|
|
AmyPadnani_2019S-_如何对被历史忽略的人致敬_-
|
My name is Amy Padnani, and I'm an editor on the obituaries desk at the "New York Times." |
我是艾咪?帕纳尼, 负责《纽约时报》讣文的编辑。 |
obituaries:n.讣闻;讣告;(obituary的复数)
|
Or, as some friends call me, the angel of death. |
或者,有些朋友会称我为死亡天使。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
In fact, people will ask me, "Isn't it depressing , working on obituaries and thinking about death all the time?" |
事实上,大家会问我: 「做讣文的工作, 时时刻刻想着死亡, 不会很让人沮丧吗?」 |
depressing:adj.令人抑郁的; v.使沮丧; (depress的现在分词)
|
But you know what I tell them? |
猜猜我怎么回答他们? |
Obits aren't about death, they're about life, they're interesting, they're relatable. |
讣文的重点不是死,而是生, 讣文是有趣的,让人能体会的。 |
Obits:n.讣告;忌辰;葬礼;(obit的复数)
|
Often about something you never knew. |
通常会写一些你不知道的事。 |
Recently , for example, we had the obit for the inventor of the sock puppet . |
比如,最近, 我们为袜子玩偶的发明者写了讣文。 |
Recently:adv.最近;新近; puppet:n.木偶;傀儡;
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
Everyone knows what a sock puppet is, but have you ever thought about who created it, or what their life was like? |
大家都知道袜子玩偶, 但你们曾经想过是谁发明的, 他们的生活是什么样子的吗? |
Obits are a signature form of journalism . |
讣文是极具新闻报导特色的文体。 |
signature:n.署名;签名;信号; journalism:n.新闻业,新闻工作;报章杂志;
|
An art form, if you will. |
也可说是种艺术形式。 |
It's an opportunity for a writer to weave the tale of a person's life into a beautiful narrative . |
它让作者有机会 将一个人的人生故事 编织成美丽的描述。 |
weave:v.编,织;(用…)编成;编造(故事等);n.织法;编法;编织式样; narrative:n.叙述;故事;讲述;adj.叙事的,叙述的;叙事体的;
|
Since 1851, the "New York Times" has published thousands of obituaries. |
从 1851 年起, 《纽约时报》已经刊出了 数以千计的讣文。 |
For heads of state, famous celebrities , even the person who came up with the name on the Slinky . |
对象包括元首、名人, 甚至那位将螺旋弹簧玩具 取名为 Slinky 的人。 |
celebrities:n.名人;名誉;(celebrity的复数) Slinky:adj.(指女装)紧身的,线条优美的;鬼鬼祟祟的;
|
There's just one problem. |
只有一个问题。 |
Only a small percentage of them chronicle the lives of women and people of color. |
只有一小部分的讣文 是在记录女性和有色人种的人生。 |
percentage:n.百分比;百分率;利润的分成;提成; chronicle:n.编年史,年代记;记录;vt.记录;把…载入编年史;
|
That's the impetus behind a project I created called " Overlooked ," |
出于这个动机, |
impetus:n.动力;促进;冲力; Overlooked:n.被忽视;v.忽视(overlook的过去式和过去分词形式);忽略;俯瞰;
|
which tells the stories of marginalized groups of people who never got an obit. |
目的是幫被边缘化的族群说故事, 他们从来没有讣文。 |
marginalized:使边缘化;忽略;排斥(marginalize的过去式和过去分词);
|
It's a chance for the newspaper to revisit its 168-year existence and fill in the gaps for people who were, for whatever reason, left out. |
这是个机会,让报社能 重温它 168 年的历史, 为那些不论因为什么理由 而被排除的人, |
revisit:vt.重游;再访;重临;n.再访问; gaps:n.差异,缺口;缝隙(gap的复数形式);v.裂开;使豁裂(gap的第三人称单数形式);
|
It's a chance to right the wrongs of the past, and to refocus society's lens on who is considered important. |
这是个可以修正过去的错误的机会, 重新调整社会的焦点, 重新思考谁是重要的。 |
refocus:v.[摄]重新对焦; lens:n.透镜,镜头;晶状体;隐形眼镜;汽车的灯玻璃;v.给…摄影;
|
I came up with the idea when I first joined Obituaries in 2017. |
我是在 2017 年刚加入 讣文团队时想出这个点子。 |
The Black Lives Matter movement was at a rolling boil, and the conversation on gender inequality had just started bubbling up again. |
