返回首页

24.S01E01-反恐24小时

Identify . 表明身份
Identify:v.识别:鉴定:确认:发现:
Victor Rovner, requesting permission to transmit . 维克多.瑞孚纳 请求传输文件权限
Victor:n.胜利者;获胜者;adj.胜利(者)的; transmit:v.传送;发射;播送;传播;传染;
Log in. 允许登录
Log:原木,日志
Permission granted . 权限审核通过
granted:v.不错,的确; conj.因为; v.同意,准予,允许; (grant的过去分词和过去式)
Excuse me a moment. Let me catch up with you. 失陪一下 稍后再聊
catch up with:赶上,追上;逮捕;处罚;
This is Walsh. 我是沃尔什
Sir, we just heard from Rovner. 长官 刚收到瑞孚纳消息
He confirmed there will be an attempt today. 他确认了今天会有一起预谋袭击
attempt:n.企图,试图;攻击;v.企图,试图;尝试;
Did he find out who the target is? 他知道袭击目标是谁吗
Senator David Palmer . 大卫.帕尔默参议员
Senator:n.参议员; Palmer:n.朝圣者;变戏法的人;毛虫(尤指北美的小舌麦蛾幼虫);
As soon as the polls open, we'll be there. 投票一开始 我们就过去
As soon as:一…就; polls:n.民意调查; v.对…进行民意测验,使投票(poll的单三形式);
Senator Palmer seems poised for victory. 看来帕尔默参议员已胜券在握
poised:adj.摆好姿势准备行动的; v.保持(某种姿势);
I hate it. "On this historic occasion"? 我讨厌这句 在这个历史性时刻
historic:adj.有历史意义的;历史上著名的;
Well, it is an historic occasion, sir. 这确实是个历史性时刻 先生
It's self-serving to say it. 这么说话太显自私
self-serving:adj.自私自利的,自私的;
I want to stay low-key . - Wrong. 我想低调点 -错了
low-key:adj.低调的,软调的;抑制的;
Play it up, inspire people. 要积极一点 以鼓舞人民
inspire:v.激发;鼓舞;启示;产生;使生灵感;
Honey, what do you think? - I agree with Patty . 宝贝 你觉得呢 -我同意帕蒂
Patty:n.肉饼;小馅饼;
Okay, but not "occasion." 好吧 但别用 时刻 这个词
It sounds like we're having brunch . 听上去像在吃早午餐
brunch:n.早午餐(早午两餐并作一餐);
'"On this historic day"? - Deal. 在这历史性的一天 -就这样吧
You going to bed? - How can I sleep? 你要睡了吗 -我怎么睡得着
No, I'm going to write a few thank-you's. 我得去写一些感谢信
Call me if you need me. 需要我的话就叫我
Thank you, angel. 谢谢你 天使
You're in trouble, Dad. 你有麻烦了 爸爸
Really? - Yeah. 是吗 -没错
So... 所以...
Is she still giving you the cold shoulder ? 她还是冷落你吗
cold shoulder:冷遇;冷淡对待;
If by "she," you're referring to your mother... 如果你说的 她 是指你妈的话...
referring:v.引用;提到;将…归因于…;把…提交;(refer的现在分词)
I'd appreciate it if you'd call her by her name, mom. 我想你最好叫她妈妈
appreciate:v.欣赏;感激;感谢;理解;
And no, she's just busy. 而且她没有冷落 只是忙
She's busy a lot. 她一直很忙
And it's a school night for you, so time for bed. 明天还要上学 你该睡了
Good night. - I love you. 晚安 -我爱你
I'm glad you moved back in, daddy. 很高兴你搬回来了 爸爸
Me, too, sweet. 我也很高兴 小甜心
Have a good sleep. 睡个好觉
Good night, sweet pea . - Yeah. 晚安 小甜豆 -好
sweet pea:n.香豌豆;麝香豌豆花;
She still giving you a hard time? 她还是跟你过不去吗
I don't know when I became the enemy. 我不知道自己什么时候得罪她了
I think she blames me for you moving out. 可能她怪我让你搬走吧
Well, I never gave her any reason to. 我没有给她任何理由怪你
Maybe not. 也许没有吧
But I think you let her manipulate you, Jack. 我觉得你太纵容她了 杰克
manipulate:vt.操纵;操作;巧妙地处理;篡改;
No, I don't. 不 我没有
Let me guess. 让我猜猜
Just now she was sweetness and light, right? 她刚刚一副善解人意 开朗大方的样子对吗
sweetness:n.美妙;芳香;可爱;
Then she said something nasty about me? 接着就开始说我坏话了
nasty:adj.极差的:令人厌恶的:不友好的:n.令人不愉快的事物:
Yeah, and I just busted her on it. 没错 但我制止她了
busted:adj.被当场逮住;v.打破;突击搜查;(使)降级;(bust的过去分词和过去式)
Why you're taking this so personally ? 为什么你觉得她针对你
personally:adv.个人;亲自;本人;就本人而言;
It's just that mother-teenage daughter thing. 也许是妈妈和青春期女儿之间的正常矛盾而已
Maybe you're right. 也许你是对的
Maybe we should talk to her right now. 也许我们现在就该找她谈谈了