|
|
AnastasiaPenright_2020S-_旗帜如何团结(和分裂)我们_-
|
Alright. I have a close, tight-knit circle of friends. |
我有一群关系很亲密的朋友。 |
We're all in different cities and we're all in different areas, from local news to city government to law, financial services ... |
我们住在不同的城市, 从事不同的职业, 从当地新闻台,到市政府, 再到法律,金融服务等领域。 |
And despite those different areas, we seem to share similar stories of workplace drama . |
尽管我们工作的领域不同, 我们在职场中遇到的 戏剧性冲突却很相似。 |
tight-knit:adj.亲密的,紧密的; financial:adj.金融的;财政的,财务的; despite:prep.尽管,不管;n.轻视;憎恨;侮辱; workplace:n.工作场所;车间; drama:n.戏剧;戏剧艺术;戏剧文学;戏剧性事件;
|
Now, I define workplace drama as an annoyance that adds additional stress to the job. |
我把职场冲突定义为 一种给工作增添了额外压力的烦扰。 |
So again, it's when people get on your nerves , not the job itself. |
这种烦扰是其他人给你带来的, 而非来自工作本身。 |
So as we're going through these stories, |
当我们交流这些故事时, |
I'm realizing there has to be a better way for us to coexist with our coworkers without this much drama. |
我意识到,一定有某种方法 能让我们跟同事和睦相处, 从而避免过多戏剧性的冲突。 |
define:v.定义;使明确;规定; annoyance:n.烦恼;可厌之事;打扰; additional:adj.附加的,额外的; nerves:n.神经;神经紧张;勇气;v.鼓足勇气;振作精神;(nerve的第三人称单数和复数) coexist:vi.共存;和平共处; coworkers:n.同事;合作人;(coworker的复数形式)
|
So I created a few steps that have been working for me, and I'm happy to share them with you guys today. |
于是我就设计了几个 自己感觉非常有用的步骤, 我很高兴今天能够与大家分享。 |
Step 1: rewind and reflect , also known as, "What did I do?" |
第一步:回顾与反思。 也就是:“我做了什么?” |
I want you guys to all replay your most recent workplace drama situation in your head like a movie. |
我希望各位可以在脑海中 像电影一样回放 最近在职场中遇到冲突的场景。 |
Ignore all of the emotion and just focus on you. |
忽略所有情绪,仅专注于自身。 |
But for now, let's just think about this hypothetical : say you're on a group project, you each have your own individual assignments and then you all divide up the work. |
不过现在,让我们假想一下: 你正在做一个小组项目。 你们每个人都有各自的任务, 把所有工作都分配好了。 |
rewind:n.重绕;倒带器;vt.倒回;重绕;vi.倒回;重绕; reflect:v.反映;映出(影像);反射;表明,表达; Ignore:v.驳回诉讼;忽视;不理睬; emotion:n.强烈的感情;激情;情感; hypothetical:adj.假设的;爱猜想的; individual:n.个人;有个性的人;adj.单独的;个别的; assignments:n.作业;分配;(assignment的复数形式)
|
But then someone becomes unresponsive -- not answering calls, they go ghost . |
但忽然有人失去了联络—— 不接电话,人间蒸发, |
Then you or someone else has to now pick up that additional slack . |
导致你或其他人需要接手 被丢下的额外工作。 |
So in a brief, small, very tiny lapse in judgment , you vent to the nearby coworker. |
紧接着因为一个短暂、 渺小、轻微的判断失误, 你跟旁边的同事发泄了一下。 |
unresponsive:adj.反应迟钝的;无反应的; ghost:n.鬼,幽灵;v.作祟于;替…捉刀;为人代笔; slack:adj.松弛的;疏忽的;不流畅的;v.松懈;减弱;n.煤末;峡谷;adv.马虎地;缓慢地; lapse:n.(一时的)走神,判断错误; judgment:n.判断;裁判;判决书;辨别力; vent:n.(感情的)发泄; vt.发泄感情; vi.放出; (通过排泄等)减轻压力; nearby:adj.附近的,邻近的;adv.在附近;prep.在…附近;
|
Then all of a sudden , your ghost comes back, and they surprisingly know everything you just said. |
突然,消失的人回来了, 还意外地知道了你所说的一切。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
Now, what did I do in this situation? |
那在这种情况下,我做了些什么呢? |