当时「黑命贵」活动 正如火如荼展开, 关于性别不平等的谈话 又开始冒出来。 |
gender:n.性别; bubbling:v.起泡;冒泡;洋溢着(某种感情);(bubble的现在分词)
|
And at the same time , I wondered, as a journalist and as a woman of color, what could I do to help advance this conversation. |
同时,我很纳闷, 身为记者以及有色人种女性, 我要怎么做才能协助 促进这种谈话? |
at the same time:同时;另一方面;与此同时; journalist:n.新闻工作者;报人;记日志者;
|
People were coming out of the shadows to tell stories of injustices that they had faced, and I could feel their pain. |
大家开始走出阴影, 说出他们遭遇到不公的故事, 我能感受到他们的痛苦。 |
injustices:n.不公正;不讲道义;
|
So I noticed we would get these emails, sometimes, from readers, saying, "Hey, why don't you have more women and people of color in your obituaries?" |
我注意到,有时我们 会收到一些读者来信, 说:「嘿,为什么你们不多刋载 一些女性和有色人种的讣文?」 |
And I thought, "Yeah, why don't we?" |
我心想:「是啊,为什么不?」 |
Since I was new to the team, I asked my colleagues , and they said, "Well, the people who are dying today are from a generation when women and people of color weren't invited to the table to make a difference . |
因为我才刚进入团队, 我跑去问同事这件事, 而他们说:「现今过世的人, 在他们生活的年代, 女性和有色人种 不会被邀请一起创造不同。 |
colleagues:n.同事;同行(colleague的复数); make a difference:有影响,有关系;
|
Perhaps in a generation or two, we'll start to see more women and people of color in our obituaries." |
也许再过一、两个世代, 我们就会有更多女性 和有色人种的讣文。」 |
That answer just wasn't satisfying at all. |
这答案一点也不让人满意。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
I wanted to know: Where are all the dead women? |
我想要知道:死掉的 女性都到哪去了? |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
So I started thinking about how we hear about people who have died, right? |
所以,我开始思考, 我们如何得知人的死讯? |
Number one way is through reader submissions . |
排名第一的方式是由读者提交。 |
submissions:n.投降;归顺;提交;看法,意见;(submission的复数)
|
And so I thought, "Well, what if we were to look at international newspapers or scour social media ?" |
所以,我心想: 「如果我们去看国际性的报纸 或搜寻社交媒体呢?」 |
what if:如果…怎么办? scour:vi.冲刷; vt.擦亮,洗涤; n.擦,冲刷; (畜类等的)腹泻; media:n.媒体;媒质(medium的复数);血管中层;浊塞音;中脉;
|
It was around this time when ... |
大约在此时…… |
Everything was swirling in my mind, and I came across a website about Mary Outerbridge. |
我脑中好多想法在转, 我刚好看了一个关于 玛丽?奥特布里奇的网站。 |
swirling:v.(使)打旋,旋动,起旋涡;(swirl的现在分词)
|
She was credited with introducing tennis to America in 1874. |
1874 年网球被引入 美国是她的功劳。 |
And I thought, wow, one of the biggest sports in America was introduced by a woman? |
我心想,哇,这是美国 最盛行的运动之一, 竟是由女性引入的? |
Does anyone even know that? |
有人知道这件事吗? |
And did she get a New York Times obituary ? |
《纽约时报》有刊她的讣文吗? |
obituary:adj.讣告的;死亡的;n.讣告;
|
Spoiler alert -- she did not. |
警告,有雷——答案是没有。 |
Spoiler:n.剧透(透露与电影,书籍或者游戏内容有关的信息。); alert:n.警报; adj.警觉的; v.向…报警;
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
So then I wondered who else we missed. |
接着,我开始纳闷还漏了谁? |
And it sent me on this deep dive through the archives . |
为此,我埋首到檔案资料庫中。 |
dive:n.潜水;跳水;俯冲;猛冲;v.猛冲;(头朝下)跳入水中;[体]跳水(运动); archives:n.档案;档案馆;v.把…存档;(archive的第三人称单数和复数)
|
There were some surprises. |
我找到一些惊喜。 |
