返回首页

AngelaWang_2017S-_中国如何改变购物的未来_

This is my nephew, 这是我的侄子。
Yuan Yuan. 圆圆。
He's five years old, super adorable . 他5岁了, 非常活泼可爱。
adorable:adj.可爱的;可敬重的,值得崇拜的;
I asked him the other day , "What would you like for your birthday this year?" 有一天我问他, “今年你想要什么生日礼物?”
the other day:不久前某一天;几天以前;
He said, "I want to have a one-way mirror Spider-Man mask." 他说,“我想要一个 单镜面的蜘蛛侠面具。”
one-way:adj.单程的;单行道的;单方面的;
I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about, so I said, "Wow, that's really cool, but how are you going to get it?" 我完全不知道他说的是什么东西, 所以我问他,“哇哦,听起来太酷了, 那你怎么才能得到这个礼物呢?”
absolutely:adv.绝对地;完全地;
He told me, without a blink of his eyes, "I'm going to tell my mom and make a wish before I go to bed. 他不假思索的说, “我要告诉妈妈,而且睡前还要许愿。
blink:vt.眨眼;使…闪烁;vi.眨眼;闪烁;n.眨眼;瞬间;闪光;
My mom will go to shake her mobile phone . 妈妈会晃一晃她的手机。
mobile phone:移动电话
The next morning, the delivery uncle will give it to me when I wake up." 第二天我一起床, 邮递员叔叔就会把礼物送过来了。”
delivery:n.[贸易]交付;分娩;递送;
I was about to tease him, but suddenly I realized he was simply telling me the truth, the truth of what shopping looks like for this generation. 我本想嘲笑他的异想天开, 不过突然我意识到 他的话毫不夸张, 他这一代人的购物方式就是这样的。
was about to:眼看就要;即将;正要;行将; tease:v.取笑; n.戏弄;
If you think of it, for a child like Yuan Yuan, shopping is a very different idea compared to what my generation had in mind. 想想看,对像圆圆这样的孩子来说, 购物这个概念跟我们这代人 所经历的相比已经完全不同了。
compared:adj.比较的,对照的; v.相比; (compare的过去式和过去分词)
Shopping is always done on mobile, and payment is all virtual . 如今购物都是在手机上进行的, 付款的过程也只是虚拟的交易。
payment:n.付款;支付;收款;款项;报答; virtual:adj.[计]虚拟的;实质上的,事实上的(但未在名义上或正式获承认);
A huge shopping revolution is happening in China right now. 在中国,一场巨大的 购物革命正在悄然发生。
revolution:n.革命;旋转;运行;循环;
Shopping behaviors, and also technology platforms , have evolved differently than elsewhere in the world. 购物行为和技术平台 已经演变得与世界上 其他地方大不相同。
technology:n.技术;工艺;术语; platforms:n.平台; v.把…放在台上; evolved:v.(使)逐渐形成;进化;进化形成;(evolve的过去分词和过去式) elsewhere:adv.在别处;到别处;
For instance , e-commerce in China is soaring . 举个例子,电商在中国已经 达到了空前繁荣。
instance:n.实例;情况;建议;v.举...为例; e-commerce:n.电子商务; soaring:adj.翱翔的;高耸的;猛增的;v.高耸;高飞;猛增;(soar的现在分词形式)
It's been growing at twice the speed of the United States and a lot of the growth is coming from mobile. 其发展的速度是美国的两倍, 而相当一部分增长来自移动设备。
United:adj.联合的; v.联合,团结; (unite的过去分词和过去式)
Every month, 500 million consumers are buying on mobile phones, and to put that into context , that is a total population of the United States, 每个月,5亿消费者 在手机上购物, 具体点说, 这相当于美国,英联邦
