返回首页

AnantAgarwal_2013G-_为什么大规模网络公开课(仍然)那么重要_

I'd like to reimagine education. 暂时没有中文字幕!
reimagine:重新想象;再回味
The last year has seen the invention of a new four-letter word . 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
four-letter word:n.(字母少的)粗俗下流词;
It starts with an M. 暂时没有中文字幕!
MOOC: massive open online courses. 暂时没有中文字幕!
massive:adj.大量的;巨大的,厚重的;魁伟的;
Many organizations are offering these online courses to students all over the world, in the millions, for free. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
organizations:n.组织,构造,有机体(organization的复数);组织机构;
Anybody who has an Internet connection and the will to learn can access these great courses from excellent universities and get a credential at the end of it. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
credential:n.证书;凭据;国书;
Now, in this discussion today, 暂时没有中文字幕!
I'm going to focus on a different aspect of MOOCs. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
aspect:n.方面;层面;外观;方位;
We are taking what we are learning and the technologies we are developing in the large and applying them in the small to create a blended model of education to really reinvent and reimagine what we do in the classroom. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
technologies:n.技术;科技(technology的复数); applying:v.申请,请求;使用;应用;(apply的现在分词) blended:v.[天]混合(blend的过去式和过去分词);adj.混杂的;数种混合的; reinvent:v.以新形象示人;以新形式出现;
Now, our classrooms could use change. 暂时没有中文字幕!
So, here's a classroom at this little three-letter institute in the Northeast of America, MIT. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
institute:v.开始(调查);制定;创立;提起(诉讼);n.学会,协会;学院; Northeast:adj.东北的;来自东北的;n.东北;adv.向东北;来自东北;
And this was a classroom about 50 or 60 years ago, and this is a classroom today. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
What's changed? 暂时没有中文字幕!
The seats are in color. 暂时没有中文字幕!
Whoop-de-do . 暂时没有中文字幕!
Whoop-de-do:n.狂欢;大吹大擂;激烈争论;
Education really hasn't changed in the past 500 years. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
The last big innovation in education was the printing press and the textbooks. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
innovation:n.创新,革新;新方法; printing press:n.印刷机;
Everything else has changed around us. 暂时没有中文字幕!
You know, from healthcare to transportation , everything is different, but education hasn't changed. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
healthcare:n.医疗保健;健康护理,健康服务;卫生保健; transportation:n.运输;运输系统;运输工具;流放;
It's also been a real issue in terms of access. 暂时没有中文字幕!
issue:n.重要议题;争论的问题;v.宣布;公布;发出;发行;
So what you see here is not a rock concert. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
And the person you see at the end of the stage is not Madonna. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
This is a classroom at the Obafemi Awolowo University in Nigeria. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
Now, we've all heard of distance education, but the students way in the back, 200 feet away from the instructor , 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
instructor:n.指导书;教员;指导者;
I think they are undergoing long-distance education. 暂时没有中文字幕!
undergoing:v.经历,经受(变化、不快的事等);(undergo的现在分词) long-distance:adj.[通信][交]长途的;长距离的;vt.打长途电话给;adv.通过长途电话;
Now, I really believe that we can transform education, both in quality and scale and access, through technology . 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
transform:v.使改变;使改观;使转换;n.[数]变换式;[化]反式; scale:n.规模;比例;鳞;刻度;天平;数值范围;v.衡量;攀登;剥落;生水垢; technology:n.技术;工艺;术语;
For example, at edX, we are trying to transform education through online technologies. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
Given education has been calcified for 500 years, we really cannot think about reengineering it, micromanaging it. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
calcified:adj.钙化的,硬化的;v.(使)钙化,骨化;(calcify的过去式和过去分词) reengineering:n.企业再造;再造工程;重建;v.再设计;重新建造(reengineer的ing形式); micromanaging:微观管理;微观处理;管头管脚地监控(micromanage的现在分词);
We really have to completely reimagine it. 暂时没有中文字幕!
It's like going from ox carts to the airplane . 暂时没有中文字幕!
carts:n.运货马车; v.用马车运送; (cart的第三人称单数和复数) airplane:n.飞机;
Even the infrastructure has to change. 暂时没有中文字幕!
infrastructure:n.基础设施;公共建设;下部构造;
Everything has to change. 暂时没有中文字幕!