I vented to someone who was not my confidant . |
我向并非密友的人抱怨。 |
Why would I do that? |
为什么我会这么做?[02:02] |
all of a sudden:突然地,出乎意料地; surprisingly:adv.令人惊讶地;出乎意料地 vented:v.发泄(vent的过去分词);排放;开衩;adj.排放的; confidant:n.知己;密友;
|
Sometimes we create this unspoken bond with people that only exists in our heads. |
有些时候, 我们以为和他人心照不宣, 却可能是自作多情。 |
They don't owe me their discretion . |
他们没有义务替我保密。 |
I just assumed it was there. |
我只是默认会有这种默契。 |
So we're not going to go down a rabbit hole, trying to figure out why they did that. |
所以我们没必要刨根问底地 试图弄清楚他们为什么要那么做。 |
It doesn't matter. They did it. |
这不重要。他们就是这么做了。[02:20] |
unspoken:adj.无言的;未说出口的;不言而喻的; owe:v.归功于;欠(债);欠(账);欠(情) discretion:n.自由裁量权;谨慎;判断力;判定;考虑周到; assumed:adj.假定的;假设的;v.假定;假设;认为;承担;(assume的过去分词和过去式)
|
But the goal in this step is self-reflection . |
但是,这一步的目标是自我反思。 |
We need to focus on what did we do so we can avoid it in the future. |
我们需要专注于我们做了些什么, 这样才能避免在未来重蹈覆辙。 |
Step 2: come back to reality, also known as, "It needs to stop." |
第二步:回到现实, 也称为 “是时候停下了。” |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
self-reflection:n.反省;
|
So you guys ever think about problems before you get to work? |
你们可曾在上班之前 考虑过会遇到的问题? |
Oh -- it's just me? |
哦——只有我一个吗? |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
Well, I'm guilty of it. |
好吧,我承认, |
I think about all of these situations in my head, and then I get mad just thinking about it. |
我会在脑海里设想所有情况, 但仅仅是想想这些事情 都会让我生气。 |
So I'm telling myself, "No, you're just being prepared, Stacy." |
我告诉我自己: “不,你只是想有备无患,斯黛西。” |
guilty:adj.有罪的;内疚的;
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
'"You are just making sure that you can handle whatever they're about to throw at you." |
“你只是在确认你能够应对 有可能发生的任何状况。” |
But you're not. |
但事实并非如此。 |
What you're really doing is setting yourself up and creating this anxiety in your head that doesn't exist. |
你只不过是在给自己埋伏陷阱, 并在脑海里制造了 并不存在的焦虑。 |
Then we also have to be careful about listening to other people's made-up scenarios . |
另外,在听别人假设的场景时, 我们应当保持谨慎。 |
handle:n.[建]把手;柄;手感;口实;v.处理;操作;运用;买卖;触摸; anxiety:n.焦虑;渴望;挂念;令人焦虑的事; made-up:adj.捏造的;制成的;化妆过的; scenarios:n.情节;脚本;情景介绍(scenario的复数);
|
Here's what I mean. |
我来解释一下。 |
Let's say you're in the break room, and you're talking to some coworkers. |
比方说你正在休息室 和一些同事聊天。 |
Then, all of a sudden, another coworker comes in. |
突然,另一位同事走了进来。 |
Now, they seem to just be in deep thought -- not overly cheerful , but they're not rude. |
这位同事看起来像是在沉思—— 没有喜形于色,但也并不无礼。 |
They come in, they walk out. |
他/她走进来,又走出去。 |
Then the coworkers over here begin to diagnose what they feel is wrong with that person. |
接着这边的同事便开始分析 他们觉得这个人哪里 “不对劲”。 |
They're saying things like, "Oh, they're just mad they didn't get the job." |
他们说: “哦,那人只是因为 没拿到那份工作而生气。” |
overly:adv.过度地;极度地; cheerful:adj.快乐的;愉快的;高兴的; diagnose:vt.诊断;断定;vi.诊断;判断;
|
Or they're saying, "Oh, no, no, no -- during this season, they're just always upset ." |