consumers:n.消费者;顾客;用户;(consumer的复数) context:n.环境;上下文;来龙去脉;
UK and Germany combined. 和德国人口的总和。
But it is not just about the scale of the e-commerce, it is the speed of adoption and the aggregation of the ecosystems . 但这不仅仅关乎电商的规模, 也涉及到各个生态系统 适应和聚集的速度。
scale:n.规模;比例;鳞;刻度;天平;数值范围;v.衡量;攀登;剥落;生水垢; adoption:n.采用;收养;接受; aggregation:n.[地质][数]聚合,聚集;聚集体,集合体; ecosystems:n.生态系统(ecosystem的复数);
It took China less than five years to become a country of mobile commerce, and that is largely because of the two technology platforms, 中国只花了不到5年时间 就成为了移动商务的巨头, 而这在很大程度上要 归功于两大技术平台,
largely:adv.主要地;大部分;大量地;
Alibaba and Tencent. 阿里巴巴和腾讯。
They own 90 percent of the e-commerce -- pretty much the whole market -- 85 percent of social media , 85 percent of internet payment. 他们共同占有了90%的电商业务—— 几乎相当于整个市场—— 包括85%的社交媒体, 和85%的网络支付业务。
media:n.媒体;媒质(medium的复数);血管中层;浊塞音;中脉;
And they also own large volumes of digital content , video, online movie, literature , travel information, gaming. 他们同样还拥有大量的数字内容, 视频,在线电影, 文学作品,旅游信息,游戏等资源。
volumes:n.卷;体积;容积;大量;(volumes是volume的复数) digital:adj.数字的;手指的;n.数字;键; content:n.内容,目录;满足;容量;adj.满意的;vt.使满足; literature:n.文学;文献;文艺;著作;
When this huge base of mobile shoppers meets with aggregated ecosystems, chemical reactions happen. 当这一庞大的移动购物群体 与聚集的生态系统相结合, 就会发生奇妙的反应。
shoppers:n.购物者;(商店的)顾客;(shopper的复数) aggregated:adj.聚合的;合计的; chemical:n.化学制品,化学药品;adj.化学的; reactions:n.反应;回应;抗拒;生理反应;副作用(reaction的复数)
Today, China is like a huge laboratory generating all sorts of experiments. 当今,中国就像一个巨大的实验室, 各种实践研究层出不穷。
laboratory:n.实验室,研究室; generating:v.产生;引起;(generate的现在分词)
You should come to China, because here you will get a glimpse into the future. 你们应该去中国体验一下, 因为在这里你能够 一窥未来世界的样子。
glimpse:v.瞥见;[诗]闪现;n.领悟;概况;见识;一睹;
One of the trends I have seen concerns the spontaneity of shopping. 我所看到的其中一个趋势 有关自发性购物。
trends:n.趋势;倾向;动态;动向;(trend的第三人称单数和复数) concerns:n.关注; v.使关心(concern的三单形式); spontaneity:n.自发性;自然发生;
Five years ago, in a fashion study, we found that on average, a Chinese consumer would be buying five to eight pairs of shoes. 五年前,在一个流行趋势的研究中, 我们发现一个中国消费者 平均每年会买5到8双鞋子。
This number tripled to reach about 25 pairs of shoes a year. 这个数字现在已经变成了25, 是之前的三倍。
tripled:adj.三倍的;三方的;n.三倍数;三个一组;vi.增至三倍;vt.使成三倍;
Who would need so many pairs of shoes? 谁会需要这么多双鞋子呢?
So I asked them, "What are the reasons you buy?" 所以我问他们, “你们为什么购物?”