We need to go from lectures on the blackboard to online exercises, online videos. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
We have to go to interactive virtual laboratories and gamification . 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
interactive:adj.合作的;相互影响的;互相配合的;交互式的;n.交互式视频设备; virtual:adj.[计]虚拟的;实质上的,事实上的(但未在名义上或正式获承认); laboratories:n.实验室;(laboratory的复数) gamification:n.游戏化;
We have to go to completely online grading and peer interaction and discussion boards. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
peer:n.同辈;同龄人;身份(或地位)相同的人;(英国)贵族成员;v.仔细看;端详; interaction:n.[计]交互,相互作用;相互交流;干扰;
Everything really has to change. 暂时没有中文字幕!
So at edX and a number of other organizations, we are applying these technologies to education through MOOCs to really increase access to education. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
And you heard of this example, where, when we launched our very first course -- and this was an MIT-hard circuits and electronics course -- about a year and a half ago, 155,000 students from 162 countries enrolled in this course. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
launched:v.发射;发起;开展;开始;(launch的过去式和过去分词) circuits:n.环行路线;电路;线路;巡回赛;v.巡回;周游;(circuit的第三人称单数和复数) electronics:n.电子学;电子工业; enrolled:v.(使)加入;注册;登记;(enroll的过去分词和过去式)
And we had no marketing budget . 暂时没有中文字幕!
budget:n.预算,预算费;v.安排,预定;把…编入预算;adj.廉价的;
Now, 155,000 is a big number. 暂时没有中文字幕!
This number is bigger than the total number of alumni of MIT in its 150-year history. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
alumni:n.(统称)校友,毕业生;
7,200 students passed the course, and this was a hard course. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
7,200 is also a big number. 暂时没有中文字幕!
If I were to teach at MIT two semesters every year, 暂时没有中文字幕!
semesters:n.学期(semester的复数);
I would have to teach for 40 years before I could teach this many students. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
Now these large numbers are just one part of the story. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
So today, I want to discuss a different aspect, the other side of MOOCs, take a different perspective . 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
perspective:n.观点;远景;透视图;adj.透视的;
We are taking what we develop and learn in the large and applying it in the small to the classroom, to create a blended model of learning. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
But before I go into that, let me tell you a story. 暂时没有中文字幕!
When my daughter turned 13, became a teenager, she stopped speaking English, and she began speaking this new language. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
I call it teen-lish. 暂时没有中文字幕!
It's a digital language. 暂时没有中文字幕!
digital:adj.数字的;手指的;n.数字;键;
It's got two sounds: a grunt and a silence. 暂时没有中文字幕!
grunt:v.发出呼噜声;咕哝;嘟哝;n.哼声;咕哝声;呼噜声;收入低的工人;士兵;
'"Honey, come over for dinner." 暂时没有中文字幕!
'"Hmm." 暂时没有中文字幕!
'"Did you hear me?" 暂时没有中文字幕!
Silence. (Laughter) 暂时没有中文字幕!
'"Can you listen to me?" 暂时没有中文字幕!
"Hmm." 暂时没有中文字幕!
So we had a real issue with communicating, and we were just not communicating, until one day I had this epiphany . 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
epiphany:对事物真谛的顿悟;
I texted her. (Laughter) 暂时没有中文字幕!
I got an instant response . 暂时没有中文字幕!
instant:n.瞬间; adj.立即的; conj.同"assoonas"; response:n.响应;反应;回答;
I said, no, that must have been by accident. 暂时没有中文字幕!
She must have thought, you know, some friend of hers was calling her. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
So I texted her again. Boom , another response. 暂时没有中文字幕!
Boom:n.繁荣;吊杆;v.激增;繁荣昌盛;轰鸣;轰响;adj.(美)猛涨起来的;
I said, this is great. 暂时没有中文字幕!
And so since then, our life has changed. 暂时没有中文字幕!
I text her, she responds . 暂时没有中文字幕!
responds:v.(口头或书面)回答,回应;作出反应;响应;(respond的第三人称单数)
It's just been absolutely great. 暂时没有中文字幕!
absolutely:adv.绝对地;完全地;
(Applause) 暂时没有中文字幕!
So our millennial generation is built differently. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
millennial:adj.一千年的;千禧年的;
Now, I'm older, and my youthful looks might belie that, but I'm not in the millennial generation. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
youthful:adj.年轻的; belie:vt.掩饰;与…不符;使失望;证明…虚假错误;
But our kids are really different. 暂时没有中文字幕!
The millennial generation is completely comfortable with online technology. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
So why are we fighting it in the classroom? 暂时没有中文字幕!
