|
|
AndrewYoun_2020-_幫助非洲农民脱离贫穷的种子_-
|
(Voice-over) Andrew Youn: I have incredible belief in the strength and power of African farmers. |
(旁白)延安竹:我一直对 非洲农民的实力与能力深信不疑。 |
The farmers I get to serve are incredibly inspiring , hardworking and confident , mostly women, that earn a better life for their families. |
我服务的农民都非常激励人, 勤奋、自信﹑大部分是女性, 替她们的家庭挣得更好的生活。 |
They have an incredible amount of power. |
她们的能力非常强大。 |
incredible:adj.难以置信的,惊人的; incredibly:adv.难以置信地;非常地; inspiring:adj.鼓舞人心的;灌输的;v.鼓舞;激发;使感悟;(inspire的现在分词) confident:adj.自信的;确信的;
|
They're just not always equipped with the right tools. |
就是没有适当的工具。 |
So my organization makes a few little tweaks and enables farm families to succeed at a whole nother level. |
所以我的机构幫助她们做一点改变, 让农家成功,更上一层楼。 |
At One Acre Fund , we like to say farmers stand at the center of the world. |
一亩金机构喜欢说农夫是世界的中心。 |
[Therese Niyonsaba, Farmer] |
[ 特瑞丝,农民 ] |
(Voice-over) (In Kinyarwanda) My name is Therese Niyonsaba. |
(卢安达语旁白)我的名字是特瑞丝。 |
I started working with TUBURA in 2018. |
我从 2018 年开始跟土布拉合作。[01:05] |
organization:n.组织;机构;体制;团体; tweaks:拧;扭;微调;苦恼(第三人称单数); enables:v.使得; (enable的第三人称单数) nother:adj.各异的,不同的; Fund:n.基金;资金;存款;v.投资;资助;
|
[In Rwanda, One Acre Fund operates under the name Tubura, |
[ 一亩金在卢安达的计画 称为「土布拉」, |
(Voice-over) TN: I heard about TUBURA when the field officer came to meet farmers who had joined before me. |
特:我第一次听到土布拉 是农地指导员 与比我早加入的农民对谈的时候。 |
I had seen how they were farming and I asked them, "Where do you get the fertilizer to yield such a good harvest?" |
我看过他们怎么务农,我就问他们: 「你们从哪里拿到肥料 能收获这么多东西?」 |
They told me they get it from TUBURA. |
他们说他们是从土布拉拿到的。 |
field officer:n.地区工作人员;陆军校官; fertilizer:n.[肥料]肥料;受精媒介物;促进发展者; yield:n.产量;产出;利润;v.屈服;让步;放弃;提供;
|
[Price Claudine, Field Officer ONE ACRE FUND / TUBURA] |
[ 克劳蒂,农地指导员 ] |
(Voice-over) (In Kinyarwanda) PC: I first met Therese in 2018. |
克:我在 2018 年第一次遇到特瑞丝, |
She was eager to learn modern agricultural methods. |
她非常想学现代农法。 |
(Women speaking) |
(妇女讲话) |
TN: My harvest was not enough to feed my family. |
特:我的收成不够养家活口。 |
I struggled to feed my children. |
我喂不饱自己的孩子。 |
I decided to expand my land to increase my harvest. |
我决定要扩大农地 来增加收成。[02:08] |
agricultural:adj.农业的;农艺的; struggled:v.奋斗;努力;争取;艰难地行进;抗争;(struggle的过去式和过去分词) expand:v.扩张;使膨胀;详述;发展;张开,展开;
|
AY: Most of the world's poor are farmers, and so when farmers become more productive , then they earn more income, and mass numbers of people move out of poverty . |
延:世界上的穷人大半是农夫, 所以如果农夫能更多产, 他们就能赚更多的收入, 能让很多人脱离贫穷。 |
They produce more food for their communities and end hunger. |
他们能生产更多粮食给自己的社区, |
From the farmer's perspective , basically , |
从农夫的角度来看,基本上, |
One Acre Fund provides a small loan that makes these simple farm inputs affordable . |
一亩金提供一小笔贷款 让他们买得起这些农耕投入。 |
productive:adj.能生产的;生产的,生产性的;多产的;富有成效的; mass:n.块,团; adj.群众的,民众的; v.聚集起来,聚集; poverty:n.贫困;困难;缺少;低劣; communities:n.社区;社会;团体;共有(community的复数) perspective:n.观点;远景;透视图;adj.透视的; basically:adv.主要地,基本上; inputs:n.[自][电子]输入;投入(input的复数); affordable:adj.负担得起的;
|
So this is, for example, professional seed, which is 100 percent natural, locally produced; a tiny microdose of fertilizer, which is necessary for plant nutrients; and, for example, tree seedlings . |
举个例子,这是专業培育的种子, 百分之百天然,而且在地生产; 微量的肥料, 给植物所需的养分; 再举个例子,还有树苗。 |
Then we provide physical delivery of these farm inputs and then training. |
然后我们会递送这些投入, 并提供训练。 |
(Voice-over) PC: With TUBURA, we improved planting techniques . |
克:土布拉幫助我们改良种植技术。 |
The skills the farmers learned include fertilizer application and using selected seed to yield a good harvest. |
农夫学到的技术包括如何施肥 及如何使用选过的种子获得丰收。 |
professional:adj.专业的;职业的;职业性的;n.专业人员;职业运动员; locally:adv.在本地;局部地;在地方上; microdose:n.微小剂量; seedlings:n.[植]籽苗(seedling的复数); physical:adj.[物]物理的;身体的;物质的;符合自然法则的;n.体格检查; delivery:n.[贸易]交付;分娩;递送; improved:adj.改良的:v.改进:改善(improve的过去分词和过去式) techniques:n.技巧;技艺;工艺;技术;(technique的复数) application:n.应用;申请;应用程序;敷用;