They told me a list of inspirations: blogs , celebrity news, fashion information. 他们列举了一系列 刺激他们消费的原因: 博客,名人新闻,时尚信息。
blogs:n.网志;博客;v.写网志;写博客;(blog的第三人称单数和复数) celebrity:n.名人;名声;
But really, for many of them, there was no particular reason to buy. 不过说真的,对他们很多人来说, 并不需要一个具体的购物理由。
They were just browsing on their mobile site and then buying whatever they saw. 他们通常只是在 移动设备上浏览网页, 差不多看到了什么就买什么。
browsing:v.随便看看;浏览;翻阅;浏览信息;(browse的现在分词) site:n.地点;位置;场所;v.设置;为…选址;
We have observed the same level of spontaneity in everything, from grocery shopping to buying insurance products. 我们几乎在每件事上 都见到了同等程度的自发行为, 从购买日用品到保险产品。
observed:adj.观察的;观测的;v.观察;遵守;注意到(observe的过去分词形式); grocery:n.食品杂货店;食品杂货; insurance:n.保险;保险业;保险费;保费;adj.胜券在握的;
But it is not very difficult to understand if you think about it. 不过仔细想想, 也不难理解这种行为。
A lot of the Chinese consumers are still very new in their middle-class or upper-middle-class lifestyles , with a strong desire to buy everything new, new products, new services. 很多中国消费者刚刚开始接触 中产或中上层社会的生活方式, 对每一件新事物,新产品,新服务, 都有着强烈的欲望。
middle-class:adj.中产阶级的;中层社会的; lifestyles:n.生活方式(lifestyle的复数);
And with this integrated ecosystem, it is so easy for them to buy, one click after another. 有了综合的生态系统, 他们买东西简直易如反掌, 只需要一个接一个的点击操作。
integrated:adj.综合的; v.整合; (integrate的过去式和过去分词)
However, this new shopping behavior is creating a lot of challenges for those once-dominant businesses. 然而,这种新的消费行为正在给 一些曾经的商业巨头 制造很多挑战。
The owner of a fashion company told me that he's so frustrated because his customers keep complaining that his products are not new enough. 一个时装公司的业主告诉我, 他觉得非常焦虑和沮丧, 因为他的顾客不停在抱怨 他们的产品不够时尚。
frustrated:adj.失意的,挫败的;泄气的;v.挫败;阻挠;(frustrate的过去式和过去分词) complaining:adj.抱怨的;v.抱怨;控诉;(complain的现在分词)
Well, for a fashion company, really bad comment. 对一个时装公司来说, 这种评价实在是糟透了。
And he already increased the number of products in each collection. 他已经增加了旗下 每个系列的新品数量。
It doesn't seem to work. 但是没什么效果。
So I told him there's something more important than that. 于是我告诉他还有比这更重要的。
You've got to give your consumer exactly what they want when they still want it. 你需要在你的顾客想要某件产品时 及时满足他们的需求。
And he can learn something from the online apparel players in China. 他还需要向中国的 网络服装供应商学习经验。
apparel:n.服装;衣服;vt.给…穿衣;
These companies, they collect real consumer feedback from mobile sites , from social media, and then their designers will translate this information into product ideas, and then send them to microstudios for production. 这些公司从移动端和 社交媒体上搜集 真实的客户反馈, 然后他们的设计师团队 会把这些信息 转变成产品理念, 再把这些新点子送去小作坊量产。
feedback:n.反馈;反馈意见;回授;[电子]反馈; sites:n.网站(site的复数);遗址,举办地点;v.使...位于(site的单三形式); translate:v.翻译;被翻译;被译成;(使)转变;
These microstudios are really key in this overall ecosystem, because they take small orders, 30 garments at a time, and they can also make partially customized pieces. 这些小的工作室是 整个电商生态系统中的关键, 因为他们只接受小订单, 每次30件, 他们还能制作部分个性化的拼接件。
overall:v.全部; n.外套; adj.全面的; garments:n.[服装]服装,衣着(garment的复数); partially:adv.部分地;偏袒地; customized:v.订制,订做,改制;(customize的过去分词和过去式)
The fact that all these production designs are done locally , the whole process , from transporting to product on shelf or online sometimes takes only three to four days. 这一系列生产设计都是 在当地完成的, 整个过程,从运输到 产品上架或上网出售, 有时只需要3到4天。
locally:adv.在本地;局部地;在地方上; process:v.处理;加工;列队行进;n.过程,进行;方法,adj.经过特殊加工(或处理)的; transporting:v.运输,运送,输送;传播;(transport的现在分词)
That is super fast, and that is highly responsive to what is in and hot on the market . 这堪称神速, 也是对市场中流行元素 和需求的高效回应。
highly:adv.高度地;非常;非常赞许地; responsive:adj.响应的;应答的;回答的; on the market:上市;出售的;
And that is giving enormous headaches to traditional retailers who are only thinking about a few collections a year. 这让每年只推出有限几个款式的 传统零售商来说极为头疼。
enormous:adj.庞大的,巨大的;凶暴的,极恶的; traditional:传统的,惯例的, retailers:n.零售商;零售店;(retailer的复数)
Then there's a consumer's need for ultraconvenience. 此外,消费者还对方便快捷 有着极高的要求。
A couple of months ago, I was shopping with a friend in Tokyo. 几个月前,我在东京跟朋友逛街。
We were in the store, and there were three to four people standing in front of us at the checkout counter. 我们在一个店里, 收款台前面排了三四个人 等待结账。
checkout:检验,结帐
Pretty normal, right? 这很正常,对吧?