Let's not fight it. Let's embrace it. 暂时没有中文字幕!
embrace:n.拥抱,怀抱;v.拥抱;乐意采纳(思想、建议等);信奉;包括;
In fact, I believe -- and I have two fat thumbs , 暂时没有中文字幕!
thumbs:n.拇指;;v.翘起拇指请求搭乘便车;用拇指摸;(thumb的第三人称单数和复数)
I can't text very well -- but I'm willing to bet that with evolution , our kids and their grandchildren will develop really, really little, itty-bitty thumbs to text much better, that evolution will fix all of that stuff. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
bet:n.打赌;赌注;预计;估计;v.下赌注(于);用…打赌;敢说;八成儿; evolution:n.演变;进化;发展;渐进; itty-bitty:adj.极小的(等于itsy-bitsy);
But what if we embraced technology, embraced the millennial generation's natural predilections , and really think about creating these online technologies, blend them into their lives. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
what if:如果…怎么办? embraced:v.拥抱;欣然接受,乐意采纳;信奉;包含;(embrace的过去分词和过去式) predilections:n.喜爱;偏爱;钟爱;(predilection的复数)
So here's what we can do. 暂时没有中文字幕!
So rather than driving our kids into a classroom, herding them out there at 8 o'clock in the morning -- 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
herding:v.(使)向…移动;牧放(牲畜、兽群);(herd的现在分词)
I hated going to class at 8 o'clock in the morning, so why are we forcing our kids to do that? 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
So instead what you do is you have them watch videos and do interactive exercises in the comfort of their dorm rooms, in their bedroom, in the dining room , in the bathroom, wherever they're most creative . 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
dorm:n.(美口)宿舍; dining room:n.餐厅; creative:adj.创造性的;
Then they come into the classroom for some in-person interaction. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
in-person:亲自;外貌上;
They can have discussions amongst themselves. 暂时没有中文字幕!
amongst:prep.在…之中;在…当中(等于among);
They can solve problems together. 暂时没有中文字幕!
They can work with the professor and have the professor answer their questions. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
In fact, with edX, when we were teaching our first course on circuits and electronics around the world, this was happening unbeknownst to us. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
unbeknownst:adv.不知地;adj.不知的;
Two high school teachers at the Sant High School in Mongolia had flipped their classroom, and they were using our video lectures and interactive exercises, where the learners in the high school, 15-year-olds, mind you, would go and do these things in their own homes and they would come into class, and as you see from this image here, they would interact with each other and do some physical laboratory work. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
flipped:v.(使)快速翻转;按(开关);轻掷;(flip的过去分词和过去式) physical:adj.[物]物理的;身体的;物质的;符合自然法则的;n.体格检查; laboratory:n.实验室,研究室;
And the only way we discovered this was they wrote a blog and we happened to stumble upon that blog. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
blog:n.博客;部落格;网络日志; stumble:v.踌躇,蹒跚;失足;犯错;n.绊倒;蹒跚而行;
We were also doing other pilots. 暂时没有中文字幕!
So we did a pilot experimental blended courses, working with San Jose State University in California, again, with the circuits and electronics course. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
experimental:adj.实验的;根据实验的;试验性的; State University:n.(美国)州立大学;
You'll hear that a lot. That course has become sort of like our petri dish of learning. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
petri dish:n.培养皿(作细菌培养等用的有盖玻璃碟);
So there, the students would, again, the instructors flipped the classroom, blended online and in person, and the results were staggering . 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
instructors:n.教练;讲师;指导书(instructor的复数); staggering:adj.惊人的; v.蹒跚; (stagger的现在分词)
Now don't take these results to the bank just yet. 暂时没有中文字幕!
Just wait a little bit longer as we experiment with this some more, but the early results are incredible . 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
incredible:adj.难以置信的,惊人的;
So traditionally , semester upon semester, for the past several years, this course, again, a hard course, had a failure rate of about 40 to 41 percent every semester. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
traditionally:adv.传统上;习惯上;传说上;
With this blended class late last year, the failure rate fell to nine percent. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
So the results can be extremely , extremely good. 暂时没有中文字幕!
extremely:adv.非常,极其;极端地;
Now before we go too far into this, 暂时没有中文字幕!
I'd like to spend some time discussing some key ideas. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
What are some key ideas that makes all of this work? 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
One idea is active learning. 暂时没有中文字幕!
The idea here is, rather than have students walk into class and watch lectures, we replace this with what we call lessons. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
Lessons are interleaved sequences of videos and interactive exercises. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
interleaved:v.交替; (interleave的过去式); sequences:n.[数][计]序列,顺序;继起的事(sequence的复数形式);
So a student might watch a five-, seven-minute video and follow that with an interactive exercise. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
Think of this as the ultimate Socratization of education. 暂时没有中文字幕!
ultimate:adj.最终的;极限的;根本的;n.终极;根本;基本原则;
You teach by asking questions. 暂时没有中文字幕!