The pioneering journalist Ida B. Wells, who started the campaign against lynching . |
先驱记者艾达?威尔斯 发起一个反私刑的活动。 |
lynching:n.处以私刑;处私刑杀害;v.以私刑处死(lynch的ing形式);
|
The brilliant poet Sylvia Plath. |
出色的诗人希薇亚?普拉斯。 |
Ada Lovelace, a mathematician now recognized as the first computer programmer. |
数学家爱达?勒芙蕾丝 如今被公认是首位电脑程式设计师。 |
mathematician:n.数学家;善作数字计算的人; recognized:v.认识;认出;辨别出;承认;意识到;(recognize的过去分词和过去式)
|
So I went back to my team and I said, "What if we were to tell their stories now?" |
我回去告诉我的团队: 「如果我们现在来说 她们的故事呢?」 |
It took a while to get buy-in . |
花了一点时间大家才买帐。 |
buy-in:n.(证券或商品交易中的)空头购入; vt.(证券或商品市场上在交割日期前以空头)买进; vi.(证券或商品市场上在交割日期前以空头)买进;
|
There was this concern that, you know, the newspaper might look bad because it didn't get it right the first time. |
你们知道的,大家都会担心 报社可能会难堪, 因为它在第一次时没有做对。 |
concern:v.涉及,关系到;使担心;n.关系;关心;关心的事;
|
It was also a little weird to sort of look back at the past, rather than cover news stories of our day. |
而且这样做有点怪, 因为我们回头看过去, 而不是报导现今的新故事。 |
weird:adj.奇怪的;奇异的;离奇的;n.命运;宿命;命运女神;
|
But I said, "Guys, I really think this is worthwhile ." |
但,我说:「各位, 我真的认为这很值得。」 |
worthwhile:adj.值得做的,值得花时间的;
|
And once my team saw the value in it, they were all in. |
一旦我的团队看到了它的价值, 他们全都加入了。 |
And so, with the help of a dozen writers and editors, we launched on March 8, 2018, with the stories of 15 remarkable women. |
所以,在十多名作家 和编辑的协助下, 我们在 2018 年 3 月 8 日发表, 推出十五位杰出女性的故事。 |
launched:v.发射;发起;开展;开始;(launch的过去式和过去分词) remarkable:adj.卓越的;非凡的;值得注意的;
|
And while I knew that the work my team was doing was powerful, |
虽然我知道我的团队 所做的事很强大, |
I didn't expect the response to be equally powerful. |
但我并没有预期到 得到的反应也会同等强大。 |
response:n.响应;反应;回答;
|
I had hundreds of emails. |
我收到数百封电子邮件。 |
They were from people who said, "Thank you for finally giving these women a voice." |
来信的人写说: 「谢谢你们终于 给了这些女性声音。」 |
finally:adv.终于;最终;(用于列举)最后;彻底地;
|
They were from readers who said, "I cried on my way to work, reading these stories, because I felt seen for the first time." |
来信的读者写说: 「我去上班的路上 边读这些故事边哭, 因为这是我第一次 感到被看见了。 」 |
And they were from colleagues of mine, who said, "I never thought a woman of color would be allowed to achieve something like this at the 'New York Times.'" |
我的同事来信,写说: 「我从没想过,有色人种女性 会被允许在《纽约时报》 达成这样子的成就。」 |
I also got about 4,000 reader submissions suggesting who else we might have overlooked. |
我还收到来自读者的建议, 总共有大约四千个 我们可能忽略掉的人。 |
And some of those are my favorite stories in the project. |
其中有一些是这个计画中 我很喜欢的故事。 |
My all-time favorite is Grandma Gatewood. |
我最爱的是盖特伍德祖母。 |
all-time:adj.空前的;全部时间的;历来的;
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
She survived 30 years of domestic violence at the hands of her husband. |
她被丈夫家暴了三十年后幸存下来。 |
domestic:n.佣人;家佣;家庭纠纷;家庭矛盾;adj.本国的;国内的;家用的;家庭的; violence:n.暴力;侵犯;激烈;歪曲;
|
One day, he beat her so badly, beyond recognition , he even broke a broomstick over her head, and she threw flour in his face in response. |
有一次,他把她打到不成人形, 他甚至用帚柄打她的头, 打到帚柄断掉, 她的反应是朝他的脸丢面粉。 |
recognition:n.识别;认识;承认;认可; broomstick:n.扫帚柄;帚柄;