But both of us dropped our selection and walked away. 但是我们都放下了挑好的东西, 走出了商店。
selection:n.选择;选拔;挑选;被挑选的人(或物);
This is how impatient we have become. 很明显我们变得越来越没有耐心了。
impatient:adj.焦躁的;不耐心的;
Delivering ultraconvenience is not just something nice to have. 超速快递不单单是一件好事。
It is crucial to make sure your consumer actually buys. 这也是决定顾客 会不会买东西的关键要素。
crucial:adj.重要的;决定性的;定局的;决断的;
And in China, we have learned that convenience is really the glue that will make online shopping a behavior and a habit that sticks. 在中国,我们发现 方便快捷才真正是 让人们维持网络购物 行为和习惯的良策。
convenience:n.方便;便利;适宜;便利的事物(或设施); glue:n.胶;胶水;v.粘贴;
It is sometimes more effective than a loyalty program alone. 它有时候比至尊客户项目还要有效。
effective:adj.有效的,起作用的;实际的,实在的;给人深刻印象; loyalty:n.忠诚;忠心;忠实;忠于…感情;
Take Hema. 比如Hema。
It's a retail grocery concept developed by Alibaba. 这是一个由阿里巴巴 推广起来的零售概念。
They deliver a full basket of products within 30 minutes. 他们会把满满一篮产品 递送到你的门前。
What is amazing is that they deliver literally everything: fruits, vegetables, of course. 不可思议的是他们 几乎可以快递任何东西: 必然包括水果,蔬菜。
literally:adv.按字面:字面上:确实地:
They also deliver live fish and also live Alaska king crab . 他们还派送鲜鱼, 甚至包括新鲜的阿拉斯加帝王蟹。
crab:n.蟹;螃蟹;蟹肉;阴虱病;v.捕蟹;用爪抓;使侧航;使斜行;
Like my friend once told me, "It's really my dream coming true. 就像我朋友有一次跟我说, “我简直觉得美梦成真了。
Finally , I can impress my mother-in-law when she comes to visit me for dinner unexpectedly ." 我终于可以在我婆婆 不打招呼就来吃晚饭的 时候给她点惊喜了。”
Finally:adv.终于;最终;(用于列举)最后;彻底地; impress:v.盖印;强征;传送;给予某人深刻印象; mother-in-law:n.岳母;婆母; unexpectedly:adv.出乎意料地,意外地;
(Laughter) (笑声)
Well, companies like Amazon and FreshDirect are also experimenting in the same field. 与此同时,像亚马逊和 生鲜直达这样的公司 也在这一领域进行着实践。
Amazon:亚马逊;古希腊女战士;
The fact that Hema is part of the Alibaba ecosystem makes it faster and also a bit easier to implement . Hema作为阿里巴巴 生态系统的一部分, 其更快捷的优势也正是得益于此。
implement:v.实施;执行;贯彻;使生效;n.工具;
For an online grocery player, it is very difficult, very costly , to deliver a full basket quickly, but for Hema, it's got a mobile app, it's got mobile payment, and also it's built 20 physical stores in high-density areas in Shanghai. 对一个网络零售商家, 快递一整套的产品 不易实现且成本极高, 但是Hema有自己的应用程序, 自己的移动支付通道, 还在上海的闹市区 开设了20家实体店。
costly:adj.昂贵的;代价高的; physical:adj.[物]物理的;身体的;物质的;符合自然法则的;n.体格检查; high-density:adj.高密度的;
These stores are built to ensure the freshness of the product -- they actually have fish tanks in the store -- and also to give locations that will enable high-speed delivery. 开设这些店面是为了 保证产品的新鲜—— 店里还有鱼池—— 同时也提供了高速递送的发货地点。
ensure:vt.保证,确保;使安全; freshness:n.新;新鲜;精神饱满; locations:n.地方;地点;位置;定位(location的复数) enable:v.使能够;使有机会;使成为可能;使可行;
I know the question you have on your mind. 我知道你们早就心生疑问。
Are they making money? 他们盈利了吗?