或者他们说:“哦不不不, 在这个季节, 那人一直就是这么烦躁。” |
And you're sitting here like, yep, that must be it. |
而你坐在这边,心想: 嗯,一定就是这样。 |
You're listening to this as if this is facts. |
你把这些话当成了事实。 |
Meanwhile , this coworker can be in deep thought about literally anything. |
与此同时,这位同事在沉思的 有可能是任何事情。 |
upset:adj.沮丧; v.打乱; n.苦恼; (意外的)混乱; Meanwhile:adv.同时,其间;n.其间,其时; literally:adv.按字面:字面上:确实地:
|
They could have just opened a pack of Starburst , got four yellows back-to-back , and they're just trying to figure out what happened. |
他有可能刚拆开了一包水果糖, 一连吃了四块柠檬味的, 现在正在怀疑人生。 |
(Laughter) (Applause) |
(笑声)(掌声) |
But you're over here listening. |
但是你在这边听到了。 |
And you're listening to their made-up scenario that now can impact how you choose to interact with that person throughout the day. |
你听到了同事们编造的情景, 现在有可能影响到 接下来的一天里 你打算如何与那个人互动。 |
Starburst:n.光芒四射的亮光; back-to-back:adj.背靠背的;紧接的; impact:n.影响;效果;碰撞;冲击力;v.挤入,压紧;撞击;对…产生影响; interact:v.互相影响;互相作用;n.幕间剧;幕间休息; throughout:adv.自始至终,到处;全部;prep.贯穿,遍及;
|
Whether we're creating fake stories in our head or listening to other people's made-up stories, it needs to stop. |
无论我们是在脑海里 创作虚构的故事, 还是在听别人捏造的故事, 都需要停止。 |
The goal in this step: stop stressing over things that haven't happened. |
这一步的目标: 停止对还没发生的事情感到焦虑。 |
Alright. Step 3: vent and release . |
好的。第三步: 发泄和释放。 [ “我们该停一停了。” ] |
It's good to have a vent buddy . |
有一个发泄伙伴是很好的。 |
fake:n.假货;骗子;假动作;v.捏造;假装…的样子;adj.伪造的; release:v.释放;发射;让与;允许发表;n.释放;发布;让与; buddy:n.伙伴,好朋友;密友;小男孩;v.做好朋友,交朋友;
|
This is your coach, your cheerleader , your therapist , whatever you need them to be in the moment. |
这个人可以是你的教练、啦啦队、 心理治疗师, 或是在那一刻 你需要这个人扮演的任何角色, |
This is not like that person in Step 1 that just happened to be in earshot . |
而不是第一步里遇到的 碰巧在你身边的人。 |
You have an established relationship with your vent buddy. |
你和你的发泄对象已经 建立好了关系。 |
Now, here's another scenario. |
现在有另外一个场景。 |
cheerleader:n.拉拉队队员; therapist:n.临床医学家;治疗学家; earshot:n.听力所及之范围; established:adj.已确立的;著名的;v.建立;创立;设立;(establish的过去分词和过去式)
|
You're getting ready to tell a customer or a client something that they just don't want to hear. |
你正准备告诉一位顾客或者客户 他不想听到的消息。 |
So, as you're in the middle of this spiel , up comes another coworker, and they interrupt you and then says the exact same thing you were saying. |
当你正在对客户滔滔不绝的时候, 另一位同事过来了, 他打断了你, 然后说了和你刚才一模一样的话。 |
You can't make a scene in front of a customer. |
你不能在顾客面前大吵大闹。 |
client:n.[经]客户;顾客;委托人; spiel:vi.演奏音乐; n.流利夸张的讲话; vt.演奏音乐; interrupt:v.中断;打断;插嘴;妨碍;n.中断;
|
So you just have to sit back, "Mm-hmm," and just listen as they do this. |
你只能若无其事的点头称是, 然后听他继续。 |
And you're burning up inside. |
而你的内心早已怒火中烧。 |
So what do we do? |
我们该怎么做? |
We go to our vent buddy. |
我们去找我们的发泄对象。 |
We talk about it. We get mad. |
我们谈论这件事,我们发火。 |
And that's the time for that. Get mad. |
这是应该发火的时候。 |
Get angry. |
你可以生气、 |
Curse , scream, do whatever you need to do to get it out. |
