|
|
AmitSood_2011-_建一个包罗博物馆的网络博物馆_
|
My name is Amit. |
我叫阿密特 |
And 18 months ago, I had another job at Google , and I pitched this idea of doing something with museums and art to my boss who's actually here, and she allowed me to do it. |
18月以前,我在谷歌有另外一个工作 我跟我的老板提出了这个点子 想要在艺术和博物馆方面做些事情 我老板今天也在这里 她同意了 |
Google:谷歌;谷歌搜索引擎; pitched:adj.倾斜的;v.用力扔;投;抛;投球;当投手;触地;(pitch的过去分词和过去式)
|
And it took 18 months. |
历经18个月 |
A lot of fun, negotiations and stories, I can tell you, with 17 very interesting museums from nine countries. |
经历了很多有趣的谈判和故事,我可以跟你们聊 走了9个国家,接触了17个非常有意思的博物馆 |
negotiations:n.谈判(negotiation的复数);磋商;
|
But I'm going to focus on the demo . |
但是我先要集中介绍这个演示 |
demo:v.试用(尤指软件);演示;示范;n.试样唱片;录音样带;
|
There are a lot of stories about why we did this. |
我可以讲很多故事来解释我们为什么要做这件事 |
I think my personal story is explained very simply on the slide, and it's access. |
我个人的故事很简单地在幻灯片上写明着 就是如何进入(参观这些艺术品) |
personal:adj.个人的;身体的;亲自的;n.人事消息栏;人称代名词;
|
And I grew up in India. |
我在印度长大 |
I had a great education -- I'm not complaining -- but I didn't have access to a lot of these museums and these artworks . |
我得到了很好的教育,我不想抱怨什么 但是我没有很多参观这些博物馆和艺术品的机会 |
complaining:adj.抱怨的;v.抱怨;控诉;(complain的现在分词) artworks:艺术品(artwork的名词复数);
|
And so when I started traveling and going to these museums, |
所以当我有机会旅游很参观这些博物馆时 |
I started learning a lot. |
我开始学到了很多东西 |
And while working at Google, |
当我在谷歌工作后 |
I tried to put this desire to make it more accessible with technology together. |
我萌发了 融入技术使其更容易为大家进入参观的想法 |
accessible:adj.易接近的;可进入的;可理解的; technology:n.技术;工艺;术语;
|
So we formed a team, a great team of people, and we started doing this. |
所以我们建立了一个团队,一个很棒的小组 我们开始从事这个工作 |
I'm going to probably get into the demo and then tell you a couple of the interesting things we've had since launch . |
我先进入演示 然后给你们讲几个这个项目启动后 几个有趣的故事 |
launch:v.发射(导弹,火箭等); n.发射;
|
So, simple: you come to GoogleArtProject.com. |
所以, 很简单, 你到GoogleArtProject.com |
You look around at all these museums here. |
你看到所有这些博物馆 |
You've got the Uffizi, you've got the MoMA, the Hermitage , the Rijks, the Van Gogh. |
你看到乌菲兹博物馆,你看见纽约现代艺术博物馆 艾尔米塔什博物馆, 荷兰国立博物馆,凡高博物馆 |
Hermitage:n.隐士生活;隐士住处; Van:n.厢式货车;客货车;v.选矿;用车搬运;
|
I'm going to actually get to one of my favorites, the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. |
现在让我到其中我最喜欢的一个 纽约大都会艺术博物馆 |
Metropolitan:adj.大都市的;大主教辖区的;宗主国的;n.大城市人;大主教;宗主国的公民;
|
Two ways of going in -- very simple. |
有两种进入的方法, 非常简单 |
Click and, bang , you're in this museum. |
点击,砰,你进了博物馆, |
bang:n.猛敲; v.猛敲; v.正好;
|
It doesn't matter where you are -- |
无论你在哪里 |
Bombay, Mexico, it doesn't really matter. |
孟买,墨西哥, 都无所谓 |
You move around , you have fun. |
你到处转转,你尽情享受 |
move around:v.走来走去;绕着…来回转;
|
You want to navigate around the museum? |
你想要在博物馆中按平面图走一圈 |
navigate:vt.驾驶,操纵;使通过;航行于;vi.航行,航空;
|
Open the plan up, and, in one click, jump. |
你把平面图打开 点击一下,跳入 |
You're in there, you want to go to the end of the corridor . |
你就进去了,你想要走到走廊尽头 |
corridor:n.通道;过道;走廊(一国领土通过他国境内的狭长地带);
|
Keep going. Have fun. |
继续走,玩得开心 |
Explore . |
探索一番 |
Explore:v.探索:探测:探险:
|