Yes, they are making money. 是的,他们在盈利。
They are breaking even, and what is also amazing is that the sales revenue per store is three to four times higher than the traditional grocery store, and half of the revenue orders are coming from mobile. 他们不但收回了成本, 更不可思议的是每一个 店面的销售额 都比传统零售店要高3到4倍, 有一半的营收订单都是来自移动端。
revenue:n.收益;营业额;税务署;
This is really proof that a consumer, if you give them ultraconvenience that really works in grocery shopping, they're going to switch their shopping behaviors online, like, in no time . 这很好的说明了,对于消费者, 如果你为它们提供 超便捷的零售购物体验, 他们就会迅速转变,更多的 进行在线消费。
proof:n.证据;证实;adj.能抵御;可防护; in no time:立刻,很快;
So ultraconvenience and spontaneity, that's not the full story. 不过超便捷和自发购物的倾向 还不是故事的全部。
The other trend I have seen in China is social shopping. 我在中国见到的另一个趋势 是社交购物。
If you think of social shopping elsewhere in the world, it is a linear process. 如果你想想世界其他地方的社交购物, 通常都是线性过程。
linear:adj.线的,线型的;直线的,线状的;长度的;
You pick up something on Facebook, watch it, and you switch to Amazon 你在脸书上注意到了一样东西, 看了一会儿,然后登陆
Clean and simple. 举手之劳。
But in China it is a very different thing. 但是在中国情况却大不相同。
On average, a consumer would spend one hour on their mobile phone shopping. 平均来说,一个消费者会 在手机上花一小时的时间购物。
That's three times higher than the United States. 这个长度是美国的三倍。
Where does the stickiness come from? 这种对购物的专注从哪里来?
stickiness:n.粘性;胶粘;
What are they actually doing on this tiny little screen? 他们盯着手机屏幕到底是在干什么?
So let me take you on a mobile shopping journey that I usually would be experiencing. 我来讲一讲我在中国通常会 经历的手机购物体验。
journey:n.旅行;行程;vi.旅行;
11pm, yes, that's usually when I shop. 晚上11点,没错,我通常 是在这个时间购物。
I was having a chat in a WeChat chatroom with my friends. 我正在微信群聊室 跟几个朋友聊天。
WeChat:微信(腾讯出品的一款语音聊天应用);
One of them took out a pack of snack and posted the product link in that chatroom. 有个人打开了一包零食, 还顺手把购买链接发到了群里。
snack:n.点心;小吃;快餐;易办到的事;v.吃点心(或快餐、小吃);
I hate it, because usually I would just click that link and then land on the product page. 我很抵触这种做法, 因为通常我会本能的 点击链接登录网站。
Lots of information, very colorful, mind-blowing . 网页的内容很丰富,色彩绚丽, 让人目不暇接。
mind-blowing:adj.使兴奋的;引起幻觉的;
Watched it and then a shop assistant came online and asked me, "How can I help you tonight?" 看了一会儿就会 有一个导购人员登录, 问我,“需要什么帮助吗?”