咒骂、尖叫, 尽己所能进行宣泄。 |
Now here's the hard part: you then have to switch that tone to positivity . |
接下来是难点: 接着你需要让语气变得积极。 |
I truly believe in positive and negative energy, and it has a way of controlling our moods throughout the day. |
我坚信正能量和负能量, 这些能量控制了我们一天的心情。 |
Curse:n.诅咒;咒骂;v.诅咒;咒骂; tone:n.语气:风格:特色:声音信号:v.使更结实:与…协调: positivity:n.积极性,确实; positive:adj.积极的;[数]正的,[医][化学]阳性的;确定的;n.正数;[摄]正片; negative:adj.[数]负的;消极的;否定的;阴性的;n.否定;负数;[摄]底片;v.否定;拒绝; moods:n.情绪(mood的复数);
|
You've got to think of things like, "OK, where do I go from here? |
你得去思考: “好的,接下来我要做什么? |
What can I do differently?" |
我可以做出什么改变?” |
And then, if you're the vent buddy, it's your responsibility to lead your friend back to the positive. |
如果你是被发泄对象, 你的责任就是引导你的朋友 重新变得积极。 |
Now, the other hard part: you have to then apply those learnings to the situation. |
另一个难点: 接下来你需要把学到的东西 应用到现实场景中。 |
You can't carry that resentment around. |
你不能一直心怀不满, |
If you do, that one-off situation now becomes a pattern. |
否则这种偶发的状况 就会变成一种规律。 |
Pattern behavior is harder to ignore than a one-off situation. |
行为模式比偶发情况更难忽视。 |
The goal in this step is, "Let's turn our vent session into a productive conversation." |
这一步的目标是: “让我们把发泄时间 变成有效率的对话。”[06:37] |
apply:v.申请;涂,敷;应用;适用;请求; resentment:n.愤恨,怨恨; one-off:n.一次性事物;adj.一次性的; session:n.会议;(法庭的)开庭;(议会等的)开会;学期;讲习会; productive:adj.能生产的;生产的,生产性的;多产的;富有成效的;
|
Step 4: learn a new language, also known as, "We need to talk." |
第四步: 学习一种新的语言, 又称为 “我们需要谈一谈。” |
Guys, I personally don't like to pick up the phone at work. |
我个人不喜欢在上班时间接电话。 |
I just don't. |
我就是不喜欢。 |
I feel like whatever you need to say to me can be an instant message or an email. |
我觉得不管你需要跟我说什么, 都可以发信息或者邮件。 |
That is my work language. |
这就是我的工作语言。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声)[07:06] |
personally:adv.个人;亲自;本人;就本人而言; instant:n.瞬间; adj.立即的; conj.同"assoonas";
|
The only problem with that, you can't hear tone through an email. |
唯一的问题在于, 你没法在邮件里听到别人的语气。 |
I read emails the same way I speak, so I'm pretty sure I've misinterpreted some tones before, unless I know you. |
我读邮件的方式和我说话时一样, 所以我敢肯定我之前 有误会过别人的语气, 除非我对这个人很了解。 |
So here's an example. |
举一个例子。 |
I'm going to show you guys an email, and I want you to read it, and then I'm going to read it out loud. |
我将给各位展示一封邮件, 我希望你们读一下, 然后我会大声把它念出来。 |
Alright, that was fast enough, you should have read it. |
好的,过了好几秒了, 你们应该读完了。 |
misinterpreted:v.误解;误释;(misinterpret的过去分词和过去式) tones:n.声调;基本音色(tone的复数);v.调节音调(tone的第三人称单数);
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
'"Stacy, |
“斯黛西, |
Thank you for reading out about my group. |
感谢你与我们团队联系。 |
At this time, we will not need any additional support. |
目前我们不需要额外的帮助。 |
Going forward, if I feel we need help, I'll ask, you won't have to reach out. |
日后,如果我觉得我们需要帮助, 我会主动询问,你不必联系我们。 |
Per my last email (attached below), |
参见我上次的邮件(见附件), |