And this is a form of learning called active learning, and really promoted by a very early paper, in 1972, by Craik and Lockhart, where they said and discovered 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
promoted:v.促进:促销:提升:(promote的过去分词和过去式)
that learning and retention really relates strongly to the depth of mental processing . 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
retention:n.保留;扣留,滞留;记忆力;闭尿; processing:v.加工;处理;审核;数据处理;v.列队行进;缓缓前进;(process的现在分词)
Students learn much better when they are interacting with the material. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
interacting:v.交流;沟通;合作;相互影响;(interact的现在分词)
The second idea is self-pacing. 暂时没有中文字幕!
Now, when I went to a lecture hall, and if you were like me, by the fifth minute I would lose the professor. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
lecture:n.演讲;讲座;讲课;谴责;v.开讲座;讲授;讲课;指责;告诫
I wasn't all that smart, and I would be scrambling , taking notes, and then I would lose the lecture for the rest of the hour. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
scrambling:v.爬,攀登;争抢;抢占;争夺;艰难地(或仓促地)完成(scramble的现在分词)
Instead, wouldn't it be nice with online technologies, we offer videos and interactive engagements to students? 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
engagements:n.订婚;订婚期间;约定,约会;战斗;(engagement的复数)
They can hit the pause button. 暂时没有中文字幕!
They can rewind the professor. 暂时没有中文字幕!
rewind:n.重绕;倒带器;vt.倒回;重绕;vi.倒回;重绕;
Heck , they can even mute the professor. 暂时没有中文字幕!
Heck:n.(英口)同"hell",表示略微烦恼或吃惊; mute:adj.沉默的;无声的;哑的;n.弱音器;哑巴;v.消音;减音;减弱;缓解;
So this form of self-pacing can be very helpful to learning. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
The third idea that we have is instant feedback . 暂时没有中文字幕!
feedback:n.反馈;反馈意见;回授;[电子]反馈;
With instant feedback, the computer grades exercises. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
I mean, how else do you teach 150,000 students? 暂时没有中文字幕!
Your computer is grading all the exercises. 暂时没有中文字幕!
And we've all submitted homeworks , and your grades come back two weeks later, you've forgotten all about it. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
submitted:v.提交;顺从;投降;表示;认为;建议;(submit的过去分词和过去式) homeworks:作业资料;家庭办公;煌家;
I don't think I've still received some of my homeworks from my undergraduate days. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
undergraduate:n.本科生;
Some are never graded. 暂时没有中文字幕!
So with instant feedback, students can try to apply answers. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
If they get it wrong, they can get instant feedback. 暂时没有中文字幕!
They can try it again and try it again, and this really becomes much more engaging . 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
engaging:adj.有趣的; v.吸引住(注意力、兴趣); (engage的现在分词)
They get the instant feedback, and this little green check mark that you see here is becoming somewhat of a cult symbol at edX. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
somewhat:n.几分;某物;adv.有点;多少;几分;稍微; cult:n.崇拜; adj.受特定群体欢迎的; symbol:n.象征;符号;标志;
Learners are telling us that they go to bed at night dreaming of the green check mark. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
In fact, one of our learners who took the circuits course early last year, he then went on to take a software course from Berkeley at the end of the year, and this is what the learner had to say on our discussion board when he just started that course about the green check mark: 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
"Oh god; have I missed you." 暂时没有中文字幕!
When's the last time you've seen students posting comments like this about homework? 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
My colleague Ed Bertschinger, who heads up the physics department at MIT, has this to say about instant feedback: 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
colleague:n.同事,同僚;
He indicated that instant feedback turns teaching moments into learning outcomes . 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
indicated:v.表明;显示;象征;暗示;示意;(indicate的过去分词和过去式) outcomes:n.结果;成果;后果;出路;(outcome的复数)
The next big idea is gamification. 暂时没有中文字幕!
You know, all learners engage really well with interactive videos and so on. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
You know, they would sit down and shoot alien spaceships all day long until they get it. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
all day long:"allday"的变体;整天;一整天;终日;
So we applied these gamification techniques to learning, and we can build these online laboratories. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
applied:adj.应用的;实用的;v.应用;使用;申请,请求;(apply的过去分词和过去式) techniques:n.技巧;技艺;工艺;技术;(technique的复数)
How do you teach creativity? How do you teach design? 暂时没有中文字幕!