shop assistant:n.店员;售货员;
Of course I bought that pack of snack. 当然我就直接买了那包零食。
What is more beautiful is I know that the next day, around noontime , that pack of snack will be delivered to my office. 更让人激动的是我 很清楚大概第二天中午, 那包零食就会出现在我的办公室。
noontime:n.中午;adj.中午的;
I can eat it and share it with my colleagues and the cost of delivery, maximum one dollar. 我可以边吃边跟同事们分享, 而快递的费用还不到1美元。
colleagues:n.同事;同行(colleague的复数); maximum:n.最大限度;最大量;最高限度;adj.最高的;最多的;最大极限的;
Just when I was about to leave that shopping site, another screen popped up. 而当我正打算离开那个网页, 另一个窗口又弹了出来。
This time it is the livestreaming of a grassroots celebrity teaching me how to wear a new color of lipstick . 这次的内容是一个草根明星在线教我 如何用新款颜色的 唇彩妆扮自己。
livestreaming:实况转播; grassroots:adj.基层的;草根的;乡村的;n.草根;基础; lipstick:n.口红;唇膏;
I watched for 30 seconds -- very easy to understand -- and also there is a shopping link right next to it, clicked it, bought it in a few seconds. 我看了30秒——简单易懂—— 旁边还有一个购买链接, 点一下,几秒后就下单了。
Back to the chatroom. 我又回到了群聊室。
The gossiping is still going on. 大家还在聊着八卦。
gossiping:v.传播流言飞语;说三道四;(gossip的现在分词)
Another friend of mine posted the QR code of another pack of snack. 又有个人把另一包零食的二维码 发了出来。
Clicked it, bought it. 我再一次点击购买了。
So the whole experience is like you're exploring in an amusement park . 整个过程很像是 在体验一场嘉年华。
exploring:v.探索:考察:探查;(explore的现在分词) amusement park:n.游乐场;娱乐园;
It is chaotic , it is fun and it's even a little bit addictive . 眼花缭乱,其乐无穷, 甚至让人欲罢不能。
chaotic:adj.混沌的;混乱的,无秩序的; addictive:adj.使人上瘾的;使人入迷的;
This is what's happening when you have this integrated ecosystem. 身处综合生态系统 就会产生这样的效果。
Shopping is embedded in social, and social is evolving into a multidimensional experience. 购物融于社交, 而社交正在演变成一种多维的体验。
embedded:adj.嵌入式的;植入的;内含的;v.嵌入(embed的过去式和过去分词形式); evolving:v.(使)逐渐形成,逐渐演变;进化形成;(evolve的现在分词) multidimensional:adj.[数]多维的;多面的;
The integration of ecosystems reaches a whole new level. 生态系统的综合性 达到了一个新高度。
integration:n.集成;综合;
So does its dominance in all aspects of our life. 同时它也占据了 我们生活的每一个角落。
dominance:n.优势;统治;支配; aspects:n.方面;相位;面貌(aspect的复数);
And of course, there are huge commercial opportunities behind it. 当然,其背后有着庞大的商业机会。
commercial:adj.贸易的;商业的;赢利的;以获利为目的的;n.(电台或电视播放的)广告;
A Chinese snack company, Three Squirrels , built a half-a-billion-dollar business in just three years by investing in 300 to 500 shop assistants who are going to be online to provide services 24/7. 一家中国的公司,三只松鼠, 在短短的三年内就通过雇用 300至500个24小时在线的导购助手 打造了一个五亿美元的零售产业。
Squirrels:n.松鼠;v.代理经营;把…分解成;(squirrel的第三人称单数和复数) investing:v.投资;投入(时间、精力等);(invest的现在分词)
In the social media environment, they are like your neighborhood friends. 在社交媒体环境中, 他们就像你熟悉的邻居。
neighborhood:n.附近;地区;街坊;adj.附近的;
Even when you are not buying stuff , they will be happy to just tell you a few jokes and make you happy. 即使你没打算买东西, 他们也会乐此不疲的 给你讲笑话,逗你开心。
stuff:n.东西:物品:基本特征:v.填满:装满:标本:
In this integrated ecosystem, social media can really redefine the relationship between brand , retailer and consumer. 在这个集成生态系统中, 社交媒体的确可以重新定义 品牌,零售商和消费者 之间的关系。
