返回首页

AndriMagnason_2020T-_时间与水之上_-

Hi, my name is Andri Sn?r Magnason, talking from Iceland. 嗨,我是安德烈·斯纳·麦格纳森, 来自冰岛。
(Water rushing) (湍急水流声)
In 2019, we had lost our first glacier to climate change: the Okj?kull, the Ok glacier, that is not OK anymore. 在 2019 年,气候变化 让我们失去了第一片冰川, 即 Okj?kull 冰川,也叫 OK 冰川, OK 冰川不再 OK 了。
And in the next 200 years, we expect all our glaciers to follow the same path. 在未来的两百年里, 我们预计所有的冰川 都会走向同样的结局。
This glacier here is one of them: 这里的冰川就是其中之一,
Sólheimaj?kull, in the south coast of Iceland. 位于冰岛南海岸的 索尔黑马冰川。
glacier:n.冰河,冰川; glaciers:n.[地理][水文]冰川(glacier的复数);[地理][水文]冰河;
(Water rushing) (湍急水流声)
I wrote a poem for a plaque that was placed on the mountain where Okj?kull once stood. 我在牌匾上写了一首诗, 放在了 Okj?kull 曾经屹立的山上。
It was a letter to the future, and it says, "This monument is to acknowledge that we know what is happening and what needs to be done. 这是对未来的一封信,它说, “这座纪念碑是要承认 以及需要做什么,
Only you know if we did it." 只有你知道,如果我们做到了。”
plaque:n.匾;血小板;饰板; monument:n.丰碑;纪念碑(或馆、堂、像等);历史遗迹;有历史价值的建筑;
My grandparents, they were glacier explorers at times, when the glaciers seemed eternal . 我的祖父母, 在冰川似乎还会永恒的时候, 他们曾是冰川探险者。
They went on a glacial honeymoon in the year 1956. 他们于 1956 年进行了一次冰川蜜月。
For three weeks, they were mapping and traveling Vatnaj?kull, 他们花了三个星期的时间,
Europe's biggest glacier, sleeping in tents in extreme temperatures. 绘制地图并穿越欧洲最大的冰川—— 瓦特纳冰原(Vatnaj?kull), 他们在极端温度下的帐篷里睡觉,
explorers:n.探险者;勘探者;考察者;(explorer的复数) eternal:adj.永恒的;不朽的; glacial:adj.冰的;冰冷的;冰河时代的; honeymoon:n.蜜月;(新活动之初的)和谐时期;v.(去某处)度蜜月 extreme:adj.极端的;极度的;偏激的;尽头的;n.极端;末端;最大程度;极端的事物;
And I asked them once, "Weren't you cold?" 我曾经问过他们,“你们不冷吗?”
And they said, "Cold? 他们说:“冷吗?
We were just married." 我们刚刚结婚。”
My grandmother just turned 96, and now we know that many glaciers will be gone within the time someone born today becomes as old as my grandmother is now. 我的祖母刚满 96 岁, 现在我们知道等今天出生的 某人与我现在的祖母一样大, 许多冰川将消失殆尽,
We need to start connecting to the future in an intimate and urgent way. 我们需要开始以亲密 而紧急的方式连接未来。
My grandmother, she was born in the year 1924. 我的祖母,她出生于 1924 年。
And if I have grandchildren, the people I will love the most in my life will still be alive in the year 2150. 如果我有孙子, 那么我一生中最爱的人将在 2150 年还活着。
Because our time is the time of the people that we know and love, the time that created us, and our time is also the time of the people that we will know and love, the time that we create. 因为我们的时间也 是我们认识和所爱的人的时间, 创造我们的时间, 而我们的时间 我们创造的时间。
intimate:n.知己; v.暗示; adj.亲密的; urgent:adj.紧急的;急迫的;
We can easily span 230 years -- the handshake of generations. 我们可以轻松地跨越 230 年—— 与几代人握手。
When a scientist says 2100, we just shrug; we don't feel connected. 当科学家提到 2100 年,
But I asked my grandmother, "Are 100 years a long time or short time ?" 但是,我问祖母,
And she said, to my surprise, "It's a short time. 她的话让我惊讶, 她回答:“转瞬即逝。
span:n.持续时间; v.持续; handshake:n.握手; short time:adj.短暂的;快速的(shorttime的变形);
I feel like I was traveling the glaciers yesterday." 我觉得昨天的我还在冰川旅行。”
(Water rushing)
So 2100 is not a distant future. 因此, 2100 年不是遥不可及的未来,
It's basically tomorrow, because in the mind of those people, 2020 will be yesterday. 基本上就是明天, 因为在这些人的心中, 2020 年将会是昨天。
And I'm quite sure that we want them to look at our time with pride and gratitude , because we knew what was happening and we know what needs to be done, and we actually, eventually , did the right thing. 而且我非常确定,我们希望他们能自豪 而感激地看待我们的时间, 因为我们知道发生了什么, 知道需要做什么, 而事实上,最终, 我们做了正确的事情。
distant:adj.遥远的;远处的;久远的; basically:adv.主要地,基本上; gratitude:n.感谢(的心情);感激; eventually:adv.最后,终于;
Thank you. 谢谢。