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
Thanks. I haven't come to the best part. |
谢谢。 我还没讲到最好的部分呢 |
(Laughter) |
(笑声) |
So now I'm in front of one of my favorite paintings, "The Harvesters " by Pieter Bruegel at the Met. |
现在我面对着我最喜欢的一幅画 彼得·勃鲁盖尔的收割者 |
Harvesters:n.收割机;收割庄稼的人;(harvester的复数)
|
I see this plus sign. |
我看见这个+号 |
If the museum has given us the image, you click on it. |
如果博物馆给我们图象,你点击它 |
Now this is one of the images . |
这是其中的一幅图象 |
images:n.印象;声誉;形象;画像;雕像;(image的第三人称单数和复数)
|
So this is all of the meta-data information. |
这里是所有的元数据信息 |
meta-data:元数据;
|
For those of you who are truly interested in art, you can click this -- but I'm going to click this off right now. |
如果你真的对这个艺术品有兴趣 你可以点击这里, 但是现在我先把它给关了 |
And this is one of these images that we captured in what we call gigapixel technology. |
这是我们拍的一个图象 这是我们所谓的千兆象素技术 |
captured:adj.捕获的;被俘的;v.捕获;占领;引起;(capture的过去式和过去分词)
|
So this image, for example, has close to, I think, around 10 billion pixels . |
比如,这个图象, 接近100亿个像素 |
pixels:n.像素(组成屏幕图像的最小独立元素);(pixel的复数)
|
And I get a lot of people asking me: "What do you get for 10 billion pixels?" |
很多人都问我 “你从100亿个像素中得到什么呢?” |
So I'm going to try and show you what you really get for 10 billion pixels. |
我现在就给你们看100亿个像素给你们提供了什么 |
You can zoom around very simply. |
你可以简便地收缩 |
You see some fun stuff happening here. |
你看见一些有趣的事物 |
stuff:n.东西:物品:基本特征:v.填满:装满:标本:
|
I love this guy; his expression is priceless . |
我热爱这个家伙,他的表情是无价的 |
expression:n.表现,表示,表达; priceless:adj.无价的;极贵重的;非常有趣的;n.非卖品;
|
But then you really want to go deep. |
但是你真的想要进一步深入其中 |
And so I started playing around, and I found something going on over here. |
所以我就到处看看 我看到这里有情况 |
And I was like, "Hold on. That sounds interesting." |
我说:“等一下, 这挺有趣。“ |
Went in, and I started noticing that these kids were actually beating something. |
靠近,我开始注意到 这些孩子正在投掷什么东西 |
I did a little research, spoke to a couple of my contacts at the Met, and actually found out that this is a game called squall , which involves beating a goose with a stick on Shrove Tuesday . |
我研究了一下,跟博物馆的几个人联系人聊了一下 发现原来这是个游戏 叫[不明], 用棍子打鹅 在礼拜二的忏悔日 |
contacts:v.联系,联络;(contact的第三人称单数) squall:vi.嚎啕;尖叫;n.暴风;麻烦;高声哭喊;尖叫;vt.尖声叫着;大声哭喊;起风暴; involves:v.包含;需要;牵涉;牵连;影响;(使)参加,加入(involve的第三人称单数) Shrove Tuesday:n.[宗]忏悔日;美式英语为MardiGras;
|
And apparently it was quite popular. |
竟然还很流行 |
apparently:adv.显然地;似乎,表面上;
|
I don't know why they did it, but I learned something about it. |
我不知道为什么他们这么做 但是我学到点新东西 |
Now just to get really deep in, you can really get to the cracks . |
现在再进入得更深,你就可以看见裂痕了 |
cracks:n.裂纹; v.破裂; (crack的第三人称单数和复数)
|
Now just to give you some perspective , |
现在让我你们看一下远景 |
perspective:n.观点;远景;透视图;adj.透视的;
|
I'm going to zoom out so you really see what you get. |
我来缩小画面,你可以真的看到全部 |
Here is where we were, and this is the painting. |
这是我们的所在地 这是那幅画 |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
The best is yet to come -- so in a second . |
最好的还没讲到呢, 等一下 |
The best is yet to come:最好的尚未来临;最好的都还没来;最好的还在后头; in a second:立刻,很快;
|
So now let's just quickly jump into the MoMA, again in New York. |