I've outlined what I do, and what you do, so we can avoid this in the future. |
我概述了我做什么, 以及你需要做什么, 这样我们就可以避免 类似的情况再次发生。 |
As always, thank you for your partnership !!" |
一如既往,感谢你的合作!” |
Guys ... |
朋友们…… |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
That's how you read it? |
你们刚才是这么读的吗?[08:02] |
outlined:v.概述:显示…的轮廓:(outline的过去分词和过去式) partnership:n.合伙;[经管]合伙企业;合作关系;合伙契约;
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
Guys, there are certain words in there that if you hear or if you see in an email, it is safe to assume they typed it with their middle fingers. |
这当中有一些用词, 如果你听到或者是 在一封邮件里看到这些字眼, 你可以确信他们是 用中指敲的这些字。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
I didn't know it then. I know it now. |
我之前不知道。 不过现在我知道了。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
I think I messed up some people's emails. They're correcting them. |
我觉得我搞砸了一些人的邮件。 他们正在进行弥补。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
With all of that said, you have to know when it is time to pick up the phone. |
概括一下就是, 你必须明白什么时候要打电话, |
You have to know when it is time to have a face-to-face . |
什么时候面对面交流比较好。 |
And these face-to-face conversations are not easy. |
这些面对面的对话并不轻松。[08:38] |
I messed up:我搞砸了; face-to-face:adj.面对面的;当面的;adv.面对面地;
|
They are difficult, but they are necessary. |
虽然困难,但是很有必要。 |
The goal is to try to understand the other person's perspective . |
这里的目标是尝试理解对方的角度。 |
So you'll start the conversation with things like, "OK, you got upset when I ..." |
你可以这样开启对话: “ 好的,我(做了某件事) 让你觉得生气。” |
Or you'll say things like, "OK, you already had the situation handled, and then I ..." |
或者你可以说: “ 好的,你已经解决了当时的情况, 然后我……” |
perspective:n.观点;远景;透视图;adj.透视的;
|
So that way, you can see exactly where they're coming from. |
这样你就可以准确地 从对方的角度看待问题。 |
Also, don't try to make people like you. |
还有,不要试图 让别人变得和你一样。 |
We all have our own upbringings . We all have our experiences. |
我们都有不同的成长经历。 我们都有自己的体验 |
And we all have our own communication styles. |
和交流方式。 |
As the new generations are entering the workforce , we're also adapting to it. |
当新一代人进入职场, 我们也要去适应这种变化。 |
Meetings are now emails. |
会议变成了邮件。 |
Emails are now texts. |
邮件变成了短信。[09:22] |
upbringings:n.教养;养育;抚育; workforce:n.劳动大军;全体员工; adapting:v.使适应,使适合;适应;改编;改写;(adapt的现在分词)
|
Off-sites are now Skype . |
场外会面变成了视频通话。 |
So as we're adjusting to that, we need to at least try to understand what type of style of communication they use. |
当我们在适应新的交流方式时, 我们至少应试图了解 别人在用哪种交流方式。 |
The goal in that step is to really understand their work language and accept the fact that it may be different than yours. |
这一步的目标是 真正理解别人的工作语言, 并接受一个事实: 别人的工作语言可能会和你不同。 |
Skype:n.网络电话(一个网络语音沟通工具); adjusting:v.调整;调节;适应;习惯;(adjust的现在分词) different than:不同于;
|
Step 5: recognize and protect, also known as, "We need to take a walk ." |
第五步:认识和保护, 也称为 “我们需要出去走一走”。 |
So here's my last scenario from one of my teacher friends. |