We can do this through online labs and use computing power to build these online labs. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
labs:n.实验室;实验大楼;(lab的复数) computing:n.计算;计算机技术;信息处理技术;v.计算;求出;(compute的现在分词)
So as this little video shows here, you can engage students much like they design with Legos . 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
Legos:n.乐高玩具(德国一个积木玩具品牌);
So here, the learners are building a circuit with Lego-like ease. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
And this can also be graded by the computer. 暂时没有中文字幕!
Fifth is peer learning. 暂时没有中文字幕!
So here, we use discussion forums and discussions and Facebook-like interaction not as a distraction , but to really help students learn. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
forums:n.论坛; (forum的复数) distraction:n.注意力分散;消遣;心烦意乱;
Let me tell you a story. 暂时没有中文字幕!
When we did our circuits course for the 155,000 students, 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
I didn't sleep for three nights leading up to the launch of the course. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
I told my TAs, okay, 24/7, we're going to be up monitoring the forum, answering questions. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
They had answered questions for 100 students. 暂时没有中文字幕!
How do you do that for 150,000? 暂时没有中文字幕!
So one night I'm sitting up there, at 2 a.m. at night, and I think there's this question from a student from Pakistan, and he asked a question, and I said, okay, let me go and type up an answer, 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
I don't type all that fast, and I begin typing up the answer, and before I can finish, another student from Egypt popped in with an answer, not quite right, so I'm fixing the answer, and before I can finish, a student from the U.S. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
had popped in with a different answer. 暂时没有中文字幕!
And then I sat back, fascinated. 暂时没有中文字幕!
Boom, boom, boom, boom, the students were discussing and interacting with each other, and by 4 a.m. that night, I'm totally fascinated, having this epiphany, and by 4 a.m. in the morning, they had discovered the right answer. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
And all I had to do was go and bless it, "Good answer." 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
So this is absolutely amazing, where students are learning from each other, and they're telling us that they are learning by teaching. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
Now this is all not just in the future. 暂时没有中文字幕!
This is happening today. 暂时没有中文字幕!
So we are applying these blended learning pilots in a number of universities and high schools around the world, from Tsinghua in China to the National University of Mongolia in Mongolia to Berkeley in California -- all over the world. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
And these kinds of technologies really help, the blended model can really help revolutionize education. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
revolutionize:vt.发动革命;彻底改革;宣传革命;vi.革命化;从事革命;
It can also solve a practical problem of MOOCs, the business aspect. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
practical:adj.实际的;真实的;客观存在的;n.实习课;实践课;
We can also license these MOOC courses to other universities, and therein lies a revenue model for MOOCs, where the university that licenses it with the professor can use these online courses like the next-generation textbook. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
therein:adv.在其中;在那里; revenue:n.收益;营业额;税务署; licenses:n.许可(license的复数);授权;v.允许(license的三单形式);
They can use as much or as little as they like, and it becomes a tool in the teacher's arsenal . 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
arsenal:n.兵工厂;军械库;
Finally , I would like to have you dream with me for a little bit. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
Finally:adv.终于;最终;(用于列举)最后;彻底地;
I would like us to really reimagine education. 暂时没有中文字幕!
We will have to move from lecture halls to e-spaces. 暂时没有中文字幕!
We have to move from books to tablets like the Aakash in India or the Raspberry Pi, 20 dollars. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
tablets:n.药片;片剂;(固定于墙上作纪念的)牌,碑,匾;(tablet的第三人称单数和复数) Raspberry:n.覆盆子;山莓;悬钩子;嘘声
The Aakash is 40 dollars. 暂时没有中文字幕!
We have to move from bricks-and-mortar school buildings to digital dormitories . 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
bricks-and-mortar:传统的实体企业; dormitories:n.学生宿舍,宿舍(dormitory复数);
But I think at the end of the day, 暂时没有中文字幕!
I think we will still need one lecture hall in our universities. 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
Otherwise, how else do we tell our grandchildren that your grandparents sat in that room in neat little rows like cornstalks and watched this professor at the end talk about content and, you know, you didn't even have a rewind button? 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕! 暂时没有中文字幕!
neat:adj.整洁的;整齐的;有序的;有条理的; cornstalks:n.玉米秆;谷类的秆; content:n.内容,目录;满足;容量;adj.满意的;vt.使满足;
Thank you. 暂时没有中文字幕!
(Applause) 暂时没有中文字幕!
Thank you. Thank you. (Applause) 暂时没有中文字幕!