redefine:vt.重新定义; brand:v.铭刻于,铭记;打烙印于;印…商标于;n.商标,牌子;烙印;
These are only fragments of the massive changes 以上这些只是我在 中国亲历的无数变化的
fragments:n.碎片(fragment的复数);片断;[计]分段;v.破碎(fragment的三单形式);打碎; massive:adj.大量的;巨大的,厚重的;魁伟的;
I have seen in China. 冰山一角。
In this huge laboratory, a lot of experiments are generated every single day. 在这个巨大的实验室里, 每一天都有大量新的实验开始运转。
generated:v.产生;引起;(generate的过去式和过去分词)
The ecosystems are reforming , supply chain distribution , marketing, product innovation , everything. 电商生态系统正在变革, 包括供应链分销,营销,产品创新, 每个环节都是如此。
reforming:v.改革;改进;改良;(使)悔改;(reform的现在分词) supply chain:n.供应链; distribution:n.分布;分配;分发;分销; innovation:n.创新,革新;新方法;
Consumers are getting the power to decide what they want to buy, when they want to buy it, how they want to buy it, how they want to social. 消费者正在慢慢获得权力 去决定他们想要买什么, 什么时候买, 怎么买,以及如何参与社交活动。
It is now back to business leaders of the world to really open their eyes, see what's happening in China, think about it and take actions. 现在是时候让全球的行业领袖们 睁开眼睛看看中国正在发生的变化, 并思考如何应对了。
Thank you. 谢谢大家。
(Applause) (掌声)
Massimo Portincaso: Angela, what you shared with us is truly impressive and almost incredible , but I think many in the audience had the same question that I had, which is: Massimo Portincaso(MP): 王女士, 你跟我们分享的这些 听起来简直太不可思议了, 不过我觉得在座的 很多观众都跟我一样 还是心存疑虑:
impressive:adj.感人的;令人钦佩的;给人以深刻印象的; incredible:adj.难以置信的,惊人的;
Is this kind of impulsive consumption both economically and environmentally sustainable over the longer term? 这种冲动消费 从长远来看是不是经济 和环境可持续的呢?
impulsive:adj.冲动的;受感情驱使的;任性的; consumption:n.消费;消耗;肺痨; economically:adv.经济地;在经济上;节俭地; environmentally:adv.有关环境方面; sustainable:adj.可以忍受的;足可支撑的;养得起的;可持续的;
And what is the total price to be paid for such an automized and ultraconvenient retail experience? 这样一个高自动化, 超便捷的零售体验 其背后的代价是什么呢?
Angela Wang: Yeah. One thing we have to keep in mind is really, we are at the very beginning of a huge transformation . 王佳茜(AW):好的。 我们都需要记住一件事, 我们只是处在一个 巨大转变的萌芽期。
keep in mind:记住; at the very beginning of:在…一开始的时候; transformation:n.转变;(用于南非)民主改革;
So with this trading up needs of the consumer, together with the evolution of the ecosystem, there are a lot of opportunities and also challenges. 随着人们表现出对消费升级的需求, 再加上生态系统的演变, 会出现越来越多的机遇和挑战。
So I've seen some early signs that the ecosystems are shifting their focus to pay attention to solve these challenges. 我已经看到了一些迹象, 生态系统正在转换关注点, 越来越有针对性的应对这些挑战。
shifting:adj.不断移动的;流动的;v.转移;赶快;快速移动;变换;(shift的现在分词) pay attention to:注意
For example, paying more consideration to sustainability alongside just about speed, and also quality over quantity . 举个例子,除了追求速度, 可持续发展也 也越来越受到重视, 产品质量也比数量更受到关注。
consideration:n.顾及;报酬;斟酌;仔细考虑; sustainability:n.持续性;永续性;能维持性; quantity:n.量;数量;大量;数额;
But there are really no simple answers to these questions. 但是针对这些问题, 答案从来都不简单。
That is exactly why I'm here to tell everyone that we need to watch it, study it, and play a part in this evolution. 这也就是为什么 我今天要站在这里告诉大家 我们需要观察,学习, 并且参与这项变革。
MP: Thank you very much. MP:非常感谢。
AW: Thank you. AW:谢谢。
(Applause) (掌声)