|
But when the police arrived, they arrested her, not him. |
但警察抵达的时候, 他们逮捕的是她,不是他。 |
The mayor saw her in jail and took her into his own home until she could get back on her feet. |
市长到监狱去看她, 把她带到他自己的家中, 直到她能再站起来。 |
mayor:n.市长;镇长; jail:n.监狱;监牢;拘留所;v.监禁;下狱;
|
Then, one day, she read this article in "National Geographic " |
接着,有一天,她读到 《国家地理杂志》的一篇文章, |
Geographic:adj.地理的;地理学的;
|
about how no woman had ever hiked the Appalachian Trail in its entirety alone. |
提到没有任何女性曾经 单独健行走完过阿帕拉契小径。 |
hiked:vi.远足;徒步旅行;上升;vt.提高;拉起;使…高涨;n.远足;徒步旅行;涨价; Trail:v.(被)拖,拉;疲惫地走,磨蹭;落后,失败;n.痕迹;踪迹;小路;路线; entirety:n.全部;完全;
|
And she said, "You know what? I'm going to do it." |
她说:「你知道吗?让我来吧!」 |
Reporters caught wind of the old grandma who is hiking through the woods. |
记者听到风声,得知 老祖母在健行穿越树林。 |
And at the finish, they asked her, "How did you survive so rough a place?" |
在终点,他们问她: 「你是怎么撑过 这么困苦的地方?」 |
But they had no idea what she had survived before that. |
但他们不知道她之前 撑过怎样的情况。 |
So, "Overlooked" has become wildly successful. |
所以,「被忽略」获得广大的成功。 |
wildly:adv.野生地;野蛮地;狂暴地;鲁莽地;
|
It's becoming a TV show now, on Netflix . |
它即将变成网飞上的电视节目。 |
Netflix:n.网飞公司(出租DVD;在线观看电影的网站。);
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
I cannot wait to see this thing come to life. |
我等不及看到它推出了。 |
I cannot wait to:我等不及了…;
|
Something like 25 different publishers have reached out to me with interest in turning "Overlooked" into a book. |
大概有二十五家出版商来找过我, 他们有兴趣将「被忽略」 出版成书。 |
publishers:n.出版商,出版公司;出版社(publisher的复数);
|
All of this clearly shows how timely and necessary this project is. |
这一切都显示,这个计画 推出得多是时候,且多么必要。 |
timely:adj.及时的;适时的;adv.及时地;早;
|
It's also a reminder of how newspapers document what's happening in our world every single day, and we have to make sure not to leave out key people. |
它也有提醒作用, 报纸记录了我们的世界中 每天所发生的事, 我们得要确保 没有重要的人被遗漏。 |
That's why, even though it's been so meaningful to look back in the past, |
那就是何以回顾过去虽然有意义, |
meaningful:adj.严肃的;重要的;重大的;意味深长的;
|
I'm plagued with the lingering question: "What about the future of obituaries -- how do I diversify those?" |
但我仍然不断想着一个问题: 「讣文的未来是什么—— 我要如何做到多元化?」 |
plagued:v.困扰(plague的过去分词);折磨; lingering:adj.拖延的; v.继续存留; (linger的现在分词) diversify:vt.使多样化,使变化;增加产品种类以扩大;
|
That was my original problem, right? |
那是我最原始的问题,对吧? |
original:n.原件;原作;原物;原型;adj.原始的;最初的;独创的;新颖的;
|
So to start answering this question, I wanted to gather some information. |
所以,为了开始回答这个问题, 我想要收集一些资讯。 |
I went down to the sub-sub-basement level of the New York Times Building, to the archives. |
我跑到纽约时报大楼 地下室之下再下两层, 去檔案庫。 |
We call it the morgue . |
我们叫它停尸间。 |
morgue:n.陈尸所;资料室,资料档案;
|
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
And I asked for some guidance from our archivist there. |
我向那里的檔案管理员询求指引。 |
archivist:n.案卷保管人;档案保管员;
|
He pointed me to a book called "New York Times Obituaries Index ." |
他介绍我一本书, 叫做《纽约时报讣文索引》。 |
Index:n.指标;指数;索引;指针;v.做索引;指出;编入索引中;
|
So we handed it to the New York Genealogical Society, and they digitized it for us. |
我们把书交给纽约宗谱协会, 他们协助将书做数位化。 |