我要介绍的最后一个场景 来自我的一位教师朋友。 |
You're about to have a meeting with a parent, and prior to it, you and a coworker, you kind of discuss it, and the coworker tells you, "It's alright, I got your back. |
你正要和一位家长面谈, 在那之前,你和一位同事讨论了一下, 你的同事说:“ 没事,我挺你, |
recognize:v.认识;认出;辨别出;承认;意识到; take a walk:散步; prior:adj.先前的; n.(小隐修院)院长; v.居先;
|
I'm going to agree with your recommendations ." |
我会同意你的推荐的。” |
So you're kind of side-eyeing them because they've burned you before, but you've had the "we need to talk," |
你斜眼看着这个人, 因为他之前坑过你。 但是你们谈过话了, |
so you're like, "We're in sync now, I'm going to trust them." |
所以你觉得:“ 我们步调一致了, 我要相信这个人。” |
recommendations:n.推荐;推荐信;推荐规范(recommendation的复数形式); sync:n.同步,同时;vi.同时发生;vt.使同步;
|
You go through the meeting, the parent disagrees with you, and like clockwork , the coworker agrees with the parent in front of you, making you look ridiculous . |
你去了这个会议, 家长不同意你的观点, 然后这位同事精准地 在你面前赞同了家长的观点, 让你出尽洋相。 |
Again, we can't make a scene in front of people, right? |
我们还是不能在别人 面前大发雷霆,对吧? |
So you've got to hold it in. |
你必须强忍怒火。 |
And then, after the meeting, that same coworker has all the audacity , comes up to you and says, "Crazy meeting, right?" |
在会议结束之后, 这位同事居然有胆子过来 跟你说:“ 这会议太奇葩了,对吧?” |
disagrees:v.不同意;有分歧;不符;不一致;(disagree的第三人称单数) clockwork:n.发条装置;钟表装置; ridiculous:adj.可笑的;荒谬的; audacity:n.大胆;厚颜无耻;
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
Yeah. |
没错。 |
They're testing you now. It's a test. (Laughs) |
他在考验你。这是个考验。(笑声) |
So that's the perfect time to just go off, right? |
这是个完美的爆发时机,对吧? |
This is a repeat offender . |
这个人是惯犯了。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
You walked away, and they came back with it. |
你退避三舍,他得寸进尺。 |
But we're trying to avoid workplace drama, not take a cannonball leap into it, so we have to walk away. |
但是我们要尽量避免职场冲突, 而不是火上浇油, 所以我们必须走开。 |
offender:n.罪犯;冒犯者;违法者; cannonball:n.炮弹; leap into:跳进…里面去;
|
You lead that conversation by taking the first available exit. |
你一找到时机就要退场, 借此退出这段对话。 |
You're not doing this for them. |
你这么做不是为了他。 |
You're doing this for you. |
你是为了你自己。 |
You have to protect your energy. |
你必须保护自己的正能量。 |
Don't try to figure out why they would do this, and no more coming-to-Jesus conversations. |
不要试图深究 为什么他们要这么做, 也没必要再去促膝长谈。 |
It is what it is, they did what they did, and given the opportunity, they'd probably do it again. |
事实就是这样,他们这么做了, 有机会的话, 他们很有可能会故技重施。 |
But you now know that. |
但是你现在已经知道了。 |
You now recognize that. |
你已经认识到了。 |
So that way, you can act accordingly . |
这样,你就可以采取相应的行动。 |
We typically try to set expectations -- our expectations -- on other people, and then get disappointed when they don't follow through . |
我们一般会尝试建立期望—— 然后会因为别人没有 达到预期而感到失望。 |
We have to learn to accept people where they are and adjust ourselves to handle those situations. |
我们必须学会接受 别人目前的状况, 然后进行自我调整, 以便处理这些情况。 |