|
We also learned to plant in a line. |
我们也学到直线播种, |
That helped us to get a better harvest. |
幫助我们提高产量。 |
AY: We are an agricultural organization. |
延:我们是一个农業组织。 |
Therefore, nearly all of our staff live in rural places near the farmers. |
所以几乎所有的职员 都住在离农民很近的偏乡地区。 |
And so it's just so obvious to me that to provide effective service, we need to be as close as possible. |
对我而言这再明显也不过, 就是要提供有效的服务, 我们必须离他们愈近愈好。 |
PC: Before the inputs were close to the farmers, they had to travel long distances and even pay for transport to pick them up. |
克:以前,农耕投入离农民很远, 他们必须跑很远, 甚至付交通费才能拿到东西。 |
rural:adj.农村的,乡下的;田园的,有乡村风味的; obvious:adj.明显的;显著的;平淡无奇的; effective:adj.有效的,起作用的;实际的,实在的;给人深刻印象; transport:n.运输;输送;运送;运输机;v.输送;传播;使产生身临其境的感觉;(旧时)流放;
|
But today, they immediately take their inputs home. |
但是现在,他们能立刻把投入拿回家。 |
(Voice-over) PC: When farmers are harvesting, |
克:农民在收割的时候, |
I visit them in their field to check if the crops are ready to be harvested. |
我到田里去看他们, 檢查一下作物能不能采收了。 |
I advise them to wait until the crops are ready and are more useful to them. |
我会建议他们等到作物熟了、 更有用了再采。 |
(Voice-over) TN: After joining TUBURA, my harvest remarkably increased. |
特:跟土布拉合作之后, 我的收获明显增加。 |
We can eat. We are so happy. |
我们有东西吃了。我们好开心。 |
And we sell the surplus of our harvest. |
我们还能卖掉多的收成。 |
AY: Today, we serve about a million families in our full-service program and a little more than a million families through our work with partners. |
延:今天,我们大概有一百万农户 参与我们的全套计画, 还有一百多万户跟我们的合伙人合作。[04:34] |
advise:v.建议;通知;劝告;忠告; remarkably:adv.非常;极为;格外;出乎意料地 surplus:n.剩余;[贸易]顺差;盈余;过剩;adj.剩余的;过剩的; full-service:adj.提供全面服务的;n.全方位服务;完全服务;
|
(Voice-over) PC: My relationship with Therese is good. |
克:我跟特瑞丝的关系很好。 |
Every time I visit her, she is so happy. |
我每次去看她,她都很高兴。 |
AY: In a nutshell , we have basically three goals with this Audacious proposal . |
延:简单说,我们与「大胆计画」 基本上有三个目标。 |
One is to expand our direct full-service program to reach two and a half million families per year by 2026, which, more than 10 million children are living in those families. |
一是扩展与我们直接合作的全套计画, 希望在 2026 年 能达到每年二百五十万户, 这些家庭有超过一千万个孩童。 |
In a nutshell:极简单地;简言之;简而言之;总而言之; Audacious:adj.无畏的;鲁莽的; proposal:n.提议,建议;求婚;
|
We can also hope by 2026 to serve an additional 4.3 million families per year, together with these kind of operational partners in the government and private sector . |
我们也希望到了 2026 年 能每年再增加四百三十万户服务对象, 跟政府及民间的 营运伙伴配搭。 |
And then lastly, we want to help shape a more environmentally appropriate green revolution . |
最后,我们真的想要幫助塑造 一个更适宜环境的绿色革命。 |
There's an incredible opportunity for farmers to lead the way to lead to a more sustainable society, both in how we shape food systems and having more diverse food systems, but also, for example, planting tons and tons of trees. |
对农民而言,这是一个绝佳的机会 带领大家到一个更永续的社会, 可以透过重塑粮食系统 及更多样化的粮食系统, 也可以譬如说种成千上万棵树。 |
additional:adj.附加的,额外的; operational:adj.操作的;运作的; private sector:n.(国家经济的)私营部分; environmentally:adv.有关环境方面; appropriate:adj.适当的;恰当的;v.占用,拨出; revolution:n.革命;旋转;运行;循环; lead the way:带路,示范; sustainable:adj.可以忍受的;足可支撑的;养得起的;可持续的; diverse:adj.不同的;多种多样的;变化多的;
|
We can now realistically kick off a campaign to plant about a billion trees in the coming decade. |
我们现在能切实地开始一项运动: 在未来十年种植十亿棵树。 |
(Voice-over) TN: After working with TUBURA, I was able to build my house. |
特:我跟土布拉合作后 就有能力盖房子了。 |
I was able to buy a solar light. |
我有能力买太阳能灯。 我的房子有灯了! |
I have light in my house! |
|
My children are eating. No problem. |
我的孩子有东西吃。 我们没有问题。[05:56] |
realistically:adv.现实地;实际地;逼真地;
|
I'm so happy! |
我好高兴! |
Working with TUBURA gave me value. |
跟土布拉合作给了我价值。 |
TUBURA is at my heart. |
土布拉深植我心。 |
I am so happy with TUBURA. |
我好开心能跟土布拉合作。 |
(Music) |
(音乐) |