Genealogical:adj.宗谱的;系谱的;家系的; digitized:adj.数字化的;v.使数字化(digitize的过去分词);
|
And then a programmer wrote up a program that scanned all those headlines for "Mr.," Mrs.," "Lady," "Sir," all the sort of gender-defining terms. |
接着,一位程式设计师写了 一个程式来扫过所有的标题, 找出和性别相关的词,例如 「先生」、「太太」、「女士」。 |
only about 15 to 20 percent of our obits were on women. |
只有 15% 至 20% 的讣文 是女性的讣文。 |
So next, I worked with a programmer to build this tool, called the diversity analysis tool. |
接着,我和一名程式设计师合作, 建造了一个多样性分析工具。 |
diversity:n.差异(性):多样性:多样化: analysis:n.分析;分解;验定;
|
It's a very dry name, but bear with me, it's super helpful. |
这个名字很枯燥,但忍耐一下, 因为它很有幫助。 |
It breaks down the percentage of our obits month to month, women to men. |
它能将讣文细分成每个月, 女性和男性,并计算百分比。 |
OK, if that doesn't sound like much to you, this is how I used to calculate it before. |
如果你觉得这听起来没什么, 我以前的做法是这样。 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
So I asked this programmer to program in a goal, and that goal was 30 percent. |
所以我请程式设计师 把目标值写进程式, 目标值是 30%。 |
From the year of "Overlooked's" launch, March of 2018, to March of 2019, |
从「被忽略」推出的 那一年,2018 年 3 月, 到 2019 年 3 月, |
I was hoping we could get to 30 percent of our obits on women. |
我希望能达成 30% 的讣文 是女性的讣文。 |
It was a number we hadn't achieved in a 168 years, and I'm happy to say we did it -- we got to 31 percent. |
这是 168 年来我们 都没有达到的数字, 我很高兴告诉各位, 我们做到了——达到 31%。 |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
It's awesome , but it's not enough. |
那很棒,但还不够。 |
awesome:adj.令人敬畏的;使人畏惧的;可怕的;极好的;
|
Next we're hoping to get to 35 percent, and then 40 percent, until we achieve parity . |
接着,我们希望能达到 35%, 接着 40%,直到和男性平等。 |
parity:n.平价;同等;相等;
|
And then I'm hoping to partner with this programmer again, to build a similar tool to measure people of color in our obits. |
接着,我希望能 再和这位程式设计师合作, 写一个类似的工具来测量 有多少是有色人种的讣文。 |
That was something I wanted to do with "Overlooked" too, to include men of color, and I finally got to do it with a special section for Black History Month, where we told the stories of about a dozen black men and women. |
我也想在「被忽略」计画里 纳入有色人种男性, 而这也终于成真了,我们有个 特殊区块「黑人历史月」。 而这也终于成真了,我们有个 特殊区块「黑人历史月」。 在这里我们会诉说数十位 黑人男性和女性的故事。 |
Again, it was a really powerful experience. |
同样的,这也是很强大的体验。 |
Many of these people had been slaves or were a generation removed from slavery . |
这些人当中有许多曾经是奴隶, 或是到那个世代才脱离奴隶制度。 |
slavery:n.奴隶制;奴隶身份;蓄奴;adj.流口水的;被口水弄脏的;
|
A lot of them had to make up stories about their past just to get ahead in life. |
当中许多人得要捏造自己的过去, 才能够在人生中向前行。 |
And there were these patterns of their struggles that came up again and again . |
他们的挣扎有着相同的模式, 一而再再而三地出现。 |
again and again:adv.再三地,反复地;
|
Elizabeth Jennings, for instance , had to fight for her right to ride on segregated street cars in New York City -- a hundred years before Rosa Parks did the exact same thing with buses. |
比如,伊莉莎白?詹宁斯 努力争取权力, 想要在纽约市乘坐 种族隔离的电车—— 一百年后,罗莎?帕克斯做了 同样的事,只是换成公车。 |
instance:n.实例;情况;建议;v.举...为例; segregated:adj.被隔离的;v.隔离(segregate的过去式);分离;
|