现在让我们立刻 进入纽约现代艺术博物馆 |
So another one of my favorites, "The Starry Night." |
我的另一个最爱:“星夜” |
Starry:adj.布满星星的;闪闪发光的;星光照耀的;星形的;
|
Now the example I showed you was all about finding details. |
我刚才给你们讲的例子全是关于细节 |
But what if you want to see brush strokes ? |
那如果你想看笔法呢? |
what if:如果…怎么办? strokes:n.中风; v.轻抚; (stroke的第三人称单数和复数)
|
And what if you want to see how Van Gogh actually created this masterpiece ? |
如果你想看 凡高到底是怎样创造了这幅杰作 |
masterpiece:n.杰作;名著;代表作
|
You zoom in. You really go in. |
你放大, 真的放大 |
I'm going to go to one of my favorite parts in this painting, and I'm really going to get to the cracks. |
我推近到我最喜欢的部分 我真的可以看到裂痕 |
This is "The Starry Night," |
这是“星夜” |
I think, never seen like this before. |
我想,我从来没有这样看过它 |
I'm going to show you my other favorite feature. |
我要给你们介绍另外一个我喜欢的功能 |
There's a lot of other stuff here, but I don't have time. |
这儿有很多东西,我没时间一一介绍 |
This is the real cool part. It's called Collections. |
这是特别酷的一个部分,叫收藏 |
Any one of you, anybody -- doesn't matter if you're rich, if you're poor, if you have a fancy house -- doesn't matter. |
你们任何人, 任何人 不管你是富有还是贫穷 无论你是否有一个华丽的房子,无所谓 |
fancy:n.幻想; adj.想象的; v.想象;
|
You can go and create your own museum online -- create your own collection across all these images. |
你可以进入,建立你自己的网络博物馆 在这些作品中建立自己的收藏 |
Very simply, you go in -- and I've created this, called The Power of Zoom -- you can just zoom around. |
很简单, 你进入 我创建了这个叫做变焦的力量 你可以不断变焦到处看看 |
This is "The Ambassadors ," based in the National Gallery . |
这是国家艺术馆的“使者们” |
Ambassadors:n.大使(ambassador的复数形式); Gallery:n.画廊;走廊;旁听席;地道;v.在…修建走廊;挖地道;
|
You can annotate the stuff, send it to your friends and really get a conversation going about what you're feeling when you go through these masterpieces . |
你可以写注解,然后发给朋友 真的展开讨论 探讨你的欣赏这些 杰作的感想 |
annotate:v.给…作注解(或评注); masterpieces:n.杰作;绝无仅有的人;
|
So I think, in conclusion , for me, the main thing is that all the amazing stuff here does not really come from Google. |
所以我想, 概括一下 对我来说,最主要的是 这些精湛的艺术品不是来自谷歌 |
in conclusion:总之;最后;
|
It doesn't, in my opinion , even come from the museums. |
我个人甚至认为它也不是来自博物馆 |
in my opinion:在我看来;我认为;
|
I probably shouldn't say that. |
我可能不应该这么说 |
It really comes from these artists. |
它真的来自这些艺术家 |
And that's been my humbling experience in this. |
这就是我在这个过程中的谦诚的感受 |
humbling:adj.令人羞辱的;v.羞辱(humble的ing形式);使…谦恭;使…卑贱;
|
I mean, I hope in this digital medium that we do justice to their artwork and represent it properly online. |
我是说我希望这个数字媒体 能够为他们的艺术作品赢得公证 正确地展示他们的作品 |
digital:adj.数字的;手指的;n.数字;键; medium:n.(传播信息的)媒介;手段;工具;方法;adj.中等的;中号的; do justice to:公平对待;使…的价值充分发挥;适当处理; represent:v.代表;表现;描绘;回忆;再赠送;
|
And the biggest question I get asked nowadays is, "Did you do this to replicate the experience of going to a museum?" |
而如今我得到的最大的问题是: “你这样做 是想复制去博物馆的经验吗?” |
replicate:vt.复制; vi.重复; adj.复制的; n.复制品;
|
And the answer is no. |
我的回答是不 |
It's to supplement the experience. |
这是一种补充的体验 |
supplement:v.补充;增补;n.补遗;增补(物);补充(物);添加物;
|
And that's it. Thank you. |
我就说这些, 谢谢 |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |
Thank you. |
谢谢 |
(Applause) |
(掌声) |