accordingly:adv.因此,于是;相应地;照著; typically:adv.代表性地;作为特色地; expectations:n.预料;预期;期待;希望;指望;(expectation的复数) follow through:n.随球动作;持久的贯彻,持续;
|
The goal in this step is to recognize when it is time to professionally walk away from someone. |
这一步的目标 是认识到何时应该 职业地远离一个人。 |
Guys, I realize these steps may come off as saying, "Take the high road ." |
我意识到这些步骤看起来 像是在说 “要活得高风亮节。” |
And people always say it. "Just take the high road." |
大家总是这么说。 “只要保持高姿态就好。” |
And they describe it as some elegant path of righteousness filled with rainbows and unicorns . |
他们把这种方式形容成 一条优雅而正直、 充满彩虹和珍兽的道路。 |
professionally:adv.专业地;内行地; high road:n.公路干线;交通要道;最直接的方式; describe:v.描述;形容;把…称为;画出…图形; elegant:adj.高雅的,优雅的;讲究的;简炼的;简洁的; righteousness:n.正义;正直;公正;正当; rainbows:n.虹;彩虹;(rainbow的复数) unicorns:n.独角兽(unicorn的复数);
|
It's not that. |
事实并不是这样的。 |
It's embarrassing . |
它令人尴尬, |
It's humiliating . |
令人无地自容。 |
It leaves this knot of resentment in the pit of your stomach. |
它会在你的胃里 打一个充满怨怼的结。 |
And as you're traveling down this amazing high road, you see billboards of things you shoulda said and things you shoulda did. |
当你在这美好的道德高路上行走时, 你看到告示牌上写着 你当时应该说的事情, 和你当时应该做的事情。 |
embarrassing:adj.令人尴尬的; v.使尴尬; (embarrass的现在分词) humiliating:adj.让人出丑的;丢脸的;v.羞辱;使丧失尊严;(humiliate的现在分词) knot:n.(绳等的)结;节瘤,疙瘩;海里;小时(航速单位);v.打结; billboards:n.(大幅)广告牌;v.宣传;(billboard的第三人称单数和复数) shoulda:本应该…(美俚=shouldhave);
|
You go over there and you look at the easy road, and they're chillin', not worried about a thing. |
你走过去看那条轻松的路, 看到人们无忧无虑、一脸轻松。 |
But I have to admit, the more I travel down this road, it does get a little easier. |
但是我得承认, 当我在道德的路途上越走越远, 我发现它确实变得更加轻松。 |
Petty situations, they don't bother me as much. |
琐碎的事情不再让我那么烦恼了。 |
I learn little nuggets here and there . |
我在各个地方都得到了宝贵的经验。 |
And as I continue down this path, there seem to be more opportunities waiting for me. |
当我继续在这条路上前行时, 好像有更多机会在前面等着我。 |
I have like-minded people who want to connect with me, projects that people want me on, leaders reaching out because they heard about me through someone else. |
我遇到了志同道合、 想与我保持联系的人, 别人想让我参加的项目, 领导向我抛出橄榄枝, 因为他们从别人那里听说了我。 |
Petty:adj.琐碎的;小气的;小规模的; bother:v.烦扰,打扰;使…不安;操心,麻烦;n.麻烦;烦恼; nuggets:n.丹佛掘金(nugget的复数);金砖; here and there:各处,到处; like-minded:adj.志趣相投的;具有相似意向或目的的;
|
And the best part? |
而最好的部分? |
The need to even look at the easy road is no longer there. |
就连去观望轻松道路的需求 都不再存在了。 |
Guys, we're not going to change the way adults act in the workplace. |
我们不会改变成年人 在职场中的行为方式。 |
We are not. |
我们不会这么做。 |
And for that reason, there will always be workplace drama. |
因此,职场冲突将一直存在。 |
But if we stick to these steps and put in the work that comes with it, we can learn to avoid it. |
但是如果我们坚持这些步骤, 并付出相应的努力, 我们就可以学会避免冲突。 |
Guys, thank you for being my vent buddies . |
谢谢你们成为我的发泄对象。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
And thank you so much for your time. |
非常感谢。 |
(Applause) |
(鼓掌) |
buddies:n.伙伴,好朋友;v.交朋友;(buddy的第三人称单数和复数)
|