It was just a reminder of how far we've come, and how much more we still have left to do. |
这只是在提醒我们 现在有了多少进步, 以及还有多少有待我们去做。 |
'"Overlooked" is including other marginalized people as well. |
「被忽略」还要纳入 其他被边缘化的人。 |
Recently, we had the obit for the computer programmer Alan Turing . |
我们最近为程式设计师 艾伦?图灵写了讣文。 |
Turing:n.图灵机(一种可不受储存容量限制的假想计算机);
|
Believe it or not, this brilliant man never got an obituary, even though his work decoding German messages during World War II helps end the war. |
信不信由你,这位才子 从来没有被刊上讣文, 即使他写的程式在二次世界大战中 破解了德国的加密讯息, 协助终结战争。 |
decoding:v.解码;破译(尤指密码);译解,理解(外文);(decode的现在分词)
|
Instead, he died a criminal for his sexual orientation , and he was forced to endure chemical castration . |
他反而因为性向, 以罪犯的身分死去, 他还被迫忍受化学阉割。 |
sexual:adj.性的;性别的;有性的; orientation:n.方向;定向;适应;情况介绍;向东方; endure:v.忍受;忍耐;持续;持久; chemical:n.化学制品,化学药品;adj.化学的; castration:n.阉割;[农学]去雄;
|
Great things, like this obits project, do not come easily. |
伟大的事,像这个讣文计画, 都很不容易。 |
There were a lot of fits and starts as I worked hard to convince people it was worth getting it off the ground . |
当我努力试图说服大家 这个计画很值得推行时, 也遇到很多波折。 |
fits and starts:时断时续的,间歇的,一阵阵的; convince:v.使确信;使相信;说服,劝说; off the ground:已开始的;在进行中;
|
There were moments when I faced great self-doubt . |
有些时候,我也会强烈怀疑自己。 |
self-doubt:n.自我怀疑;缺少自信;
|
I wondered if I was crazy or if I was all alone, and if I should just give up. |
我很纳闷我是否疯了 或是否孤立无援, 我该不该放弃? |
When I've seen the reaction to this project, |
当我看到这个计画的反应, |
reaction:n.反应,感应;反动,复古;反作用;
|
I know I'm not at all alone. |
我知道我并不孤单。 |
not at all:毫无;一点也不;不用谢;
|
There's so many people who feel the way I do. |
有好多人跟我有一样的感受。 |
And so yeah, not many people think about obituaries. |
没错,很少人会去思考讣文。 |
But when you do, you realize they're a testament to a human life. |
但如果你去试着思考讣文, 会发现它们是人生的证明。 |
testament:n.[法]遗嘱;圣约;确实的证明;
|
They're the last chance to talk about somebody's contribution on the world. |
它们是谈论一个人在世界上 做了什么贡献的最后机会。 |
contribution:n.捐款;捐资;定期缴款;贡献;促成作用;稿件;
|
They were also an example of who society deemed important. |
它们也是个例子, 说明社会重视什么人。 |
deemed:v.认为;视为;相信;(deem的过去分词和过去式)
|
A hundred years from now, somebody could be looking into the past to see what our time was like. |
一百年后, 会有人回顾过去, 看看我们的时代是怎样的。 |
I'm lucky, as a journalist, to have been able to have used this form of storytelling to help shift a narrative. |
我很幸运,身为记者, 我能够使用这种说故事的形式 来协助转变说故事的方式。 |
storytelling:n.讲故事;说谎话;adj.讲故事的;说谎的; shift:n.移动;变化;手段;轮班;v.移动;转变;转换;
|
I was also able to get an established institution to question its own status quo . |
我也让一间有信誉的机构 能够去质疑它自己的现况。 |
established:adj.已确立的;著名的;v.建立;创立;设立;(establish的过去分词和过去式) institution:n.制度;建立;(社会或宗教等)公共机构;习俗; status quo:n.现状;原来的状况;
|
Little by little , I'm hoping I can keep doing this work, and continue refocusing society's lens so that nobody else gets overlooked. |
我希望我能一点一点 继续进行这项工作, 继续改变社会的焦点, 不要让任何人被忽略。 |
Little by little:渐渐;逐渐地; refocusing:v.归核化;再聚焦;使重新集中(refocus的ing形式);
|
Thank you. |
谢谢。 |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |