
The roof also is covered with water. 屋顶同样也是被水覆盖着。
And if there's a bit of wind, if you want to minimize splashing , you can actually lower the roof. 如果有一点风的话, 如果你想少一点水溅出的话,你事实上可以把屋顶降低一些。
minimize:v.使减少到最低限度;降低;贬低;使显得不重要; splashing:n.泼洒,喷洒;v.飞溅(splash的ing形式);溅湿;
Or you could close the building, and the whole architecture will disappear, like in this case. 或者甚至关闭整座大楼, 那这个建筑就会消失, 就好像这个样子。
You know, these days, you always get images during the winter, when they take the roof down, of people who have been there and said, "They demolished the building." 这些天,你会在冬天常常能看这样的景象 当他们降低屋顶 去过那里的人就会说,“他们在拆除这建筑。”
demolished:v.拆毁,拆除(建筑物);推翻(观点或理论);(demolish的过去分词和过去式)
No, they didn't demolish it, just when it goes down, the architecture almost disappears . 没有,他们没有拆毁它,只是当它下降的时候, 建筑本生几乎就是消失了。
disappears:v.消失;不见;消亡;失踪;丢失;(disappear的第三人称单数)
Here's the building working. 这是水建筑工作的情况。
You see the person puzzled about what was going on inside. 你可以看到人们对如何进入表示很疑惑。
puzzled:adj.困惑的;茫然的;搞糊涂的;
And here was myself trying not to get wet, testing the sensors that open the water. 这是我在试着不让自己变湿, 在测试打开水帘的感应器。
Well, I should tell you now what happened one night when all of the sensors stopped working. 我应该告诉你有天晚上发生的事 那时所有的感应器停止工作。
But actually that night, it was even more fun. 但是这使那个晚上变得更为有趣。
All the kids from Zaragoza came to the building, because the way of engaging with the building became something different. 所有在萨拉戈萨的孩子云集此楼, 因为进入大楼的方式变的有些不同。
engaging:adj.有趣的; v.吸引住(注意力、兴趣); (engage的现在分词)
Not anymore a building that would open up to let you in, but a building that would still make cuts and holes through the water, and you had to jump without getting wet. 大楼不再会自动打开让你进入, 但是大楼还是会被水帘分割出不同的空间 那你就不能不跳过这次来不弄湿自己。
(Video) (Crowd Noise) (录像)(人群的喧哗声)
And that was, for us, was very interesting, because, as architects , as engineers, as designers, we always think about how people will use the things we design. 同时,对于我们,这也很有意思, 因为,作为一个建筑师,一个工程师,一个设计师, 我们经常考虑人们如何使用我们设计出的东西。
architects:n.建筑师;设计师;创造者;(architect的复数);
But then reality's always unpredictable . 但是现实总是出人意料。
unpredictable:adj.不可预知的;不定的;出乎意料的;n.不可预言的事;
And that's the beauty of doing things that are used and interact with people. 这也是做这些事的魅力所在 使用和互动同在。
Here is an image then of the building with the physical pixels, the pixels made of water, and then projections on them. 这是一张 用物理像素,用水做成的, 然后在上面做投影
physical:adj.[物]物理的;身体的;物质的;符合自然法则的;n.体格检查; projections:n.预测;设想;投影;投影图;(projection的复数)
And this is what led us to think about the following project I'll show you now. 同时它让我想起 下一个我要展示给大家的项目。
That's, imagine those pixels could actually start flying. 这是,想象这这些像素能飞。
Imagine you could have small helicopters that move in the air, and then each of them with a small pixel in changing lights -- almost as a cloud that can move in space. 想象你会有一个小的 可以在空中移动的直升机, 同时每个上面都有一个小的可以变色的像素-- 几乎像一片可以在空中移动的云层。
Here is the video. 看一段录像。
(Music) (音乐)
So imagine one helicopter, like the one we saw before, moving with others, in synchrony . 想象一架直升机, 像我们刚刚看到的那种, 和另外一些直升机, 同步的,移动。
synchrony:n.同步;
So you can have this cloud. 于是乎你得到了这样的云。
You can have a kind of flexible screen or display , like this -- a regular configuration in two dimensions . 你就得到了一种可弯曲的屏幕或者展示板,像这个-- 一个二维的常规配置。
flexible:adj.灵活的;柔韧的;易弯曲的; display:n.显示;炫耀;vt.显示;表现;陈列;vi.[动]作炫耀行为;adj.展览的;陈列用的; configuration:n.配置;结构;外形; dimensions:n.规模,大小;
Or in regular, but in three dimensions, where the thing that changes is the light, not the pixels' position. 或者常规的,但是三维的, 这里,改变的是亮点, 而不是像素的位置。
You can play with a different type. 你可以使用不同的方法。
Imagine your screen could just appear in different scales or sizes, different types of resolution . 想象你的显示屏能 用不同的尺寸或规模, 用不同的清晰度来放映。
scales:n.规模范围; v.攀登; (scale的第三人称单数和复数) resolution:n.解决;分辨;解析;决议;
But then the whole thing can be just a 3D cloud of pixels that you can approach and move through it and see from many, many directions. 但是所有的一切 只是一个3维的像素云而已 你能拉近并穿过它 并从很多,很多角度观看。
Here is the real Flyfire control and going down to form the regular grid as before. 这是 受控下降像刚才一样形成标准的网格。
grid:n.网格;格子,栅格;输电网;
When you turn on the light, actually you see this. So the same as we saw before. 当你开灯的时候,你事实上看的这个。和我们之前看的一样。
And imagine each of them then controlled by people. 想象如果其中的每一个都是被人所控制的。
You can have each pixel having an input that comes from people, from people's movement, or so and so . 你能让每个像素 都有从人那里得到对应的输入, 从人的移动,诸如此类。
input:n.投入; v.把(数据等)输入计算机; so and so:某某;如此这般;谁谁;如此如此沙咸沙;
I want to show you something here for the first time. 我给你们看一些第一次展出的东西。
And here you can see Roberto dancing. 你能看到罗伯托在跳舞。
You see on the left the pixels, the different resolutions being captured . 你能在左边的像素点, 不同的
resolutions:n.决议(resolution的复数);解决;决心;[物]分辨率; captured:adj.捕获的;被俘的;v.捕获;占领;引起;(capture的过去式和过去分词)
It's both 3D scanning in real time and motion capture. 这都是实时的3维的扫描 和动态捕捉。
motion:n.动作;移动;手势;请求;意向;议案;v.运动;打手势;
So you can reconstruct a whole movement. 这样你就能重现这整个舞步。
reconstruct:vt.重建;改造;修复;重现;
You can go all the way through. 你能一直这样跳下去。
But then, once we have the pixels, then you can play with them and play with color and movement and gravity and rotation . 但是,一旦你有了这些像素,你就能操控他们 用彩色和动作 重力和旋转来操控。
rotation:n.旋转;循环,轮流;
So we want to use this as one of the possible inputs for Flyfire. 我们想用这个来作为飞行火的一种可能的 输入端。
inputs:n.[自][电子]输入;投入(input的复数);
I wanted to show you the last project we are working on. 我想展示给你们最后一个我们在做的项目。
It's something we're working on for the London Olympics. 它是我们为了伦敦奥林匹克而做的事。
It's called The Cloud. 它叫做数字云。
And the idea here is, imagine, again, we can involve people in doing something and changing our environment -- almost to impart what we call cloud raising -- like barn raising, but with a cloud. 这个想法的来源,再一次,发挥想象, 我们能让大家参与 来做一些事来改变环境-- 就是来赞助我们的数字云的建造-- 就像谷仓的建造一样,但是是数字云。
involve:v.包含;需要;牵涉;牵连;影响;(使)参加; impart:vt.给予(尤指抽象事物),传授;告知,透露; barn:n.谷仓;畜棚;车库;靶(核反应截面单位);v.把…贮存入仓;
Imagine you can have everybody make a small donation for one pixel. 想想你能让每个人捐出一个像素的钱。
donation:n.捐赠;捐赠物;赠送;
And I think what is remarkable that has happened over the past couple of years is that, over the past couple of decades, we went from the physical world to the digital one. 我认为过去几年 发生的什么事是卓越的 是,过去的几十年里, 我们经历了物理世界到数字化世界的转变。
remarkable:adj.卓越的;非凡的;值得注意的;
This has been digitizing everything, knowledge, and making that accessible through the Internet. 现在电子产品,知识, 能连入互联网的端口到处都是。
digitizing:v.[计]数字化(digitize的ing形式); accessible:adj.易接近的;可进入的;可理解的;
Now today, for the first time -- and the Obama campaign showed us this -- we can go from the digital world, from the self-organizing power of networks, to the physical one. 今天,第一次-- 奥巴马竞选告诉我们-- 我们能从数字化世界 靠自发组织的网络力量 回归到物理世界。
self-organizing:n.[计]自组织;
This can be, in our case, we want to use it for designing and doing a symbol . 这是可行的,用我们这个例子, 我们想用它来设计和创作一个标志。
symbol:n.象征;符号;标志;
That means something built in a city. 它会意味着在城市中建立的某些建筑。
But tomorrow it can be, in order to tackle today's pressing challenges -- think about climate change or CO2 emissions -- how we can go from the digital world to the physical one. 但是未来它能是 它能解决今天日益临近的挑战-- 想想气候变化或者二氧化碳排放-- 我们如何从数字化世界回归到物理世界的方法。
tackle:v.处理; n.用具;
So the idea that we can actually involve people in doing this thing together, collectively . 所以我们事实上能让大家集体参与 一起做这件事。
collectively:adv.共同地,全体地;
The cloud is a cloud, again, made of pixels, in the same way as the real cloud is a cloud made of particles . 这数字云是云,而且,用像素形成的, 用现实中云形成的方式 用微粒来形成云一样。
particles:n.微粒,粒子;粒子系统;碎木料(particle的复数形式);
And those particles are water, where our cloud is a cloud of pixels. 这些微粒是水, 这数字云是像素组成的云。
It's a physical structure in London, but covered with pixels. 这是在伦敦的
structure:n.结构;构造;建筑物;vt.组织;构成;建造;
You can move inside, have different types of experiences. 你能步入其中,感受不一样的体验。
You can actually see from underneath , sharing the main moments for the Olympics in 2012 and beyond, and really using it as a way to connect with the community . 你实际能在下方看见, 2012年奥林匹克 的重要时刻, 并真正用它来作为连接社会的桥梁。
underneath:prep.在…的下面;在…的支配下;n.下面;底部;adj.下面的;底层的; community:n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体;
So both the physical cloud in the sky and something you can go to the top [of], like London's new mountaintop . 同时天上的云 和一些你能到达的顶部, 像伦敦的新的山顶。
mountaintop:n.山顶;
You can enter inside it. 你能进入其中。
And a kind of new digital beacon for the night -- but most importantly, a new type of experience for anybody who will go to the top. 这是夜晚一种全新的数字化火炬-- 但是最重要的是, 创造了一种任何人都能到达高峰的体验
beacon:n.灯塔; v.像灯塔般照耀;
Thank you. 谢谢大家。
(Applause) (掌声)